thesupergirl

is it me or is julep's secret store disappointing this month?

(0) Hearts

I guess since they just had there warehouse sale that's why there is not as much but I'm really disappointed in the fact that the brand new color betty in the shade of Garnett is full price! I was hoping that they would have done like last year and had a mystery box in the secret store. What do you guys and girls think?

ShinyMagpie

Re: is it me or is julep's secret store disappointing this month?

There's definitely nothing exciting there that's for sure. 

I got the Naughty/Nice box with the upgrade plus a whole bunch of stuff in the warehouse sale and some stuff with my 40% off coupon so I have ridiculous amount of new nail polish right now. Oh and the upgrade to all the polishes on the January box. I have to keep a spreadsheet updated now because I have so many. 

I like the look of Betty because I'm a sucker for glitters but I bet it will be available in the swap groups for cheaper at some point. 

A January mystery box would have been fun I agree. 

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Swap groups? When I was looking for more information on Julep I came across a thread somewhere that briefly mentioned a swap group also. If you don't mind sharing, can you tell me if they are open to everyone or if I have to be invited and where to find these groups? Also, have you ever seen one that allows swaps for Julep products besides the nail polishes. Being gluten free, I haven't even tried the face products that were sent in the Naughty/Nice box so I would love to find somewhere to swap those. Although, I suppose I could call Julep to see if they are gluten free.

ShinyMagpie

There's a closed group on Facebook called Julep Swap. Most of the members have Pinterest boards with swap items of Julep polishes, other polishes, and other Julep products. Some also have other beauty products that they swap. 

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I'm really starting to regret not getting the naughty or nice box! I keep hearing it was awesome!

Urbie

I wasn't tempted by anything, but between the BF sale, my first 2 maven boxes, and the naughty or nice box (with the upgrade), I have SOOOOOO many julep polishes from the month of December that I think I'm good for a while.  Even changing my polish twice a week will keep me occupied for at least 2 months :smileyhappy:

pearlgirl7

I got the Naughty and Nice Mystery box a few weeks ago, and then I got my first introductory Maven box. I didn't take the January box though so I don't get to see the secret store. I wanted to see what it was like, so that is the only reason I was considering the Maven box, but I know there will be other Maven boxes I will like so I will see the secret store some time.

Are there typically several products in the secret store? And are the prices as good as say their Warehouse sale and Cyber Monday sale? I was very happy with both of those sales!

thesupergirl

I loved the cyber Monday sale, for some reason there was nothing that sparked my interest in the warehouse sale the secret store has limited set and products usually 50%/70% off there are some individual polishes I think they were either $3.99 or $4.99. 

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info about the secret store! I will definitely have to check it out when I get my next Maven box. I was excited about the warehouse sale because of the Gem Collection 2013 box. I love glitter polish. Unfortunately, glitter is a no-go at work. So basically I will be looking at the pretty box and colors and occasionally using the polishes on vacation.

lonerchick

I'm not disappointed because they have soo many sales. I rarely even pay attention to the secret store. And I'm not surprised that the color is full price because it's new and  the purpose is for January babies to grab them up so they can wear it during their birthday month. I can't wait for for July!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

That makes sense.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • pearlgirl7
    • Urbie
    • thesupergirl
    • ShinyMagpie