thatchicgirl

Who are your beauty and fashion icons?

I've loved Grace Kelly since about third grade when I had to write a biography on her for class - she was so elegant, and stylish, and poised! I've also always looked up to Carolina Herrera - she designs what women truly wants to wear, and empowers them. 

Who are your favorites?

catherineu2

Re: Who are your beauty and fashion icons?

(0) Hearts

Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Charlize Theron, Salma Hayek (I agree katie1724), Lauren Bacall, Sandra Bullock, I can't think of anymore lol.

I really like Dita von Teese style but I could never get away with it.

When I get older I've always said that I wanna look like Gena Rowlands or Helen Mirren. Both have great skin & hair!

MoreGun89

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't really have anyone I'd like to look like.  I suppose my biggest inspiration for appearance would be the character Sally Bowles from Cabaret, but only for the line, "[If people should ask me why I paint my fingernails green], why I say, I think it's pretty!"

I suppose I should also add Lwaxana Troi from Star Trek as well, she ages gracefully and always seems sexy, fun, entirely confident, and yet not too horribly over the top in her appearance.  

Otherwise like others have stated, it's about finding little pieces that you enjoy and like on yourself :smileyhappy:

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

For fashion I definitely have a thing for the classically stylish look -- Kate Middleton articles are huge clickbait for me.  I'm not terribly trendy; I try to put together a wardrobe that I know will serve me well for several years.  She definitely seems to have a similar sensibility.

My taste in beauty is much less understated.  I second/third the Dita Von Teese love.  I'm all about the pale skin with a bold lipstick.  On days when I don't feel like going all out I tend to take my cues from Pre-Raphaelite paintings: loose hair and just-bitten lips.

rainbow781

(0) Hearts

Blair Waldorf, she has hands down the best style (in my opinion at least) and Leighton is lovely.

Blake Lively, I love how she can do both old and new hollywood looks, not to mention she is incredibly beautiful and her smile always seems genuine in photos.

Nina Dobrev, she always looks confident in what she is wearing, a trait I really admire. Plus she is dashing, I Iove getting makeup inspiration from her and Blake Lively.

For other makeup ideas I really like to see what Chanel is doing, even if I don't purchase anything I get some great inspiration.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Kate Hudson. She looks naturally flawless in every picture, and she always looks like she is happy and having a good time.

runy

I don't have a particular fashion icon, but I just like to watch the Devil Wears Prada for classy and classic looks.

For beauty, I actually love the Kardashians makeup- though its not always appropriate and I don't really wear makeup like that- it gives me inspiration to play with some stuff.  I like watching 90210 for makeup ideas too.

aligolightly

(0) Hearts
carrie bradshaw, of course. I love how the outfits she wore went together and the trends she inspired. I also love Audrey Hepburn, Kristen Bell, and Reese Witherspoon for style. For makeup, I love Kat Von D's line and the looks that are put together with it. I also love Dita Von Teese's classic naughty but nice style.
pocketvenus

aligolightly wrote:
I also love Dita Von Teese's classic naughty but nice style.

I love Dita von Teese's look as well. She can be very mature, but also quite girlish. Gwen Stefani's wild girlishness is fun.

I like the masculine looks you find with Marlene Dietrich or Coco Chanel.

Gong Li for a commanding presence.

tinyjenny

I would definitely have to say Audrey Hepburn....she held herself with such class and was the ultimate picture of beauty inside and out!  She dressed flawlessly and always seemed to pull it off effortlessly!

officegal

Hmm... good question.  I don't actually have one that I follow.  I pick up bits and pieces of inspiration from different people/characters from season to season.  This is kind of a weird one, but for a long time I went through a Meredith Grey thing from Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy.  I KNOW, sounds odd.  But I was hugely into dressing up fashionably and stuff for a while, but then Grey's Anatomy began and I just adored Meredith's super casual down-to-earth look.  That became my weekend look for a few years.

Then there was the time I went through a Blair Waldorf stage when Gossip Girl first aired.  Now I have NO IDEA what to do with the headbands and colourful tights.  LOL

katie1724

@officegal: I forgot about Blair Waldorf...I totally wear headbands (within reason). Hahah!

rainbow781

(0) Hearts

Blair Waldorf is my fashion and beauty icon haha.Oh now I'm nostalgic I miss Gossip Girl

thatchicgirl

Agh I forgot Gossip Girl!!

You can't do fashion without Gossip Girl. 

aligolightly

THIS. Blair Waldorf single-handedly did the fancy headband trend. I love it!!

officegal

(0) Hearts

Yay, I'm not alone in my (temporary) insanity!  :smileywink:

allegrissima

@katie 1724 - I too am a great admirer of Catherine Deneuve.  She has so much class.  Her style is so simple and yet so powerful !  I have loved her since I saw her in Belle de Jour. 

@officegal -  You are not alone with headbands.  I have a lot of good quality scarves and I'm proud to say that I can tie them in so many ways....  and I still use them as headbands once in a while.  :smileytongue:

sarithor

(0) Hearts

I love Jennifer Aniston. I totally had the Rachel hair cut in Jr. High School lol. It looked really bad on me. But I still love her look and style. I also love love love Lucille Ball... I dunno if I would consider her a fashion icon lol, but I really look up to her and her personality and she really was a strong independent type woman. I've probably seen every episode of I Love Lucy growing up lol. I'm actually named after her. My middle name is Lucille, because my mom really liked her growing up as well... it was suppose to be my first name but my dad did not like it at all haha. So, it became my middle. Some of my friends call me Lu though and some of my family calls me Sarah Lu or Sari (pronounced s-air-eee dunno how it ended up getting spelled like that) Lu lol.

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I love Carolina Hererra, too! Grace Kelly was stunning, especially in Rear Window (such a great movie). I want her wardrobe!

My #1 icon is Catherine Deneuve. I love her, and she stll looks gorgeous in her mid/late 60s. I also love Christie Brinkley, Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara and Heidi Klum.

: )

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • runy
    • katie1724
    • sarithor
    • officegal
    • sephoramusthave