lylysa

You can get with this...Or you can get with that

Had a fun little idea here for Beauty Talk! We're all in the same boat to give advice and make product recommendations, even share what we love and are looking forward to try; however, I want to really kick things into gear in terms of introducing new items to each other that we might not have considered before as a way to explore and even just research products for knowledge's sake.

Here's how this game goes, I list off two products as in---

"You can get with this: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum

Or you can get with that: Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20"

From there, you pick which one you like or would use depending on your own preference and what you know/experienced/researched from the product. Then you state which one you would go with and start your own "You can get with this/Or you can get with that" option for the next person to follow up!

Feel free to state why you picked what you did and let's see how long we can keep this going, I know it's inevitable that items will be repeated, you can respond more than once in this thread, and that glitches in browser used won't allow folks to respond under or directly to, so in that case, use the "@" symbol then the user to who you're responding and the products they listed. List off beauty, skin care, hair care, styling tools, nail items, body care, perfume, beauty tools, you name it!

For example, from the Ole serum and Miracle Skin options, lets say Bananachoo answers with the Ole serum, she tells why she would pick that, then lists off her own "You can get with this/Or you can get with that" option. Next up, Moregun comes in, she responds with "@ Bananachoo...." and gives her answer and so forth!

:smileyhappy: So let's start! First up:

You can get with this: Anthony Logistics Advanced Formula Lip Balm in Blood Orange

Or you can get with that: Butter London nail polish in Slapper

kenny

Re: You can get with this...Or you can get with that

@arielaaaaaaa Definitely the Tarte lipstick, I'm obsessed with lipsticks and lip colors in general, and I have a HUGE weakness for corals and warm pinks!

You can get this: Nars blush in Orgasm

Or you can get that: YSL Touche Eclat

Spyski

Hmm. That's a toughy! I recently tried a sample of the YSL Touche Eclat and really liked it as a concealer to cover dark spots. Left a radiant finish without looking cakey.

Haven't tried the Nars blush in orgasm. I know. I know. Where have I been?! However, I got my first Nars blush the other day in Gina and its quite nice, but doesn't last as lon as Tarte's Amazonian blush. 

I will have to go with the touche eclat!

makeupobesessed

Definitely Nars Blush in Orgasm

arielaaaaaaaa

@Lylysa Ahh that sounds fun!! I would say the Butter London polish!! That color is beautiful!!! I would love to try that brand. I already have a million lip balms. So i wouldn't go with another one. 

So i guess i'll start my own now... Hmmm.. 

You can get with this: Tarte Aqualillies Glamazon lipstick in Timeless

Or you can get with that: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye pencil in Psychedelic sister

yellorose

(0) Hearts

I know this isn't the question but I want Tarte Aqualillies Palette! But I just bought one so ARGH!

starletta8

@arielaaaaaaaa- I'd go with the UD Glide On Eye Pencil in Psychedelic Sister since it's already on my wish list!  I love great purple eyeliners and can't get enough.  I love the contrast between blue eyes, burgundy glasses, and purple eyeliner.

I'll try my own, based on some products I'm waffling between right now:

You can get with this: Dior Capture Totale One Essential Serum

Or you can get with that: Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum

yellorose

(0) Hearts

@starletta8

Although both brands are great, I would choose Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum. I'm not a big Shiseido fan but my Mom loves their stuff and her skin looks AMAAZING. Everyone thinks she's 10 years younger, no joke. It just never did anything for my skin type.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

@ Starletta, I would have to say the Shiseido serum, I haven't used either product, but I'm more familiar with Shiseido's skin care products than I am with Dior's.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 92 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • yellorose
    • berniebeauty