tashalicious

Will Sephora ever carry high end products for dogs?

i love to splurge on my dog's beauty products, i think it would be so cool if Sephora sold high end dog shampoo, conditioners, sprays , hair bows and other accessories,  i would definitely upgrade to Rouge status in about 6 months. :smileyvery-happy:

miabt

Re: Will Sephora ever carry high end products for dogs?

Hi everyone, 

Some of the comments & memes are getting ridiculous and rude, so I'm closing the thread.  Sorry Tashalicious :smileysad:.  I completely share your love for puppy care <3

xo, Mia

ShinyMagpie

:smileywink:

stayontopic.jpg

SydBristow

I would love it if Sephora expanded more in what they offer for people. They have dropped a couple of lines I love, including LORAC, and barely carry any The Balm. Would also love it if the point perks got spiced up a bit, I can usually be tempted but even with my relatively high point balance I found nothing in the store this weekend that I wanted to walk out with, nor has there been anything online that's enticing for a while. And while I used to check the sale section daily, I stopped when I realized it just wasn't really going to change much.

In addition, the store literally had no samples to give. I asked and they said they don't receive any to give out.

While I'm not sure if pet products are part of their future plans, I would love to see some fun stuff on the horizon for us humans. :smileyhappy:

gogreyhound

I have wondered why they dont have samples like you get when ordering online? I get that they can make you little jars, etc. but I think it would still be nice to get regular ones. 

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

It really would be. :smileyhappy:  I'm a germaphobe and know people who have suffered from whatever transfers in makeup from sharing, it's not pretty.  I know it's hard to police a store full of fun products and I love the fact you can swatch products and get a feel for them, but I've literally seen people come in and do their makeup without being spotted.  No way is any of that stuff getting dumped into a jar that I would use on my face or NEAR my eyes.  :smileyhappy:  Ick! 

Guess it's a bit of a fine line between allowing people to experience the products and when it goes too far.  There's another high end makeup store locally (locally owned, not a chain) and somehow the layout allows you to swatch but you would never get away with applying makeup yourself there (and I respect that, and I've even had makeovers there because I know the products are sanitized). 

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

It sounds like the only reason why you would want Sephora to sell pet items is so you could earn points & rouge status. 

Like the burger/taco analogy below... sometimes we can't always get what we want. Except, you can.... go to the beatybar website. You can get pet items from wag, cleaning supplies from soap, food from vine & blush from beautybar with a lot of deals & GWP. Plus, if you have ebates, you get cashback. 

What about Amazon? Prime gives you free shipping on a lot of items, one cart, one charge.... 

I love animals and do spoil them, but I wouldn't purchase pet stuff from Sephora. Why for points? The perks suck, they keep getting smaller & smaller. Rouge status? Rouge is a joke! When I shop for anything, I look around for the best deal. Who is giving me the best price & free GWP? I rarely shop at Sephora now because so many other stores are giving out better deals. Why would I buy a Dior foundation from Sephora when I have to use points for tiny "gift"? I order from Nordstrom I can get a free mini candle, more than 3 sample packets & lots of minis. 

Same goes for pet products. I usually buy my dog's food from a pet boutique a few towns over. BUT, when I get a petco coupon, you better believe I order from there instead. I don't buy his food from the boutique to say I buy my dog's food at a boutique. No, I buy it from there because it's usually cheaper & the owner always throws in some treats & goodies for him because she knows he's a picky eater. Petco has his brand, but it's more expensive & I don't get all the freebies & quality service. 

I also don't bathe my dog often because he's not human. He doesn't have to be washed every week, it's bad for their skin. I wash him 4x a year. If he gets dirty, I'll rinse him & brush him, but his oils should take care of the rest. I rather wash him just a few times a year, than over wash & have to purchase more items to put on him. He doesn't need moisturizer & oils, because he produces that on his own as long as I don't over bathe hime :smileywink: 

tashalicious

i understand what you're saying and i agree, my idea was all in fun, i didn't expect people to get so worked up about it, and my comment about becoming Rouge in 6 months was just a joke, i don't spend $1000.00 a year on dog products. :smileyhappy:

gogreyhound

It is hard these days to get people to respectfully debate or disagree...or just make a nice comment and keep their opinions to themselves. I have some family on Facebook who can turn the simplest comment into an invitation for a 5-paragraph dissertation on why they are right and everyone else is wrong.  I would make a terible judge because I can generallyl see both sides of a story or argument.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

it's funny because when i watch men debate, they always stay on the subject, and back up everything they say with facts even though they may come off as arrogant or obnoxious , 

anaa

What facts do you think a man would bring to a discussion about your wanting pet products carried at Sephora?  Why do you think the reaction from a man would be different from what you've received from women?

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

who knows what a man or men would have brought to this topic , but in general when they feel strongly enough about a subject that they're willing to argue, they are prepared with statistics, historical facts ,case studies, anything and everything they can use to prove their point. How they differ from women? Guys don't expect you to accept their opinion as fact.

bratknits

There are no facts when speculating about something new just educated opinions.  

candacebt

Okay, fine friends. I am going to ask that we abandon this particular line of discussion. I don't personally want to close a thread down about dog shampoo, let's not make it come to that. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

anaa

Stereotype much?  Oh and by the way, regarding this thread, there are no facts! 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Oh but the reaction probably would be different. =P I work with all guys, here, let me try:

"What is Sephora?"

"You put those stuff on your eyes?!?! Wait, it cost how much?!?!? I thought it would be like, 3 bucks or something."

"You spend a bazillion dollars on makeup for yourself and now you want to spend *more* on not-food/toy for your dogs?"

Also, men don't try to prolong an argument/drama after it has ended/decisions have been made.

tashalicious

They also aren't drama queens that blow topics about Dog Shampoo out of proportion. 

kbmatthews

You're also the one dragging this doggone conversation out still :smileywink:

See what I did there? :smileytongue: lol. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

what can i say, i'm not a guy. :smileyhappy:

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

I need to add one.  You bathe your dog with what?!

that is all.

Actuslly I lied,we lost our cat shampoo in the move and our kitty gets smelly fast.  Fiance decided to bathe him while I was out and about.  When I get home he's going on about how fluffy and soft the cat is.  The proceeds to tell me he bathed him with the Fresh Sake bath I had under the sink!! (He was looking for the one that would be least harmful).  Either way, I feel as though my fit was for a good reason, and he hasn't touched my sake bath again XD. He still likes the lavender from time to time though if he's not feeling good and whatnot.

the point from this being, " why don't you just use your all natural stuff on the dog?"

i should mention he's not an idiot, it's just we now have a super long commute and the nearest "boutique" is a half hour away.

End0ra

Yeah, you poor thing.  You had no idea what you were starting, did you? :smileyhappy:  Although I didn't think it was the soundest business proposition, I enjoyed the conversation.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 181 replies
  • 509 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • emmaclaire
    • quixotic