sweetieeee

What to do when a guy is interested in you but you have a BF. Random.

[ Edited ]

It may seen stupid but what would you do?

well today after class I was waiting for my BF to pick me up and while I was waiting a guy came up to me and asked if he could use my cell to make a call. I know I forget my cell and ask others if I could use theirs if it's an emergency. Happen twice my whole life. So I said sure:smileyhappy: well as he made a call he turned around and some how I got the feeling a faked the call by the way he was talking. "Not sure" well and hour later I get a text from this guy saying I was beautiful and he was to shy to talk to me and thanked me for letting him use my phone. I told him no problem and thank you:smileyhappy: then he said  he hopes to see me around some time and told me his name. ( I thin realized as he walked away he had some high school football sweats on from the same HS as me. I was a cheerleader. Wich explains why he looked familiar to me and why I let him use my phone that was out in the open.) well I did nicely say if he sees me around maybe we can chat while on break but that I did have a BF. The convo went something like that sorry gals. But then he called me 3times at 3dif times. i didn't mention it to my BF because I didn't want him to get upset or think get jealous fast. I have no friends so meeting new people at school and just having a chat is nice you know.. But I think this guy might think different and I don't want to be mean. after all I'm pretty sure we went to the same high school and know similar people. I just don't want to assume anything and be like.. Sorry I can't talk to you I have a BF. I don't even know if I make any seance at all... Hahaaaa..

sweetieeee

Re: What to do when a guy is interested in you but you have a BF. Random.

[ Edited ]

Well that's cleared up. Thanks! I haven't received a call or text after the other day. an I know now how to handle the situation if I happen to run into him in person. I know now what I should and shouldn't do for futer. I can be a tatal dork I know. But I always look for the good i. Things but not everything is good. Yeah I'm one of those girls that awkwardly walkes around with a smile on her face all day... Hahaa. A pix I happen to find a few days ago and it reminded me of this. Jst a good laugh I thought.image.jpg

tashalicious

i don't trust him, he seems manipulative and sneaky.

Heatoyos1

[ Edited ]

Oh man, I also have the hardest time mentioning I have a boyfriend. I don't want to make the guy feel awkward when he put himself out there (it takes courage to approach a girl) and I don't want to presume he's interested and cares if I have a boyfriend, if he isn't really interested. 

If he used your phone to get your phone number, I think it's very creep/passive. He couldn't find you on Facebook, like other people do? I wouldn't want him texting much less calling me. I would text him to stop.  

Plus, if he had actually asked you for your number instead of taking it, you could have told him at that time that you had a boyfriend. 

HelloCoffee

I know what you mean, not wanting to assume someone is interested and not wanting to hurt them.  You have to find ways to drop the BF bomb whenever though, lol.  

"Nice weather today", "Yes my boyfriend and I were just talking about that"  lol

sweetieeee

Yeah I always make sure that when a. new guy stricks up a convo i make sure he's aware of my Bf. To make sure things don't get mixed up.

tigrelili

(0) Hearts

do  YOU have any interest in the guy past being nice/ gullible?

if not and thats not someone you want to get to know nor have anything in common with then theres no reason to take the time to set ground rules , just let them know youre not interested in speaking to them further and that you arent available for what they have in mind relationship nor friendship wise.If they cant respect your wishes nor your space theyre most likely not going to make a good friend , especially when they have designs on you from the get go.

I have had guys get my number that way some are shy but others are master manipulators so its really how he responds to what you have to say that will show you which one he is. All I have to say , please be careful.

SirenPrincess

I had something similar happen when I was in college, thinking someone was trying to just be friendly but then it getting sorta creepy when I had a boyfriend.  I didn't want to be mean, but ... sometimes you just have to be, and I think this is one of those times.  You need to be very direct and say "I have a boyfriend and this is making me feel very uncomfortable.  Please stop."  If he's a decent guy, he will do so.  If he's not, then you want as far away from him as possible!

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

Good point! Put your own safety first over the possibility of hurting someone's feelings. 

That's why I don't get into elevators with men alone. I wait and take the next elevator, or I step out. 

sweetieeee

I feel like crapp. I shouldn't be so dumb&&nice. I never had that happen though. but I did feel like he took my number and should of went with my first gut feeling. Thanks gals!

bombshell30

Can you just block him? Just tell him "I'm sorry, my boyfriend didn't care for me getting texts from someone he doesn't know" if he balks at that sweetly ask if he would like to meet you bf! What a CREEP!!!

HelloCoffee

You just have to **bleep** in in the bud ASAP.  I agree that he took your number instead of asking for it......even if he really was shy and didn't mean that maliciously, you did tell him you have a BF and that alone should have made him back off and not call/text you....that right there proves he isn't so nice (or isn't so shy, either).  

I once had a guy come up to me in college and ask for my number and when I said I had a BF he said "it didn't matter".  I was disgusted.  

bombshell30

I'm with Hellocoffee on this! A nice guy would NEVER chase another guys girl!!

cpeezy

What a creepy and intrusive way to get your number! He didn't ask, he TOOK it, I wouldn't trust this guys boundary issues!

sweetieeee

True! I always get your too nice blah.. But I over think it or didn't think at all.

sorry this topic was way off Topic.

solveig

I don't mean to sound morbid or pessimistic when it comes to evaluating people, but please be careful with people who express that kind of behavior (tricking you to get your number; calling you, even after you said you have a boyfriend, and not offering any explanation for that). If you suspect that you boyfriend might get jealous, chances are you subconsciously feel that this guy's intentions are far from being your chat-buddy. 

cpeezy

(0) Hearts

This is exactly where my mind went, sounds a little intrusive and manipulative.

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the advice!

i wasn't going to hide it from him at all I just wanted some input from you gals at the same time. I wasn't sure how to handle it at all. The last time I told my bf he got upset at me instead of the guy which upset me because I took the time to talk to him and wasn't out of line at all.the guy was.

sweetieeee

And that guy I had to remove former social networks by my self because he made me uncomfortable. The worste part was that my professor kept putting us in the same group to work. I was so relieved when that class ended! as a kid I had an issue with a boy that has stayed in my mind and made me uneasy at times so I try not to over think things... I'm everywhere with this post..

killahbabe

He didn't ask you for your number... he took it without your permission - SUPER CREEPY!

Also, if it's something that you don't feel comfortable telling your boyfriend then perhaps it's something that you shouldn't be doing. 

This is coming from a woman with more guy friends than I can count. But you better believe my husband knows about all of them and I am more than forthcoming about communication I've had with them.

bombshell30

(0) Hearts

Ditto! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • sephoralovex
    • mafan
    • bombshell30