kd006

Your limit

So I was just on the nordstrom website looking at their exclusive beauty products and stumbled on a La Mer product that I seriously could not stop dropping my jaw at.

It was their Ultra Rich Moisturizing Cream, and it's $990.00!!

I mean, I know La Mer is very expensive, but $1000.00 on a moisturizer?!

I practically had a heart attack just looking at it!

So, I got to thinking, what is YOUR beauty budget?

What is the top dollar you would pay for one item?

Is it $60.00 for a beautiful dior palette?

Or is it $250.00 for a Sk-II cream?

Or is it even $990.00 for a La Mer moisturizer?

I think mine would be $95.00 for the Perricone MD Blue Plasma.

I'm not afraid to drop a good dime on an amazing beauty product, but what is the limit for you?!

drrragon

Re: Your limit

Does Clarisonic count?  I've been curious about the Clarisonic Opal ever since I got to try one out at Nordstrom's a few weeks ago.  I honestly have no idea whether the claims are true or not, but it just felt so relaxing and soothing against my skin!

kd006

Clarisonic absolutely counts! I forgot about mine when I did the post but that is actually the most i've spent on a beauty item I believe. The opal is the one you use around your eyes right? I've thought about purchasing that!

crayzeeRN

I pretty much draw the line at $50 per product. I do try to take into account cost per weight/quantity... for example, right now I'm looking at a salicylic acid treatment by DDF, which is $46 for 1.7oz. The price tag makes me wince a little, but per oz it is actually less expensive that 90% of the other treatments I've looked at!

If I'm going to pay a lot of money for a product, skincare especially, then the ingredients it has it in had better be top quality!

beautylovingirl

@DoctorsMrs- I love your D it's so pretty!

DoctorsMrs

@beautylovingirl- Gee Whiz, THANKS :smileyhappy:

I don't have a lot of skill with computers but I can search, copy and paste pretty well :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

I'm also very skillful at making that same smiley face repeatedly :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

Mine would probably be $100 max for skincare. But for makeup the highest I would go is about $70. And the only reason why it's at $70 is because there are some palettes that are about $50-$60 that I would buy :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

Mine would probably be around 250.00 because that's about what one of the serums I used to use.

consolvo

The $68 eye cream I mentioned is the Lancome Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Eye. So far, I'm not wowed by it and it's going too fast as well. I may have to go for the Genifique next! The Cast Member mentioned it when I was shopping it, but I need multi-action! lol

LCResz

+1 on Genifique :smileyhappy:

beautytester

Ah, if it's $990 for 8.5oz, then since normally moisturizers are in 1oz or 1.7 oz jars, it's ~$150 per "jar". Definitely expensive but not outrageous.

Not that I would pay that much for it with all the ingredients. If people are worried about contamination/too much, you can always get a normal moisturizer jar and a scoop, sanitize both then put the 8.5oz into normal 1.7oz jars and use those. It will last longer this way and you can give jars to people you want to share with instead of using the same jar.

crayzeeRN

I just can't wrap my head around the idea of using that much product, unless you're sharing it with others, like you said! Craziness!

wingatprsct

[ Edited ]

No way!  Especially if it is a large bottle and would go rancid before it is used up.  However, if several people who use it went in on one bottle, they could save some money.  I'm all about cost per wear or value.  If it works and lasts a long time, I can justify up to $100 per item.  If it is something I use often and I really like the results, I will splurge.  Right now, I'm in hot pursuit for an eye serum to erase those little creepy lines around my eyes.  When I find one that works, I will fork out the bucks (and hope to get it during Sephora's 15% sale).  Most of my purchases do not exceed the $50 limit and that is for sets.  But hey, if I find a department store lipstick in a color I love and wears well, I'm not going to pass it up!

kd006

I actually just posted back to someone about the same thing you did without reading your posts- yes the product would WAY be expired before I could ever use it up lol. And splitting with friends would be a good idea- but... I could never find friends willing to spend that much on moisturizer either! LOL :smileyhappy:

LCResz

[ Edited ]

Lancome Genifique eye cream! Get a sample and try it out, hope it works for you like it has for me. I'm in my mid 30s and so far my eye area has shown improvement since I started using this eye cream. Now if I could just find my HG product to help with the laugh lines.

wingatprsct

Thanks LCResz!  I'll get a sample next week and try it out!  I'm pushing 50 but just started showing lines in the last few years. There are so many creams and serums to choose from and they all claim to do the same thing!

emmaclaire

I think it depends on the product for me.  I generally don't like spending more than like $80 on any single product, and the closer it gets to the $100 mark the more time I take to think it over, re-read reviews, consider alternatives, and weigh the pros and cons.  I tend to be willing to spend more on eye makeup and skincare or foundation, but I hate spending a lot on lip products because I generally don't wear them much.  And I'm surprisingly uninterested in building a bigger collection of blushes or highlighters because I feel I've found my HGs so I really don't need to get any more.

poshified

Highlighters are must haves in my collection! What are some of your favorites?

emmaclaire

My ABSOLUTE favorite (by far) is Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo.  I strongly prefer powder highlighters, and this stuff is obscenely perfect.  It's natural enough to give that perfect "lit from within" glow, but can be built up for a more editorial sheen.  The color is phenomenal - it's technically a very pale, pearly pink on one side and a white gold sheen on the other, but I blend it to create the most stunning opalescent effect on the skin.  I'm really really in love with it, and it's a fantastic price (especially for the amount of product in the compact!)

If I'm not using that for some reason (it's pretty much all I use) Benefit High Beam is decent for a liquid product.

kd006

(0) Hearts

The TF candlelight has been in my loves list for a couple weeks and it has been out of stock, but I def plan to purchase! :smileyhappy: I love that it's like 2 in 1.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 173 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dannyc
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar