kellsmuneoka

beauty items you don't use?

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies (and gents),

I noticed that in my containers my poor lip glosses, eyeliners, and nail polishes sit around never being used. I just don't really care for them and it's so weird because some people love them. Do you have a beauty item that other's love and you don't really care for? 

xoxo,

Kelly

properlylost

Re: beauty items you don't use?

(0) Hearts

Nail polish: I always think polish looks pretty in the bottle and get intrigued, but I literally have worn it once in the past ten years or so. I just don't care for the maintenance of it. Plus I like the look of healthy naked nails. I don't mind the upkeep of that.

Fragrance: I like the smell of them and have probably 40+ samples of them in my bathroom drawer, but I never end up buying any and only wear them every once in a while.

Hair products: I buy them every once in a while, but I'm never impressed with any enough to use them regularly and end up favoring just washing and towel drying it over products and styling. But that ends up being a good thing anyway because my hair is in amazing condition.

evno

(0) Hearts

Nail polish: I literally don't remember the last time I wore nail polish. I don't own a single bottle because I gave them all away. It's just not my thing. Ever. :smileytongue:

Mascara: My Asian stick-straight lashes defy all mascaras. So, my poor mascara samples are unloved. Maybe I can use them up as liquid liner?

Eyelash curler: Stick-straight means: Stick. Straight. It's a lovely tissueweight, though. 

Bronzer: My face tends to give off the waifish vibe, so I try to avoid contouring. I just wish the bronzers were pigmented enough to use as eye shadow. :smileysad:

Brow powder/liner: Ever since I discovered brow gel, my inner lazy girl took over from there. 

Lip liner: Yup, the inner lazy girl is alive and well. Lining the lips when you're going to put lipstick on anyway? Ain't nobody got time for that!

arielaaaaaaaa

Perfume! 

Do i love having them, YES!

Do i buy them all the time, YEAH!

Do i use them.....No..... 

I have 15+ rollerballs, 7 full size perfumes, Endless samples. 

I mostly never remember to take that 15 seconds to spritz myself before I walk out the door. And i also am one of those people who hates using up a product. So i don't use it, Lol. I have great logic. 

kssweetheart

works for me. :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

Oh, yes I do! It makes me ill and causes physical pain whenever I see them lying there, just Laughing at me!

I suspect they may be evil.

I believe it's a conspiracy!

Yeah, in case you're wondering, I had an extra slice of Melodrama pie last night. :smileywink:

I wanted to say something else...but it's a little off color.....don't know if I can, but I surely wanna say it.....

May the force of willpower be with me.

Cause it certainly wasn't last night at dessert!!! :smileytongue:

mimibel

[ Edited ]

A nude lippie I have. I like it, it makes my lips look slightly fuller, it looks good on me, I've checked it in several lights...but I just can't get over the feeling I might somehow look too washed out with it. I almost always end up going over it lightly with something pinker or redder at the last minute. Colorholic.

Similarly, a couple of months ago I would have said my UD Naked palette. My one semi-impulse Sephora buy of summer 2013. I didn't touch it until October, just used the primer! :smileywink: I really love all the shades but they are so very very neutral. I did a few looks with it alone and decided I like to do an eye with it featuring one bolder lid or crease color, using the neutrals for lovely shading and really love to use several of the shades as blending colors in general. I'm glad I have it though, I'm thinking maybe with a faux tan next summer I will like a shimmery neutral eye...

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I have trouble with nude lips too. I'm very fair and it's hard to find a great nude that doesn't wash me out. Can you tell me what your complexion is like and maybe who that lippie is by?

I'm glad you're getting into that UD palette. It takes me a while to get rid of things, I've had similar experiences when a product is doing nothing for me and then, all of a sudden, I try it again and I'm lovin' it! Glad you are now on speaking terms with that palette. :smileyhappy:

mimibel

(0) Hearts

thank you, 'm fair, 2Y02, MAC NW15. My current pic is in very warm daylight with some self tanner on. The nude I have is Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick in Pink Suga, I got a cheapie to test and see if I could tolerate my lips being that light/neutral. It looks fine but I tend to go for color, at least a 'my lips but slightly darker ' shade but most often a red or dark rose lip. This one may be just a touch too orange-y so it instinctively makes me want to pink it up. Ditto for the lippy I got in my recent Ipsy bag JCat big lip pencil in Caramel Mocha. I think I just need to let  the more nude lip idea grow on me. I like trying new ideas, new looks but I don't always take to things right away too. 

cutiecocolove

blush. i dont know what company their from but apparently its in.... green?

been using it as eyeshadow. i swear it says blush!

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

That's so weird. I know they say to use primers, moisturizers and concealers with a greenish tint if you have redness or rosacea, but that's taking it to the extreme!!

There are some MUFE colors that they say can be used pn more than one area of the face and it kinda floors me. Different strokes I guess.

I scent some samples to a friend and one of them was a mini-compact with a powder-ish looking product in it. Fast forward a few days, she calls me and tells me how much she Loves the powder-ish undereye concealer I sent her. What???? I sent her a mini compact with a powder-ish looking PERFUME in it!! It was clearly labeled. She's putting it under her eyes, and Loving it!! She insisted I was wrong, and fought me on it, read the writing girlfriend. She didn't stop using it that way, even after I told her what it really was.....Crazy! But, oh so funny. :smileyvery-happy:

miabt

Fragrances.  I own a bunch, but if I wear too much, I get a headache.  I also dont know how to wear my fragrances...  if they go with my mood or my outfit?!  I have a few that I love & I'll carry around a rollerball, but its rare that I remember to use it.  BUT, I had became a collector of our fun minis :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I'm a passenger on the Migraine Train too.

I only use a few perfumes but boy, oh boy, did I want those minis. I just couldn't justify it though, knowing I'd never, ever wear them.

They're just too darn cute!

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

Eyelash curler and fake lashes. MY eyelashes don't seem to stay curled, s it hardly seems worth the bother. I haven't owned a curler in probably 30 years. I've never worn fake lashes .... idk if I would - hard to imagine an occasion in my life that I would want them. 

I don't like a lot of lip gloss. Too sticky and such. 

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I can't live without my eyelash curler and to tell you the truth, mine is dying, barely works. But I got my moneys worth x Infinity out of it. **beautytester** did an awesome thread on eyelash curlers, I have to go back and find it, her info was Awesome!!

Some people need a hot curler to really do the trick. Are your lashes very thick and/or heavy? You've probably read a million articles about eyelash curlers, so I won't bore you with my details. I wish it worked for you though.

I'm scared of the glue that goes along with false eyelashes, although, it's quite possible it's no worse than half of the other things I put around my eye area.

Ignorance = Bliss = Stupidity = Eye Infections!!!! or some other horrible issue.

janinebt

Lipgloss: I almost will never wear it, yet have about 10-15 tubes laying around. Oye.

Eyeliner: I pretty much just wear brown, black, and nude; but have a ton of other colors in my makeup collection.

Orange based red nail polish: I have at least 4 of the EXACT same nail polish color in my collection.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
killahbabe

[ Edited ]

I'm the same way with orange-based red nail polish! I have 4 identical nail polishes. My toes refuse to see the light of day in the summertime unless they're orange-based red! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

So funny, that's what my toenails love too!

One fave color, discontinued 1,000 years ago -

Estee Lauder - Aegean Coral - what I wouldn't give for a bottle of that!

(more orange-coral than orange-red, I miss it so)

lylysa

Lip plumpers....personally just don't need them. I thank my genes for full lips!

What's funny is that when lip plumpers hit the market I LOVED the physical sensation they gave, but they never made my lips any plumper, they just looked extra smooth.

My friends think I'm crazy because once I layered 10 lip plumpers....I don't recommend that to anyone, I as doing it on a whim, and my lips were just extra slick and the natural lines were diminished but there was no significant fullness added. 

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

I'll by just about anything labeled 'plumper; I'm such a sucker, they see me comin'! I love the feeling of most of them, love the flavor and scent of Duwop. Funny thing, it kind of reminds me of when my Dad used to smoke Cherry Tobacco when I was little, even though I'm the biggest non-smoker, I Loooove the smell of that - tobacco or plumper form. Will wear it, won't smoke it.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I would say lip products in general.  I like the idea of wearing color on my lips, and I try to wear it, but there is way too many lippies in my house proportional to the amount of times I actually wear them - especially darker colors! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • killahbabe
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • marydiva
    • lilyyy