Alygal90

Where do you store your make-up?

Bedroom, bathroom, fridge?

I keep mine in one of those clear acrylic cases with the drawers on the bathroom counter... I guess I've always wondered in the back of my mind if that's unhealthy for the make-up itself.

yazmin

Re: Where do you store your make-up?

I love the Alex, it hold everything for me... well sort of... I am still organizing it :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

yazmin, I saw the cutest blog post where the lady MADE little organizing slots for her lipsticks and blush, etc… It looks awesome. 

I'm lazy and bought organizers

yazmin

Me too! I bought them from the dollar tree and spray painted them gold because they were metal I was only able to find 3 black and the rest gray... but I saw it and I made one.... but I have some thicker lipsticks and I made it bigger.... in the end it was amazing but the thinner lipsticks were dancing in the slots... so I threw it out. it took me a whole day too...

bombshell30

Will have to clean up because right now it seems like my makeup is EVERYWHERE! 

calamityjane85

Mine too... My vanity is out of control... I have noticed it is starting to creep into other areas of the house.  Lotions and hair cremes and glosses have been straying away :*D 

bombshell30

Check your purse and car!!! I have to bring in things from the car and empty my purse at least once a week... by Saturday my shoulder is always killing me from all the extra weight!!!  GEEZ!!!!  As soon as I get cleaned up I want to share a pic but right now you couldn't see what was what! LOL Soooooo bad. 

calamityjane85

haha my hubby picks up my bag, and will say "GOOD GRIEF what is in here?"

I say "girl stuff"-and then whisper- " and makeup" :smileyvery-happy: A lady doesn't want to be unprepared now do we??? Now in my defense my purse is rather heavy all on its own, but i'm used to it... I have a strong left arm/shoulder lol

annypoo

I know this is bad, but I keep my makeup on the floor. I like sitting on the floor when I do my makeup because I'm pretty close to the mirror.

Untitled.jpg

anaa

I have been putting on my makeup while sitting on the floor for years!  I am really nearsighted and I don' t put my lenses in until I am finished my makeup.  Just is so much easier for me to sit on the floor and hold my mirror as close as I need to!

jenjendoitagain

Omgosh!! This reminds me of when I was in high school! Right there in front of the 'door legnth' mirror on the wall, sitting with my little drawer of makeup!! Brings back memories....and makes me want to start again! :smileywink:

bombshell30

This was so me!!! And this is how I taught my niece. On the floor, close to the mirror :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

GosmsPhoto1384291490475.jpg

This is the mine, the pic is when it was still in the antique shop. I searched so long to find the perfect one and finally its mine !!

killahbabe

Love, love, LOVE this, CalamityJane! I've been on the hunt for a vintage vanity and I've yet to find one that doesn't sit low and require a super low seat... this looks like the perfect height! :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

I agree, that's one of the things I kept running into. I don't really get their thinking when that was in style. Now I am on the hunt for a antique velvet ladies chair to go with it!

warriorwitch

The same thing they were thinking when they stuck their heads into boxes to get blasted with radiation, which was a very popular beauty treatment at the time. XD

Jandi

Beautiful!!!!!!!

bombshell30

Gorgeous!!!! 

warriorwitch

The mirror looks like a sea shell, makes me think of mermaids.

warriorwitch

[ Edited ]

I have 2 vintage traincases and a antique (Edwardian I think) vanity.

upload_3436003354977666718.jpgMy vanity looks a lot like this except the middle shelf isn't rounded out like that, its as deep as the drawers and it has claw feet. I would take a picture but it needs to be dusted and polished because I live in the desert and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. (Procrastination)

Most of my palettes go in one drawer, back ups and makeup I don't use very often goes into another, the rest of my makeup is spit into two train cases. One for eye makeup and one for everything else. :smileyvery-happy:

DesertRose0706

I love this vanity!! I have one very similar myself, mine is from the 1920's.  I am still trying to find a good stool/chair to go with it, though.  Do you have a stool to go with yours?   I'd love to see pics if you do :smileyhappy:

warriorwitch

No, and I have yet to find I stool/chair that would match. However I have a plan, instead of getting a chair or stool, I am going to find a big over stuffed cushion to use instead, because the center section is so low to the ground I think it will work better.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 98 replies
  • 230 hearts
  • 54 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki
    • lb1414
    • killahbabe