Your limit

kd006

Your limit

So I was just on the nordstrom website looking at their exclusive beauty products and stumbled on a La Mer product that I seriously could not stop dropping my jaw at.

It was their Ultra Rich Moisturizing Cream, and it's $990.00!!

I mean, I know La Mer is very expensive, but $1000.00 on a moisturizer?!

I practically had a heart attack just looking at it!

So, I got to thinking, what is YOUR beauty budget?

What is the top dollar you would pay for one item?

Is it $60.00 for a beautiful dior palette?

Or is it $250.00 for a Sk-II cream?

Or is it even $990.00 for a La Mer moisturizer?

I think mine would be $95.00 for the Perricone MD Blue Plasma.

I'm not afraid to drop a good dime on an amazing beauty product, but what is the limit for you?!

JenBlush

Re: Your limit

That cream better make anyone who wears it look like they're 15 years old! It better be like a face lift in a bottle in order to pay $1000 for a cream!! and the cream better last me until im 50!

My limit for a cream would probably be $60 along with palettes because they bring multiple things! But ughh... $1000! Thats crazy!

dolceloure

I typically don't spend more than $50 on any product, but I'd put $100 as my absolute limit for a single product. But I had been living on a TA salary for the past few years, so I was always a bit limited. We'll see if my price ceiling changes when I start working full time next month, lol. :smileytongue:

beautytester

hmmm, it's at most $70-80 for my mom's anti-aging stuff right now. I'm planning to get SK-II mask, $90, during fall's 20% sale so that will be....$72 for me. Basically keeping it under $100.

It's not that the products are amazing, just that they are good but overpriced. However, once my mom reaches 60+ (by then I'll have a steady job), I'm upping the ante to under $150 for a product. Any more than that, I'd rather get us a spa day or spend it on vacation instead.

kd006

(0) Hearts

What a good idea about the spa day! :smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

I can't justify buying a 1,000 moisturizer no matter how good it is. I mean if the product is amazing, I somehow can justify that I would need it somehow in my head. But I'll stick with other moisturizer that works for me and has a better price tag. 
I guess 200 would be the limit for one product.

kd006

(0) Hearts

I totally agree!

dannyc

That's just the price for the large size (8.5 oz) that's on sale right now...1 oz is $155

I got the small (1 oz) size as a gift a year ago and love it in the winter time. it really helped my skin stay hydrated while using retinol. Normally I'm really flaky and red during my retinol months, but not when I use it with Creme De La Mer. It truly is "a little goes a long way" type of product. I still have at least 1/2 left. I also keep some in a tiny jar in my travel bag for those late night/dehydrated times. 

When I run out I'll either try to convince someone to get me another as a gift, or suck it up & pay the $285 for the 2 oz. I honestly have never experienced that much hydration without grease or stick or pimples from a single moisturizer. 

kd006

(0) Hearts

That's good that it is at least a good product! :smileyhappy:

I just meant it as more of a "how can you drop 1000.00 on a product at one time" kind of way. I mean yes the size is big, but it's just that.. that's 990.00! Lol.

lolo01

I wouldn't spend more than 200.00 on one beauty item alone. This month the most I spent on 1 thing was $109.00 on the Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector by Lancome I had to have it once I finished my samples and saw results after a week. :smileyhappy:  Beauty comes with a price tag :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Oh my god, I want the Visionnaire so badly! I have been stalking ebay auctions for listings with several samples because I can't convince myself to get the full version yet. Haven't managed to convince myself to get one yet though. I just need to convince my mom to give me the 0.25 oz she has sitting on her dresser currently, haha. 

kd006

Wow! Results after a week is amazing! I need to check it out..

LCResz

I swear by the Visionnaire and Genifique combo! Worth every penny, and if you sign up on Lancome you'll know when they have 20% off!

LCResz

Seven years ago if you'd told me I'd drop $150 on a single facial product I would have laughed. But now in my mid thirties I accept that good skin care ain't cheap! I think my limit is probably $200 max on a single item, but combined I know the products I use for my morning and evening regimens alone close to $500 (but per day it's probably what I would spend on a combo meal at McD's so more incentive to not waste my money on junk food).

I may just be rationalizing though :smileywink:

kd006

[ Edited ]

Seriously. My parents used to freak out on me because I would always spend my money on makeup when I lived with them. I would always say I could be spending it on way worse things. So whatever. You're right, skincare doesn't come cheap, and I would rather splurge on skincare because it's whats going to improve your skin, not just cover it.

But then again, I do splurge on makeup too :smileytongue:

wendyomgwar

I've spent $60 for a foundation before, and my Clarasonic was $150, I want to get the GHD straightener which is $200 but I try not to go too crazy with my limit.

kd006

Oh yeah I also bought a clarisonic so I guess that's more expensive than my serum, but I forgot about that lol.

wendyomgwar

Its was worth every penny! Hahaha

ellevee09

If its reasonable I'll definitely get it. I think Marc Jacobs is way over priced so I'd pass on that! But I'm in the same boat when it comes to not being afraid to drop a good dine on an amazing beauty product. :smileywink:

kd006

I kind of expected it to be that much.. I mean he is a designer.. So I expected about $60.00 for a palette. Dior is only 5 shades and they're $60. So for 7 shades, thats MJ. Idk that's the way I justify in my head the purchase I made this morning :smileytongue:

consolvo

I figure a Clarisonic is basically forever, plus I had Christmas gift cards to help with the purchase. At least, that's how I rationalized it at the time...and to this day apparently. :smileyhappy:

I recently spent $68 on an eye cream, but I'm an old, wrinkled woman who is a tad desperate! lol

dianabt

No and NO. LOL There's no way I can justify a month of rent on a face cream no matter how luxurious it is! It better prevent ANY wrinkle from forming on my face! :smileyhappy:

My limit has gone down significantly since I'm fortunate enough to work for Sephora and try the new items without spending. That being said, when your gratis runs out and you realize the serum you love is $95? Well, sometimes you have to splurge. Have to. :smileywink: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 173 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dannyc
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa