You can get with this...Or you can get with that

lylysa

You can get with this...Or you can get with that

Had a fun little idea here for Beauty Talk! We're all in the same boat to give advice and make product recommendations, even share what we love and are looking forward to try; however, I want to really kick things into gear in terms of introducing new items to each other that we might not have considered before as a way to explore and even just research products for knowledge's sake.

Here's how this game goes, I list off two products as in---

"You can get with this: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum

Or you can get with that: Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20"

From there, you pick which one you like or would use depending on your own preference and what you know/experienced/researched from the product. Then you state which one you would go with and start your own "You can get with this/Or you can get with that" option for the next person to follow up!

Feel free to state why you picked what you did and let's see how long we can keep this going, I know it's inevitable that items will be repeated, you can respond more than once in this thread, and that glitches in browser used won't allow folks to respond under or directly to, so in that case, use the "@" symbol then the user to who you're responding and the products they listed. List off beauty, skin care, hair care, styling tools, nail items, body care, perfume, beauty tools, you name it!

For example, from the Ole serum and Miracle Skin options, lets say Bananachoo answers with the Ole serum, she tells why she would pick that, then lists off her own "You can get with this/Or you can get with that" option. Next up, Moregun comes in, she responds with "@ Bananachoo...." and gives her answer and so forth!

:smileyhappy: So let's start! First up:

You can get with this: Anthony Logistics Advanced Formula Lip Balm in Blood Orange

Or you can get with that: Butter London nail polish in Slapper

onomotopoeia9

Re: You can get with this...Or you can get with that

Oh - I guess it could be that my eyelashes just aren't as long/ thick as yours. My friend has very thick, long lashes and it looks amazing, but for finer ones, I would sooner recommend a lash primer with bobbi brown everything mascara or benefit bad gal lash

kenny

I have to go with the foundation, while I have used both (and they're both amazing!), I am completely in love with this foundation. I have been saving it, since it can be tough to find, and everytime I go back to using it, I wonder how I manage to go without it.

lylysa

Out of those two, I'd go for the foundation just because I've heard nothing but positives. I'm not in any rush to expand my large sum of lipsticks, so it wouldn't hurt to try a foundation.

Good one, Spyski! That's a tough call too!

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

Thats a hard decision. I want to try both of those!! But i'd probably go with the lipstick, It's my weakness!

Spyski

Oh, I know! :smileyvery-happy: 

I think I would choose the foundation myself...if I can ever find it. Ugh!

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

lylysa - thanks for an adorable idea!

I would go with the naked 2 pallet!!! The colors are all so beautiful and versatile, for any occasion, from neutral to glamorous.

I've actually tried out the living proof amp2 texture volumizer. It looked good for the first ten minutes or so but after that it just looked weighed down and full of product.

You can get with this: Benefit "they're real" mascara

or you can get with that : urban decay Theodora pallet

yellorose

(0) Hearts

@onomotopoeia9

Benefit They're Real! Mascara! I hate mascara and it made a believer out of me.

You can get with this: MUFE HD Microfinish Powder

or You can get with that: Benefit They're Real Macara

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

@onomotopoeia9-I absolutely love the Theodora palette!  Benefit's They're Real mascara smudges and clumps like crazy on me, I must be one of the few people who dislikes it from all the posts on here.

Thanks for the info on the LP volumizer, I was considering it for my flat as a pancake hair, but guess I'll have to look elsewhere. Anything you'd recommend?

lylysa

If you use root lifters/volumizers with a blow dryer Phyto has a great one called Phytovolume Actif.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

My hair is really flat here's what works for me:

phyto serums

sally hershberger root plumping spay

and this sounds really weird, but it is my best bet - I get so many compliments - blowdry the roots of your hair upside down

lylysa

[ Edited ]

For the fact that the "They're Real" mascara smudged on me, I'd go with the UD palette, even though I'm in no shortage for palettes/shadows! I really wanted to like the TR mascara, but *sigh*, no luck.

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

for some reason that mascara did not look good on me... it looked super clumpy and flakey.oh well.

and lucky you that u have that pallet - I just might cave in soon...

lylysa

Whoops, typo, I didn't get the Oz palette, but if I did have to choose between that or the mascara I would. Plus it comes with liner and gloss....what girl couldn't use more gloss??? Am I right? :smileytongue:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

u said it!!!

makeupobesessed

Benefit They're Real mascara, I love most mascaras!  And I have enough eyeshadow palettes.

onomotopoeia9

ditto about the eyeshadow pallets... I'm addicted. I just got the naked basics even though I already have the naked and naked 2 ...the theodora pallete is my one thing i didn't cave in for. yet...

prettyinpa

I'd go with the Kate Sommerville Golden Glow Self Tanner, I'm always trying new ones to hopefully replace my HG tanner, FusionBeauty Natural Tan that was discontinued.

Get with this: Urban Decay NAKED 2 shadow palette

or Get with that: Living Proof Amp2 Instant Texture Volumizer

yellorose

(0) Hearts

@prettyinpa

Urban Decay Naked 2 Pallette! I also have a pallette addiction and am trying not to get this. If I do get another, it would be this.

You can get with this: Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter

or You can get with that: Boscia Amino AG Eye Treatment

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure if this will help, but Amazon has a bunch of Fusion stuff on sale normally for dirt cheap. I got their tinted moisturizer for $7 and it's normally around $30. I searched "Fusion Beauty Tan" and pulled up a slew of products, not sure which is the exact one you need, but the Natural Protein Tan for face and body is around $8!

*Back up from enabling powers* :smileytongue:

makeupobesessed

Naked 2 palette!

makeupobesessed

I'm gonna go with the Butter London nail polish and the Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil.  Both are tried and true favs!

So, you can get with this:  Kate Somerville Golden Glow self tanning Kit

or get with that:  Too Faced EndlessSummer 16 hour Long Wear Bronzer

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 92 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa