michellep101

eyebrow waxing at a salon

(0) Hearts

so im 15 and i think my eyebrows need to be shaped. i dont have a unibrow or anything i just want an even shaped eyebrows. does the waxing rly hurt? im like freaking out whether i should get them waxed! help me please lol thanks :smileywink:

gabidee

Re: eyebrow waxing at a salon

(0) Hearts

I started waxing my eyebrows when I was 12.

I had and still have nicely shaped medium thick brows.

I definitely think waxing is worth it. I flinched the first time, but nothing more. If it weren't for

If you feel that you need to even out your brows, I say go for it! Waxing costs between $10-17 and it gives you great results. You will be red around the eyebrow for 2-24 hours after the waxing, so don't schedule an appointment right before a big or public event.  But, you will have to start doing this regularly, because the eyebrow will grow back. But I don't find it a pain.

pocketvenus

(0) Hearts

If you are worried about the temperature of the wax, you might want to consider having your eyebrows threaded. I've always had mine threaded in the past and have no complaints there. I imagine waxing would be much faster though.

glendoria

(0) Hearts

HI, Of course its going to hurt  ur pulling skin hair out but......... its going to sting a little and be a little red but it don't

last very long. The pain is worth the beauty, you'll so be glad when you've made the dicision to wax those uglys. I took my daughter in a few months ago to get hers done for the first time, now she goes all the time.

Your skin builds up to it...the skin gets tough...

Good Luck :smileyhappy:

waterbaby1981

It's definitely like ripping off a band-aid.  My skin is red after, but I also have really fair skin so it stands out really easily.  Personally, I don't mind the feel of hot wax, although I haven't taken the plunge to have my legs waxed yet.  (I don't like causing MYSELF pain, but if it's someone else doing it, it's okay.  Crazy, yes I know!)

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I have a scandalous confession: I have never had my eyebrows waxed! Manicures, pedicures, dermatology, yes -- but waxing my brows? Never! I've always wanted to try threading, or waxing, but I can't be patient enough to let them grow out to a point where I'm able to do either, because I have been plucking them for years, and I just pluck here and there as they regrow! Still, I wish I could be patient enough, because maintenance is probably easier -- I feel like I'm plucking strays all the time. :smileytongue:

From what I know, as tenngal said, if it's done well, it's just like ripping off a band-aid; there's a momentary flash of pain, but the sting goes away. I have friends whose eyebrows are a bit red afterward, but that fades rather quickly, too.

officegal

(0) Hearts

I guess it depends on how sensitive you are to heat and pain. I love heat, so I kind of like the feel of the hot wax. And it never looks all that red afterwards, but I have yellowish light-medium skin tone.

I like to go occasionally to get it re-shaped, then do my best to maintain the shape by plucking for a few months afterwards. When it gets hopeless, I'll go get waxed again.

If you're unsure about waxing, a good alternative is threading. Most salons and spas will provide the service. It doesn't hurt at all and it's actually better than waxing since it doesn't pull the sensitive skin around the eyes.

katimae

Thanks guys! This helps me with my decision too!   ---Kati

(0) Hearts

Thanks guys! This helps me with my decision too!   ---Kati

tenngal

I have waxed my daughter's eyebrows for years and she say...

(0) Hearts

I have waxed my daughter's eyebrows for years and she says it's just like getting a band-aid pulled off really fast.  I personally pluck my own eyebrows because I find it easier to just keep the strays plucked since I don't have a lot of hairs to be waxed off.  If you only have a few stray hairs that you need to tidy up, you may want to consider buying a good set of tweezers and avoid paying to keep your brows maintained.  If you have a lot of strays and don't have the time to spend on it, then waxing is the way to go, but if you just have a minimal amount of hairs you may want to consider tweezing the strays.  Here's a link to a quality pair of Tweezerman tweezers:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P123900&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5651

There really is a big difference between the $20 Tweezerman tweezers and the $7 drugstore tweezers.  So it's really worth the investment in the more expensive ones because it's a one-time investment that'll last you for years and years.

By the way, if you decide to tweeze, a little tip that helps the sting of tweezing the hairs is to hold a piece of ice on your browbone for a minute or two before you begin tweezing and you will barely feel it (if at all).

I hope this helps you.  Good luck on whichever way you choose to do your brows. :smileyhappy:

megrs

I've been getting my eyebrows waxed since I was 15 and I...

(0) Hearts
I've been getting my eyebrows waxed since I was 15 and I love it! It stings briefly, but the result is worth a little discomfort. If you are really apprehensive, my esthetician recommended to me that I could take ibuprofen about 30 min prior to the appointment. Also make sure you are not doing it the week prior to your period or the few days after you start. Your body is more sensitive-this was another piece of advice from my esthetician. I've been seeing her for about 7 years. Once you find someone who can shape and take care of you-don't leave. They are hard to come by.
prettyinpa

It doesn't really hurt like getting a shot or anything, i...

(0) Hearts

It doesn't really hurt like getting a shot or anything, it is more like when you remove a Band-Aid. If you think it's going to hurt, it feels worse than if you think, oh, whatever. I take a couple of ibuprofen before waxing and its much less ouchy.

6aad0801

It won't hurt. The wax is warm so kind of soothing. I wou...

(0) Hearts

It won't hurt. The wax is warm so kind of soothing. I would recommend getting them done late in the day Friday or the weekend when you don't have plans because there could be redness after so you'll either need makeup or some time not in public for the skin to lose the redness.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • officegal
    • prettyinpa
    • megrs
    • katimae