sephoramusthave

What sunscreen do you wear?

[ Edited ]

I actually use 4 different ones throughout the year and alternate whats best for me at that time.

On a day to day basis, I use Mychelle Sun Shield SPF 28

SunShield-SPF 28 copy.jpg

When the sun gets stronger I use Lavanila The Healthy Baby Block SPF 40

The Healthy Baby Block SPF 40

When I need something water resistant I use Badger Unscented All Natural Sunscreen SPF 30 ( for pools, lakes and outdoor workouts)

Badger - All Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30, Unscented - 2.9 oz

And for the beach I use Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblocks ( SPF btw 50-110)

Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Sunblock, SPF 85 - 3 fl oz

melissabt

Re: What sunscreen do you wear?

Hi Sephoramusthave,

Right now, I am using the Ole Henriksen Protect The Truth™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen. It feels light on my skin and I also like that it's oil free!

Protect The Truth™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen

<3 Melissa
reenreen

I am a total river rat, and every summer go to the river and beach a lot, since I was a baby. So I have had many experiences with different sunscreen. Being in and out of the water wakeboarding or tubing I needed a real dependable sunscreen. With all my years I have always stuck to Hawaiian Tropic spf 45 and spf 15. They are very affordable, waterproof, and smells soo good. Just like any sunscreen you just have to reapply every couple of hours, if your in and out of the water.

tenngal

As much as I love the Neutrogena sunscreen that I'm using, I am such a skincare junkie that I can't stop myself from still searching out other products even when I've found one I'm totally happy with.  So I just bought Kate Somerville's Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.  I plan to use it tomorrow so I'll update on how it feels, works under makeup, etc., once I've tried it out.  The main reason it lured me into buying it is because it says it "suits all skin types, including oily and problematic skin" and I definitely fit into the category of oily and problematic skin, ha ha!  Anyway, I'll update once I've used and seen how it holds up. :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

I've tried the Kate Somerville SPF 55 Serum sunscreen and I didn't like it as much as the La-Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Fluid. It didn't rub in as nicely and left my skin feeling slightly sticky afterwards. Perhaps because my skin is so oily- it didn't break me out, so in that way it is good for oily skin, but the tacky feeling left me less than satisfied.

tenngal

OK, so I've had a chance to try the Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen a few times and I am really loving it.  I have super oily skin and this sunscreen absorbs even better than the Neutrogena that I love.  I feel like it blends in easier than the Neutrogena without having to rub my skin as hard, which I really like.  I hate rubbing my skin hard--that's just asking for wrinkles, ha ha.  I actually feel like my skin has become softer since I've been using the Kate sunscreen, too, with all the antioxidants in it.  However, I just started using Dior Capture Totale One Essential again over the weekend so it could be it causing my skin to be softer instead of the sunscreen.  Or it could be the combination of the two--who knows, ha ha.  Anyway, for any of you oily-skinned or acne-prone ladies, this sunscreen is working great on my oily skin and isn't causing breakouts so you may want to give it a try.  :smileyhappy:

@prettyinpa:  I may give the sunscreen you're using a try once I've used this up.  I'm going to make myself use this whole tube before jumping to another sunscreen again cause this is too expensive to not use up, ha ha.  I wish I had a way of sampling the La-Roche Posay sunscreen before buying, but there's nowhere close to me that carries the brand so I'll have to order whenever I try it. :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

tenngal I really think that you would love Mychelle Sun Shield. Its like a moisturizer but its pure sunscreen. It rubs in completely, never makes me break out and its an all natural, physical blocker that stays on top of skin until you wash it off. I use the original, unscented SPF 28 one, which isnt strong enough for the summers here but they did just come out with a new one with SPF 30 that also has tons of skincare benefits.

officegal

Today I busted out my new Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF38 and it's kind of awesome! I didn't even wear a primer but it sort of kept my face nice and matte. It initially feels slightly greasy but absorbs well and feels velvety after. It's so much better than the Aveeno SPF30 I've been using before. I also tried out the Clarins Sun Control Eye Contour Care Very High Protection SPF30 (geez, what a name) and it also felt quite nice and didn't give me any irritation issues.

As an extra precaution I also got the Clinique SPF45 stick just to carry around for emergencies. Haven't tried it yet though. Anybody a fan? (Or, not a fan?)

lovemakeup21

I love neutrogena and the classic bana boat is good I wear like 100 thou lol

pinkyy13

On a daily basis I use Aveeno's Ultra Calming Moisturizer with SPF 15. But if I am going to be out in the sun a lot I wear the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer one (just like the last one you posted).

officegal

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

I haven't seen that new Neutrogena liquid sunscreen in the (Canadian) stores yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

What do you guys think of the Shiseido facial sunscreen? Anybody given that one a try?

ran8

[ Edited ]

Shiseido (55) provided great protection and all but it was cause little red bumps around under my eyes and cheeks.  Stopped using it and they went away.  Don't know if the 35 does that. 

Texture wise, I thought it was quite light and easy to apply on.  Never felt heavy or weighed down.  Also it never turned me pale as some reviewers complained about. 

One ingredient that threw me off was Xylitol being advertised as a benefit.  I thought that was a sweetener they used to keep kids from getting cavities in items such as fruit snacks (and that will make animals really sick).

I will also note that a lot of sunscreens out there do not play nicely with my face so it might not do that to you.  The 1.2 oz might be worth trying.    

Interesting that the NIH (national institutes of health) has a page on it (the ingredients). 

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

I found a new sunscreen that I really want. Its called Goddess Garden Baby Natural Sunscreen SPF 30. The texture is very similar to Lavanila Baby Block ( which I actually picked up today in Sephora). Its a light, white lotion that you dont feel at all on your skin, it absorbs quickly leaving no white residue, its mostly organic with the rest of the ingredients being natural, and its water resistant. The only other natural sunscreen I've found that is water resistant is the Badger. 

Close this window

plusbelle

[ Edited ]

I use Lavanila The Healthy Baby Block too. I love it because it's all natural and it's full of goodies for the skin with no chemicals around. It's really gentle also. It's the only sunscreen I use. I don't use sunscreen constantly but when I'm out in the sun I use this sunscreen. It's the best.

<3

tenngal

Oh boy...another chance for me to rave about the Neutrogena sunscreen I love, ha ha!  I'm sure you all get sick of listening (or reading) about me telling everyone about the Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50.  It's so good I just want everyone to know about it.  It is 100% naturally sourced with no harsh chemicals so it's perfect for anyone with sensitive skin.  (A lot of sunscreens cause my skin to have a stinging or burning sensation, but not this one.)  It is fragrance-free, dye-free, oil-free and hypoallerginc, too.  It's sweatproof and waterproof and layers underneath my makeup perfectly.  I have really oily skin so I love the texture, which is a liquid, that absorbs quickly and completely with no greasy feeling left behind.  Here's what it looks like in case any of you are interested:

Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid SPF 50

But, honestly, it's the best facial sunblock I've ever used.  I had a spot of skin cancer on my face a while back and that got me even more into sunscreen than I had ever been before.  I know my post sounds like a sunscreen commercial, ha ha, but I just think sunscreen is so important for everyone! :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

Thank you tenngal for the Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50 recommendation! I get a little sunscreen obsessed when summer time arrives, and I actually did get this at CVS a couple of days ago and its great! I wanted a sunscreen that was waterproof and had titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as an active ingredient and this fits the bill! When I go swimming I usually use the Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblocks because nothing else I use is waterproof but chemical sunscreens break me out! I havent gone in the water with this yet so I hope it lives up to its waterproof claim but its weightless, rubs in quickly, doesnt whiten, it makes my powders look natural and not overdone and it has a high SPF. Its really tiny and expensive for a drugstore product but if its completely waterproof and doesnt break me out I'm keeping it! It has a funny smell, like paint but I will deal with that if I see the results I want from it! Also its matte, so its perfect for under makeup.

tenngal

@sephoramusthave:  I'm so glad that you tried and like the Neutrogena sunscreen!  I love the non-chemical aspect and it works so well under makeup!  Glad to hear you like it! :smileyhappy:

beebrunet

I've always used vichy captal soleil spf 30 facial fluid:

It's very easy to use and looks invisible under my makeup-big plus! :smileyhappy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I use either La Roche-Posay Anthelios OR Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 (which works amazingly well under makeup) or Neutrogena Age Shield Face SPF 110. I ran out of the former, so I've been using the 110 lately. For my body, I *just* (as of about an hour ago, during a quick Target run) bought Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 100+. I also bought a hat, because I realized I had forgotten the hat I always wear in the sun. I'm in southern CA for the weekend -- it's about 95 degrees in the desert and I'm not taking any chances! (I've been known to burn no matter what I use).

Both of these work really well with my skin and never irritate or dry my face.

:smileyvery-happy:

flamingcheeks

I use Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer SPF 15 and Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20 on my face. I like the Lavanilla Baby Block for neck, hands and body. Most of the chemical sunscreens irritate my skin -- especially on the parts of my face where the rosacea is the worst.

sephoramusthave

I hope that no one will stop wearing sunscreen just because the sun isnt as strong anymore. I dont leave the house without it, the only time I'm not wearing is if I know that I will be at home all day.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 62 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • Jillie
    • officegal
    • strmysony
    • prettyinpa