tashalicious

Will Sephora ever carry high end products for dogs?

i love to splurge on my dog's beauty products, i think it would be so cool if Sephora sold high end dog shampoo, conditioners, sprays , hair bows and other accessories,  i would definitely upgrade to Rouge status in about 6 months. :smileyvery-happy:

bratknits

Re: Will Sephora ever carry high end products for dogs?

OK, didn't want to get into this because it's a little bit gross but... who's job is it going to be to pick up the urine and feces left in the store?  It happens even with the best behaved animals.  If you think the customers are going to do it themselves, think again.  Most of the time they bolt.  I've seen it.  I once saw a woman at an art festival RUN when her great dane lifted his leg on a $2500 handmade quilt.  Run fast with doggie's little outfit flapping the breeze as they went.  Now imagine that's a makeup display...

tashalicious

again, never once did i suggest Sephora become pet friendly, just pet product friendly.

hypnoticpoise

Don't forget about cats, I'm getting sick of my furry girls eyeing my makeup! :smileyvery-happy:

quixotic

My cat is already thrilled with Sephora - he loves that they sold me cat-oriented skincare.  I use the Perricone Cold Plasma line, which has a slight - but distinct - fishy odor.  All I have to do is put this on at night without another treatment over top of it, and he's in kitty heaven.  I'll feel little kitty whiskers brushing my cheeks while he sniffs, sniffs, sniffs and purrs.....

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

I'm so glad I'm not the only one ho noticed that >.<

m3rma1d

no.gif

SallieSunshine

Thank goodness we have finally solved the problem of what belongs on the main page of Beauty Talk and what is off topic to our community's discussions.

mrsbaine

* picks up mic..... RIGHT?!?! Much better than a heart party! ... *drops mic again... Off to my new "home". 

YouAreAlways

Love.

BrennaBombshell

download.jpg

bratknits

There are at least two major problems with this.  New York city has something that most of the rest of the country doesn't have, a large concentration of wealth and disposable income.  I don't think there'd be enough people with both the disposable income and the desire to buy dog products outside a few major metropolitan areas to the cost of the square footage in a store for pet products to be profitable.  

They apply cosmetics in Sephora and with most places that sell high end pet products the expectation is that the store will be pet friendly.  Trying to combine those two things in one place is going to give a lot of health inspectors palpitations.  A Sephora without makeup applications is going to suffer a bit with sales and a non-pet friendly store is going to have a hard time selling pet products.

Back to location, it's really different in the 'burbs than the city.  We spend a good deal on the dogs here but I don't think I'd ever shop for pet products where I buy makeup, the only place I can think of to do that is the drugstore and that's not exactly high end.  We don't even take them to the groomer, the groomer comes here with a mobile dog spa in a trailer and parks in front.  

ccDon

Exactly. Regardless of Sephora becoming pet friendly or not, It's not that big of a market and is very localized, so why would you risk losing clients of your main market to try something that is so specific?
And Sephora is a store that sells worldwide, as much as dogs are treated like family member worldwide, the practice of spending that much in dog products it's done by an absolute minority of the public Sephora  targets. It would be wiser to invest in in branches like organic cosmetics first as it is an at least twice bigger of a market.
You can tell the public would't respond well to that just by reading the reactions of people here.
As I said, pet friendly or not, if you do a research with women asking if they would like to buy their dog products in the same place they buy their high-end cosmetics I'm betting the immediate answer of most would be no, as much as I love my dogs as I love my own children!

starletta8

That's part of what I was trying to say last night... high end pet product places inevitably become places where pets are ok.

meagboho

Right? Someone with a little dog in their LV purse will be like oh well she's so small and quiet and well behaved I just need to get X for her and it could become a slippery slope. 

starletta8

And... oh, shes's so cute, nobody will mind if she wanders around this display. Nobody could ever mind her.

There's a fundamental disconnect between these groups of people and the rest of us, who are labeled as dog-haters or intolerant just because we don't want your animal (no, it's not a human baby) around items for sale.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

there is no slippery slope, no dogs allowed is an easy rule to enforce, i don't believe there is one employee at Sephora that is willing to lose their job for a cute little dog.

meagboho

I love my dogs like they are people, but unless we are going to the dog store they stay at home.  

I really think the only way it would work is if they were separated, like banana republic And athletica, or something. Sephora and Sephoruff (that's bad, I know!) separate websitcoupons you have one account and tabs at the top. I feel like the market for this is probably minuscule compared to Sephora/Ulta's market. 

tashalicious

Sephoruff is brilliant!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

high end pet products range in prices between $10 to $15 a bottle, it's more than what you would pay at Walmart or a drugstore but it's affordable to anybody who's interested in buying it. 

whether or not a non pet friendly store would not sell products has yet to be proven. :smileyhappy:

bratknits

Why would a dog owner spend big money on dog products when their dog isn't "good enough" to set paw in the store?  That's going to be the attitude customers take particularly when there are large specialty pet store that are pet friendly and sell high end pet products like PetSmart and PetCo all over the place not to mention small boutiques a plenty.

tashalicious

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

as a dog owner who enjoys buying high end products for him , i don't have that attitude, i respect the fact not every business can't be dog friendly for hygienic reasons, offering the products online is always an option. 

PetSmart and Petco are pet friendly and i do shop there occassionally, but i shop at Sephora more often and browse Sephora's website more often, so for consumers like myself, it would be nice if Sephora carried a high end pet product line  it would increase my business and the business of other like me.

as mentioned before a lot of companies are jumping on dog products because it's a billion dollar market, if restaurants and high end hotels are allowing dogs into their establishments, surely Sephora can add a few products on a shelf in their store.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 181 replies
  • 509 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • emmaclaire
    • quixotic