jaimelove

did you know...

that there are people out there who will steal a disney vacation from children? and not just that, but special needs children, knowing full well what these kids and their families are going through?

i am furious right now. i don't even know what to do. we booked this vacation over a year ago through a friend of a friend who worked for disney. she gave us her employee discount, so the res needed to be made through her and in her name. she texted me last month to let me know that she needed to cancel the res since she no longer worked for disney, and we have been waiting to get our money back so we could book ourselves since then. it's been over a month. it's just been excuse after excuse! she finally said she was depositing our money in our account on wednesday, but then couldn't get out of work. so she said she did it on thursday, but then there was a fraud alert put on her card so she said she took care of THAT on friday, and that the money would post by today. it hasn't. so now she's saying monday...

my boyfriend called disney today and they looked up our reservation... it was made but then cancelled due to non payment. there was never another reservation made after that one. disney is investigating, so now we are waiting for a call back from them to see what they've found. we are hoping to get a print up of everything from them as well to show proof of the fraud.

i spoke to our mutual friend who had set me up with her, and apparently she's done this to her now as well. she had booked through her before and taken the trips, so she was totally legit at the time. but on top of the $1700 she owes us, she owes our mutual friend $800 of a $1000 cancelled trip from 8 months ago, and she also set her friend and her parents up with her who booked a disney hawaii trip that was cancelled as well. she owes them $7000. that's $9500! and who knows how many other people she's done this to...

the worst part is, she knows full well what my family is going through. she knows that we booked this trip as a birthday present for our kids, because not only are my son's physical and health issues hard on him and on us, it's especially hard on his sister. i am just absolutely disgusted right now, not to mention angry, disappointed and just plain sad. the couple who she booked the hawaii trip for are seeing a lawyer on monday and it's very likely that we, along with our mutual friend (we've known each other since we were toddlers, she is my older friend and i completely trust her. she is absolutely not to blame in this), will join in the lawsuit against her.

seriously, though, who steals disneyland from a disabled child and his family?! she knew he had cancer, she knew he has spina bifida. we booked this trip when we found out that he needed surgery last winter. how am i supposed to tell my daughter that the disneyland trip she got for her birthday isn't going to happen now? we had friends and family meeting us there, too. so now i get to let them know that our vacation is off :smileysad: i was really looking forward to visiting with my california family, and my boyfriend's brother was going to meet his nephew for the first time. barring some sort of miracle, it's just not going to happen.  

Missie772

Re: did you know...

Just when I started having faith in humanity again (look up Make A Wish/Batkid and a plea to go to a soldier's funeral because he had no living family... I cried at both)... then THIS kind of stuff happens.

I am so sorry that you and your family plus several others have to go through this! I hope you get your money back and this woman gets her justice!!!

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

batkid made me cry like a baby!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

Im so sorry, Jaimelove. There are bad people in the world that are up to no good and will go through anything to get what they want ,sadly this was your family and your money :smileysad: god is always watching and knows what your going through and you will be blessed in the future:smileyhappy: this person whoever she is will pay for her sins, and once again I am really sorry for you and your family and wish you the best of luck, I hop everything turns out fine and that lady goes to jail. Best wishes, tons of love and many virtual hugs! <3 <3

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

this stinks!  I'm so sorry that y'all are going through this.  

ry22

This makes me so sad. One of my best friends had a brain tumor when she was eight. She was diagnosed terminally ill with three months to live, so she was given a wish be Make-A-Wish. She wished to have a family trip to Hawaii, and it was a blessing for her and her family. They were able to take a break from the stress and worrying and spend time as a family. Thank goodness for the Lord's miracles, my friend celebrated her 16th birthday in August. I will pray for your son, I know it helped my friend. And I hope things get resolved without going to court. Hopefully she will have a change of heart.

jaimelove

that is an amazing story! i love happy endings so much! 

jaimelove

i don't know, i feel really tacky, but i did start a gofundme account to try to raise the money we lost on the trip so we can still take the kids. if anyone is interested i can share the link in a private message. this feels really silly and extremely tacky, but i have been assured that it is not. but i still feel... i don't know. ugh. 

i'd say i need a nice stiff drink after this evening, but i don't drink due to a peptic ulcer. it's not worth the pain haha. i'll settle for starbucks in the morning, i think. or in the afternoon, when it's bogo on the holiday flavors :smileywink: 

and again, thanks for all of the kind words, ladies. it's been one heck of a week! on top of all of this my son has had the chicken pox and it has been very draining on both of us. he did, however, get cast for his brace on thursday, and we'll be picking that up on the 22nd! we are very excited for him :smileyhappy: 

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

Oh this just breaks my heart to read, much love to you and your family :smileysad: I hope you get this resolved and that you can still have a nice vacation!

mychoi

(0) Hearts

This post made me so angry! just... WOW

I'm so sorry for what happened to you! It's not like you just found some shady person off the street either >:/ Hope that woman gets what she deserves

sp2001

(0) Hearts

Can you take her to small claims court? That way you don't need to pay lawyer fees

jaimelove

(0) Hearts

one of the other couple's that she did this to (for $7000) is meeting with their lawyer on monday, so we should find out our options then. i think between the three of us we have a pretty good case, and it looks like it's a jury trial so i can't imagine that they would be very sympathetic to her. hopefully we would be able to get legal fees and travel expenses reimbursed, since we all live in oregon. i am assuming that i would need to be present to testify and submit my evidence. it's a whole lot of stress, but even if i DO get my money on monday (not holding my breath) i would still testify against her. apparently disney is very angry about this. they have forwarded everything to their fraud department, and we should be hearing back from them on monday after they've had a chance to go over everything. this goes against everything they stand for, and it was an employee of theirs. they even said that they were going to try to pull up her personnel file and find out exactly why she isn't working for them anymore, and check her booking history to see if she's done this in the past. it's all about to hit the fan. i keep feeling sympathy for what is likely going to happen to her, but then i snap out of it and remember that she did this to herself. 

jaimelove

as much as there are bad people in the world, there are some truly kind and generous people to make up for that. thank you so much for reminding me of this :smileyhappy: you've all helped to remind me of this today, and even bring a tear or two (thanks for that, i thought i was being tough haha) 

MermaidBarbie

People like her remind me of why I distrust 99% of the population. So sorry you and your family are going through this. I hope this situation resolves on your terms and that individual pays for her crimes. What goes around comes around.

KrispiKreme

This makes my heart hurt so badly for you guys. It is things like this that make me wish I could choke people through the computer. I hope you guys get this all worked out and are able to take your much needed and well deserved vacation.

syritt

There are just some people in the world... And all of you deserve this vacation. (Especially your daughter. Being the sister of a disabled child is a lot of responsibility.) Please let us know if you set up a fundraiser or something. I know I'm not the only one that would like to help out if I can.

carrie1975

Jaime, I sent you a message. Please read it and reply back asap.

CaitlinBrunson

Unfortunately, its people like this that turns most of us into untrustworthy cynics. I would like to think that generally, people are good and want to do the right thing. Unfortunately, good people get sick and bad people stay healthy enough to scam people. I am so sorry that this happened to you! Just try and remember life will get her eventually if the courts don't too. Karma is only a B to you if you choose to be one. 

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

this is horrible. I'm sorry. Prayers for you & the family to get this resolved quickly. Please keep us updated.

jellybean917

There are some really horrible people out there. I'm so sorry. I just don't even know what to say. I am appalled that she'll probably get away with it.

LuckyWinter

(0) Hearts

Awhh I'm so sorry :smileysad: -Hug- What a heartless person... I hope she will end up getting what she deserve!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 31 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • ry22
    • veronika23
    • crayzeeRN
    • MermaidBarbie
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • syritt