lylysa

You can get with this...Or you can get with that

Had a fun little idea here for Beauty Talk! We're all in the same boat to give advice and make product recommendations, even share what we love and are looking forward to try; however, I want to really kick things into gear in terms of introducing new items to each other that we might not have considered before as a way to explore and even just research products for knowledge's sake.

Here's how this game goes, I list off two products as in---

"You can get with this: Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum

Or you can get with that: Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20"

From there, you pick which one you like or would use depending on your own preference and what you know/experienced/researched from the product. Then you state which one you would go with and start your own "You can get with this/Or you can get with that" option for the next person to follow up!

Feel free to state why you picked what you did and let's see how long we can keep this going, I know it's inevitable that items will be repeated, you can respond more than once in this thread, and that glitches in browser used won't allow folks to respond under or directly to, so in that case, use the "@" symbol then the user to who you're responding and the products they listed. List off beauty, skin care, hair care, styling tools, nail items, body care, perfume, beauty tools, you name it!

For example, from the Ole serum and Miracle Skin options, lets say Bananachoo answers with the Ole serum, she tells why she would pick that, then lists off her own "You can get with this/Or you can get with that" option. Next up, Moregun comes in, she responds with "@ Bananachoo...." and gives her answer and so forth!

:smileyhappy: So let's start! First up:

You can get with this: Anthony Logistics Advanced Formula Lip Balm in Blood Orange

Or you can get with that: Butter London nail polish in Slapper

onomotopoeia9

Re: You can get with this...Or you can get with that

[ Edited ]

@rawrxjasmine - these two are pretty similar, but I usually love how philosophy product smell, so I'll go with that.

You can get with this - Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss

Or you can get with that - cover fX cream foundation

rawrxjasmine

@viviene23 the Too faced milk chocolate soleil bronzer! I just bought this stuff and I'm so glad I did. It's just an amazing color and it smells so good!

You can get with this: Philosophy Clear Days Cleanser

Or you can get with that: Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser

viviene23

@lylysa &rawrxjasmine

super agree ;-) the bronzer itself is amazing, refined and didn't look orange but it was the smell that sealed the deal for me...chocolatey goodness!

lylysa

@Viviene23, hands down, the TF chocolate bronzer!!! Though I love me a good hand cream, I'm not super picky, a regular body lotion will do in a pinch, but the TF bronzer not just looks amazing, it smells amazing!

Chocolate without the calories! LOL!

You can get with this: Apivita Express Beauty Mask with Royal Jelly (this item is on my shopping list for a while now....temptation)

Or you can get with that: Soap & Glory Great Kisser Lip Balm (smelled this in stores and it smelled beautiful, considering this when I run out of my Tokyo Milk Dark lip balm)

bananachoox3

OHHHH Soap and Glory Great Kisser smells AMAZING

Like candy peach rings or just peaches lol

love it, makes my lips moist and gives it a shine to it

lylysa

Yesss!!! I smelled this in stores and instantly, it was a "Yummmmmy!" moment!

viviene23

[ Edited ]

@bananachoox3

I'm a lipstick addict so I own both Dior and YSL rouge volupte lipsticks...can't go wrong with either. My favorite shades are #249 Diorissime for dior addict and #11 Rose culte in YSL. Try them and you won't be disappointed :-)

You can get with this: L'Occitane hand cream

Or you can get with that: Too faced milk chocolate soleil bronzer

makeupobesessed

Loccitane hand cream, I love those lotions!

bananachoox3

LOL
I love how my name is an example here

@ONOMOTOPOEIA9

Anastasia brow wiz

Nothing can complete your look then having filled brows. Plus I love using Anastasia whenever I'm filling my brows. Last and easy to use. 

You can get with this: Dior Addict Lipstick 

Or you can get with this: YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave - I'm with you on the disney...I am humming the song as i type lol

I would definitely say the nars blushes. They are a great consistency, the shades are all so gorgeous, and the pigments last all day, but come on sheer enough that they look natural. i have albatross and orgasm now, and gaity is on the top of my want list, for my next sephora trip

(it doesn't come out all bright on -- I hate when blush is too pinky)

some of benefit's boxed powders are nice, but I never really considered buying them because the depth of the boxes are inconvenient

You can get with this  - Benefit high beam highlighter

Or you can get with that  - anastasia brow-wiz

berniebeauty

@krunce- I haven't tried either product, but if I were to give one a go I would choose the Illamasqua's cream blusher. I am definitely more a makeup girl than skincare, but I have also heard really good things about Illamasqua's pigmentation with all their products, that you only need a little product because the color pay off is great. I also like cream blushes because I feel they, along with liquid tints, are more natural and have less shimmer/sparkle to them, something I value in a blush. Last reason- that color! It looks a little more peachy/orange than my go-to blush but honestly it is gorgeous!

You can get with this: Givenchy Play for her

Or you can get with that: Disney Collection A Whole New World Perfumed Oil Rollerball

PS- did anyone else sing those lyrics? I totally jammed out as I typed them out lol

~We are all beautiful~

krunce

I didn't actually sing out the lyrics of that song, but I did just notice that the voice in my mind couldn't help but sing that part of the sentence while I was reading it :s

lylysa

That's what inspired this thread! I had the lyrics stuck in my head and I just decided to add my own products to the end of each line and though, "Ah ha! This would be a fun thing to post in BT!" :smileytongue:

onomotopoeia9

creative!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You know you're a BT addict when you go through random points in your actual day and think of how it could relate and contribute later in a thread on BT! Haha!

sephoramusthave

Disney Collection :smileyvery-happy: I really don't know what either of those smell like but Disney always wins.

You can get with this: Benefit Boxed Powders

Or you can get with that: NARS Blushes

krunce

@ Spsyki - I would get the Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick. I don't wear foundation because I have so many freckles, only a bit of tinted moisturizer! And the formula for Givenchy Le Rouge is ridiculous. Just ridiculous (ly amazing!)

You can get this: Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourshing Sleeping Facial

Or you can get that: Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Rude

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh my! I can't wait to get my hands on the Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial, I already love the Wild rose one. It's next on my list for sure!!!

krunce

(0) Hearts

Ya, I used to be a huge devot to the entire Korres line, especially its Yoghurt products. I ended up with a bad batch once and broke out intensely for a week, and have since been traumatized. But the sleeping facials have the most amazing reviews... it's hard not to pay attention!

Spyski

@onomotopeia9- I would choose the Benefit They're Real mascara. Since I already have pretty long lashes, it really defines them with dramatic volume. It's my current mascara, always on the lookout for others though :smileyvery-happy:

You can get this: Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation 

Or you can get that: Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 92 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa