mychoi

Wishful thinking: What discontinued products do you want to see come back?

Mine would be UD's liner in 1999 :smileysad:

upload_5099093720198347339.jpg

I found some dupes online but havent gotten to ordering and trying them out yet.

anyone else have heartaches over discontinued products?

HelloCoffee

Re: Wishful thinking: What discontinued products do you want to see come back?

Does anyone remember Benefit's Honey Snap Out Of It! scrub/mask? That mask was awesome. Sigh….just another thing Benefit discontinued in their loooong line of discontinued products….ugh.

Unknown.jpeg

chupi

It seems like 50% of Benefit's stuff is limited edition!

HelloCoffee

Yep!  I used to work for the benefit counter years ago at a department store…and lots of customers would come back for things that were discontinued (it was hard to make sales!).  This is a big reason why I don't use Benefit products anymore, you can't get attached! Benefit seems to discontinue way more than other companies.  I'm also still mad at them for discontinuing my favorite gloss ever, Curfew.  Unknown-1.jpeg

HelloCoffee

The whole OPI by Sephora line needs to comeback.  Some were runny, but overall, what a great line.  I miss the seasonal promos/sets too.

iheartmakeup95

Urban Decay's "Lucky" eyeliner

vanillammm

[ Edited ]

mychoi - I just went to look and you are two behind me in RTSB 2.1 and I have a stash of UD's 1999 because I stocked up on it when it was on hautelook for $4 a pop. I will add one in there for you.

mychoi

image.jpgOh my!

thankyou!!!!

:smileyvery-happy: <3

lylysa

I'm not sure if you've gotten to try it yet Mychoi or if anyone else has weighed in, but Marc Jacobs' Gel Crayon in Jazz is a dupe for 1999.

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Highliner - Gel Crayon

Here's an image from it being swatched:

The only thing is that it doesn't have the same sizing in microglitter/shimmer as 1999, but the texture applies super smooth and it's soooooo longwearing and waterproof. 1999 is on the far left and you can see the berry and golden shimmer to it even more.

Here's a closer up shot of Jazz:

It definitely does have that shimmer aspect, but it's a lot more fine than the UD one.

The MJ formula is amazing, I had swatches on my hand and even in the shower with scrubbing they didn't come off!

mychoi

Yes I have heard and swatched. :smileyhappy: It is a pretty close dupe and I am impressed, don't get me wrong. But like a pet or a child, no replacement is every the same. :smileysad:

lylysa

True, I do notice the texture of the MJ ones are more of a gel-crayon with how they glide while the UD ones are like a creamier crayon.

itscarin

@mychoi -- have you ever actually used up an eyeliner?  I came close once, but then I lost it.  It was getting down to a nub.  Maybe only about an inch and a half left, but still usable!

mychoi

(0) Hearts

I still have 1999 left because I use it sparingly, but I've used up almost all of a nyx white eyeliner once that I put on my waterline. I consider about an inch an a half finished because how else do you put the cap back on. X)

bad823

This is going way back, Clinique Long Pretty Lashes mascara.  I loved it at the time.

Speaking of Clinique mascara, anyone ever try the Bottom Lash mascara? It comes in a teeny tiny tube with a teeny tiny wand, so cute, It does a nice job for those with short bottom lashes.

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

I have the bottom lash mascara and I love it! I've even used it on my teensy upper lashes that are in my outer corner :smileyhappy:

Cynara

Herve Leger perfume and Benefit She Laq eyeliner sealer.  

bunnymasseuse

clarks18

(0) Hearts

MAC Kohl Liner in Foxy Lady. They broke my heart when they discontinued that liner.  It was the perfect shade of red without being too much for eye liner.  I went through probably about 5 of these pencils before they stopped making them. I have a little stub of my last pencil left.  I just can't bear the thought of parting with it.  Too many great memories!  Ha!  I wish so bad that they would bring it back.  I try to stay hopeful about it being relaunched. MAC is notorious for pulling stuff like that.

NahiNahi

[ Edited ]

Lancome Aroma Tonic in the green bottle. LOVED. I miss it so.

Also, The Body Shop had a nail varnish remover that was really good. Purple and in a glass bottle, I liked it a lot.

kssweetheart

Philosophy Hope in a Bottle. They have one with a new name that says it's exactly the same as the old formula but with sunscreen. The downside is that I usually only use it at night and Really don't want to put SPF on my face to go to sleep. That's just wrong. So, I'm disappointed. I'll live.

Philosophy Supernatural Lip Gloss - had yummy mint flavor and great colors, :smileysad: about this.

Bourjois Cosmetic Lip gloss, first got it here at Sephora, now I only find it at Amazon, from independent sellers and at strawberry.com (think that;s it) I'm afraid they're going to be old and nasty and strawberry doesn't take returns.

I have to give Props to Philosophy - one of my all time favorite products in the world was discontinued. It was Philosophy Guru Hot Salt Scrub -- 

O. M. G. - it is the most amazing orange scent, I lived for it. Then they pulled the rug out from under me and discontinued it several years ago.

I still had one, untouched, sitting on a shelf with a little light shining on that masterpiece (okay, I'm not That far gone) But I did still have one from years ago. Then they started making it again!!! Happy days are here again!! I want to buy truckloads of it! Don't know how long it will be around this time. I'm just thankful and need to keep stocking up. 

Thank You Philosophy!!!

missrmessner

You can also buy Bourjois products from ASOS. Plus they always have free shipping, even though it's from the UK!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 88 replies
  • 119 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • lb1414
    • killahbabe
    • chupi
    • arielaaaaaaaa