akwardwhitegirl

butterfly project

im not sure if any of you have heard about the butterfly project.. but i thought it was an amasing thing to do, and that id spread it...

1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.

2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.

3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.

4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you dont cut, it lives.

5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.

6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.

7. Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help

i used to cut, and im often tempted to. this is kinda what i needed.. a way to remember not to cut.
anyway, show your support and even help your self!
2012_09_17_19_54_07_498.jpg
feel free to post pics of you or your butterflies(:

stay strong<3
akwardwhitegirl

Re: butterfly project

wow

thats some amasing stuff.

especially with the tattoo... small world ya know?

i just figured that the more people knew the more it could help

and thanks for the support too! turquoise is SUCH a pretty color and i feel honored to be on your wrist(:

one of mine is named anthony, after one of my biggest supporters... and the other is named kyler, after one of my best friends(:

the next one will be named sephora... for all of you guys! i mean.. i dont want enough to name all of you(:

thank you, and spread the message(:

antoine0000

Yes.... you're doing great so keep with the butterflies to stop the cutting forever !

Antoine

11mylene

(0) Hearts

Thanks and best of luck to you in fighting this problem in such a creative way !  :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Thank you for sharing this post!

With such a heavy and emotional ladden subject at hand it's not always easy to approach someone who cuts or have someone who cuts come out and openly speak about how they may truly feel. This helps bright some light into the dark place that some people may go and it's done without any harsh judgement or severity.

I knew friends that used to cut and I know there are so many people out there that take that route as a way to deal with their pain and rather than be mean or hateful with a confrontation that can do more harm than good, this helps to guide and show them how to put strength and belief in themselves. Empowering ones self and making them feel good about themselves is such a big part of it.

Kudos to you!

prettyinpa

Thank you Anna for such a wonderful and emotional post. Your thoughtfulness is sure to help someone in need.

Good luck in your journey, I'm doing a little butterfly for you. (Turquoise, my favorite color).
beautylovingirl

You seem like you are an amazing young lady. You should feel very proud of yourself for doing this.

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Cute Project :smileyhappy:

Antoine

ChicDabbler

Well, it is a cute way to ease the pain of such a serious issue. If the butterfly doesn't help, or even if it does, I would stongly suggest talking to a friend or family member about how you feel. At one point I was seriously depressed and had mild thoughts about suicide everyday for months. I tend to withdraw myself from the world when I don't feel well, but by luck, one of my friend caught me in the middle of a bout and demanded I talk to him and reach out. I spilled everything to him, and to my other friends, and to pretty much anyone who is willing to listen, even people I wasn't close with or haven't talked to in 3 years. It was the word/emotional equivalent of dumping a ton of tar/slimey dead fish on someone, but my friends presevered and made me talk to them at least every other day until they were sure I was ok. I opened up, and after spilling everything out over and over, I was able to put things in perspective and move on.

Do the butterfly, but also do not be afraid to reach out. Talk to your friends, your family, your teacher, your counselor. It will help, I promise.

antoine0000

beautytester wrote:

Do the butterfly, but also do not be afraid to reach out. Talk to your friends, your family, your teacher, your counselor. It will help, I promise.

Yes, I agree with this.  Usualy family, teachers, counselors can be of great help with these problems and many ( ie conselors) have special training in dealing with these things so they should not be shy or ashamed to talk about it.

Talking about it and asking for help is the first step.

Antoine

Gymchic365

Wow. I am shocked that you posted this. Not in a bad way or anything, but I was literally JUST sitting here getting a butterfly tatto ready to put on my wrist when I heard my email ding and so I opened up my computer and saw this. I don't cut, but one of my friends used to(maybe she still does, I don't know) and I think there are a couple others that might. I wanted to wear the butterfly tomorrow to support them. Thank you for posting this to spread awareness! I hope you are ok and I hope this project works for you:smileyhappy:

Oh, and Antoine? This is not just a cute project. This has literally saved lives and stopped people from self harming so this is not just something small, ok?

antoine0000

Cutting self issue. :

(0) Hearts

Oh... Girls, please make sure you don't cut yourselves.... Now I'm serious, It can become a habit and stay with you and you wont be able to get ride of it .

When you get upset try to do something else : Like the butterfly thing and its a great idea !

Other ways are to let yourselves know that even if you feel bad, it's not your fault and hurting yourself is not any good at all.

THink about it and don't do it. I know it's easy to say.... hard to do :smileysad:

Antoine

Gymchic365

Re: Cutting self issue. :

I personally do not self-harm, but have friends that do and I want to support them. Just a clarification!

antoine0000

Re: Cutting self issue. :

(0) Hearts

Gymchic365 wrote:

I personally do not self-harm, but have friends that do and I want to support them. Just a clarification!

Thanks. It's good that you support them. It will be helpful to them very much !

Antoine

antoine0000

(0) Hearts

Gymchic365 wrote:

Oh, and Antoine? This is not just a cute project. This has literally saved lives and stopped people from self harming so this is not just something small, ok?

I know. Some people cut themselves and they need help.

If this really works then God bless whoever came up with the idea. But I hope none of you 2 young ladies have that problem or if you do, you'll try the butterfly first and never never cut yourself since it's not good to do it as you know!

Glad to hear it's saved lives. I still think the butterfly will look cute though and helpfull of course too . Thanks GymChic.

Antoine.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • antoine0000
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • akwardwhitegirl