pocketvenus

Your most outrageous shoes

What's the most frivolous/outrageous etc. pair of shoes you own? I'm fairly conservative when it comes to shoes so I'll live vicariously through your posts :smileywink:

Here's mine (found the right colour this time as I posted the wrong colours in the obsessions thread). As you can see, I love earth tones and army greens!

tiffanybt

Re: Your most outrageous shoes

@ pocketvenus - I totally have those shoes and have to admit they're so comfortable. Is that Naughty Monkey? They make such cute designs that are perfect for those days you want to "Stand out".

@pandapple6 - I love how they have all the characters on there, especially the Little Twin Stars. Dr. Martens definitely knows how to make some heavy duty shoes. Growing up we had to wear them with our school uniform and I got excited everytime a catalog came out. I heart your shoes! :smileyhappy:

As for my most outrageous shoes ladies, unfortunately I can't take a picture of them because I was forced to throw it away. Does anyone remember those shoes that lit up by L.A. Gear? My sister and I went on a random trip to Target and actually found a knock-off Target brand that sold those shoes in our size. You can imagine the looks we got from wearing shoes that lit up everytime you took a stride. LOL! We were like toddlers wearing those shoes and getting a kick out of seeing them light up. :smileysurprised:

Anyways, those were my most outrageous shoes that I had to get rid of. Let's face it, who wants to see a 27 year old running in shoes that light up. . .. Not that cute!

BTW - I love all the pictures of  "Your most outrageous shoes" Please keep posting! 

pocketvenus

@tiffanybt Yes, they are by Naughty Monkey and I agree, pretty comfortable. I loved that criss cross design and wish I'd picked up another pair in a different colour... Totally remember LA Gears :smileytongue:

@kristamarielund Love the cubist pattern on the last pair, so fun!

@mermadelove I love how Fleuvog takes the period-ish stuff and the retro looking styles makes the design distinctly contemporary.

mermadelove

(0) Hearts

pocketvenus wrote:

@tiffanybt Yes, they are by Naughty Monkey and I agree, pretty comfortable. I loved that criss cross design and wish I'd picked up another pair in a different colour... Totally remember LA Gears :smileytongue:

@kristamarielund Love the cubist pattern on the last pair, so fun!

@mermadelove I love how Fleuvog takes the period-ish stuff and the retro looking styles makes the design distinctly contemporary.

This is one of the things i LOVE about him!!!!!! I have the cutest periwinkle slingbacks! Low heel. Very 50's housewife-- except that they have reflective grey racing stripes and the periwinkle leather shimmers!!! Yes, REFLECTIVE RACING STRIPES!!!

They are at my other house or else I'd post a pic!

tenngal

[ Edited ]

Just found this thread and finished reading through the whole thing.  Soooo many great shoes, ladies!!!

@mermadelove:  My daughter has a pair of the Danskos that look just like the ones you posted except hers are the swirly blue-green shifting color ones.  They are supposed to be great for nurses, but she says hers kill her feet.  I wish I had her size foot and I'd buy them from her cause I love them! :smileyhappy:

@kristamarielund:  You have some awesome shoes! :smileyhappy:

@pandapple6:  Very cute Hello Kitty shoes. :smileyhappy:

I'm going to go now and try to take pics of a couple of pairs of my boots to post...wish me luck...I'm not so great with the camera (ha, ha!). :smileyhappy:

tenngal

OK, so I was trying to think of some over-the-top shoes that I could post and my hubby walked through the house and asked me what the heck I was standing there looking puzzled about (ha, ha) so I told him I was trying to think of an outrageous pair of shoes that I could take a pic of.  He said, "Why don't you just take a picture of some of your everyday shoes, honey?" LOL!  Anyway, here are some of my favorite shoes and boots that I wear a lot.

Shoes1.jpg

Shoes2.jpg

Shoes3.jpg

Shoes4.jpg

Shoes5.jpg

But then I thought of one really outrageous pair of boots that I have never worn out of the house.  My hubby bought them for me and they were bought NOT to be worn outside of the house (ha, ha)!  Here they are:

Shoes6.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this such a long post.  Anyway, that's a glimpse of my shoes (ha, ha)! :smileyvery-happy:

katie1724

@tenngal: Those are bold and I'm sure they look awesome :smileyhappy: All of a sudden my closet is looking very austere in comparison!

: )

eastakrongirl

Although not my most outrageous shoes, I did bring two pretty fun pairs of shoes to work today. It was raining like crazy so I had to bust these out:

IMAG0146-1-1.jpg

But once I arrived it was time for these:

IMAG0147-1-1-1-1.jpg

tenngal

(0) Hearts

@eastakrongirl:  Nice red heels...I used to love to wear major high heels, but now I'd die if I had to stand and work in super high heels all day! :smileyhappy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@prettyinpa:  I didn't think for a minute that you were a fox hunter! LOL! :smileyvery-happy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@katie1724:  I'll bet your closet is full of great shoes.  I'll bet you wear a lot of high heels?  :smileyhappy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to go ahead and start putting up my boots and swapping out my winter shoes for summer shoes and sandals.  I always put if off cause I hate doing it for some reason.  Right now it's killing my shoulder to do it, so I'm pacing myself.  Anyway, I came across a couple of my favorite summer shoes so I thought I'd post a pic:

Shoes10.jpg

Shoes9.jpg

I love seeing everybody's shoes.  This is a fun thread! :smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@tenngal: I live in high heels -- I'm only a little over 5' tall so I have a complex :smileytongue: Hahah. Nice summer shoes!

My rain boots are about as crazy as I get -- they have whales on them :smileyvery-happy: I don't know why the whales appealed to me so much, but they did, and I had to have these. I've never needed rain boots in my life, but I get so much wear out of them now...if any of you live here or have visited SF, I'm sure you're aware that these are indispensable.

@eastakrongirl: I love your heart boots AND your heels! :smileyvery-happy:

Whale Boots.jpg

tenngal

@katie1724:  LOVE your whale boots!  Sooooooooo cute!!! :smileyhappy:

kalex

(0) Hearts

Argh!  You guys are killing me with all your cute shoes!  Now I have to take pics too.  :smileyhappy:

mermadelove

Ilove you, tenngal.you made my day.  enough said. :smileyvery-happy:

kristamarielund

@tenngal, you are my shoe hero. LOVE them!

prettyinpa

I want to clarify here: I DON'T foxhunt!  I just described what classic equestrian clothes look like as looking like foxhunting clothes. Maybe a better description would be looks like Olympic equestrian clothes. A friend wrote to me and said that it might look like I was cruel to animals, which I am definitely not! (Just check my monthly feed bills!) 

Still love tenngal's shoes!

prettyinpa

@tenngal: OOOOH, those are outrageous shoes!  I really like the first pair of Pucci-type cowboy boots, oh, I can just picture me at a horse event in those! Eventing has very prescribed dress and it is extremely conservative (think fox-hunting type clothes). Oh, those are to die for!

Thanks for posting your shoe pictures, they are so wonderful!!!!

beckpoppins

Ok so I own a lot of shoes but I think these three might be the wackiest if you don't count my gogo boots.

I love my buckled steam punk booties but they arn't too wacky. The middle pair are quilted vinyl that I found thrifting that just blow my mind, I never have anything to wear them with I just love them, and the last pair... is well, adult but they are a blast for going out dancing and they are quite the converstaion starters

pocketvenus

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's shoe descriptions so far <3

@officegal Yeah, they're pretty useless for running :smileytongue: But they're cute and comfy so it's ok. Love how your pink shoes have those colourful soles. A good excuse to pair that with super pink lipstick!

As for your dilemna... I have been thinking about it, and I wonder if Timberland doesn't have a good pair of comfortable yet styling knee high boots? Their boots are great quality... I also wonder if your leather flats could be sprayed with a fixative. (Not sure, but I think they also make fixative for artificial materials now too...) That might work for a drizzle, but probably won't do much on a day like today's torrential downpour!

@beckpoppins What an awesome vintage find!! I can totally see them in a retro look paired with a flouncy white skirt and lady like top and pearls. Or maybe skinny jeans, skinny belt, clean white tank and a giant grey fur stole. I love the steampunk look too...

officegal

(0) Hearts

pocketvenus wrote:

As for your dilemna... I have been thinking about it, and I wonder if Timberland doesn't have a good pair of comfortable yet styling knee high boots? Their boots are great quality... I also wonder if your leather flats could be sprayed with a fixative. (Not sure, but I think they also make fixative for artificial materials now too...) That might work for a drizzle, but probably won't do much on a day like today's torrential downpour!

Thanks for the brainstorm! I have a pair of kick-**bleep** wellies, actually (Michael Kors). It gets a bit stifling sometimes, though, so I don't like wearing it unless it's torrential. I was looking for something closer to ankle length for the light rainy days. In fact I was out looking for a pair yesterday and ended up buying makeup instead. LOL

I loooove seeing everyone's shoes! It's great to see everyone's sense of individual style. :smileyhappy:

ohhenri

Love shoes!! I have red high heels that I love, but since they're not so high, I guess my "most outrageous"shoes are my turquoise high heels. They're almost like the picture below, but bright turquoise and higher heels. But what is the most outrageous about them it's that I only wore them once, at a wedding, where I had to run after the kids in the grass, instead of taking picture when the happy couple exit the church... So instead of being only turquoise, they are now half green, half turquoise... (So, if you have any advise on how to get rid of the grass stain on shoes, I'm open to any suggestion!!!) Great subject by the way!:smileytongue:268217_NAVY_2_115x144.jpg

prettyinpa

I feel bad, I don't have any outrageous shoes! I have a pair of rubber barn boots that look pretty dumb, they have tree leaves and sticks printed on them (I guess some people must hunt in them), but they are insulated which is nice on cold PA winter mornings. I guess the closest I have to outrageous is a pair of Kenneth Cole sandals with fringe on them.

pocketvenus

[ Edited ]

@officegal - hot pink! I can't wait to see :smileyhappy:

I don't have any fun rainboots :smileysad: I always think that bright colours on shoes for me don't work.

My most impractical runners:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • beckpoppins