Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What scares you?

With Halloween almost here, what scares you? Or do you have a phobia? Have you done or attempted anything to overcome your fear?

I have bathmophobia (fear of stairs). I have no problem at the bottom but looking down from the top is another story. Also related is escalaphobia (fear of escalators) which is even worse because it's moving stairs. I don't know where this fear came from but I read that if you have some weird fear (my mom is terrified of being buried alive), it's because that's how you died in a past life.

Re: What scares you?

Aw, that's very sweet, thank you.

We were incredibly fortunate to not be harmed. Even more amazingly, but significantly less importantly, we got almost everything back. But I couldn't have cared any less about any of our things at that moment, knowing what could've happened. 🙂 

I watch a lot of crime/mystery/murder shows and I'm terrified of people breaking in. There's been 2 or 3 incidents in my city where a group of people act as flower delivery men and break into peoples homes. 

Anonymous Insider

I'm not sure if it's considered a "fear", but birds (more specifically, pigeons) give me anxiety.  Not necessarily in the "The Birds" kind of way.  I'll walk across the street, or go around it.  People who scare of flock of birds & force them to fly toward me... death stare.  Well, after I flail around like a mad woman.  

Funny/not funny story of how it started:  My mom used to take me to feed the ducks, the duck wanted more, I had no more bread for it.  The mean sucker pecked at my hand and chased me.  Imagine one of those "funniest home video" moments.  Sigh.

xo, Mia

@Anonymous   Omg that would be traumatic!   birds are scary- especially geese!  

I have a fear of birds pooping on me

I was at a rowing camp and a bird dropped one right on the handle of my oar where my hand had been a second prior. It was excellent aim on its part.

Anonymous Insider

Hahaa!  That actually happened to me!  I was a freshmen in HS & had long, luxurious hair & a seagull got me real good.  Another reason I dislike birds so much!! 

I remember the Filipino boys running around at our school trying to get defecated on by the flocks of seagulls after lunch.

They claimed it was for "good luck."

Clowns

Spiders

Snakes

• TAXES
  • STUDENT LOANS

Student loans are way scarier than taxes.

Oh yeah!

Taxes should only scare you if you neglect to pay them. 🙂

Bugs.  Anything with more than 4 legs is not ok with me.  

Money.  I spend too much and will soon have a mortgage.  gah!

Clowns.  Just...no.

Spiders

Snakes

Heights  (Ferris Wheel)

Never marrying again and having kids 😞

yes, yes, yes and yes. 

Moths. With their crazy erratic flying and creepily fuzzy bodies...... blech. I'm terrified one would fly into my head and get tangled in my hair. If I'm out at night and there are moths, I'm either hiding in a hood/hat or have my hair in a tight bun. 

Anonymous Insider

Moths ate the lining and part of the outer of my favorite wool tam-o-shanter.

I'm sure this won't help you with your terror, but my mom had a ladybug crawl in her ear one night. Holy crap no one slept until she got it out and calmed down.

OMG. That totally reminded me of this old episode of Night Gallery. The one with the earwigs. Did you ever see that episode? (I just looked online and I think it may be on YouTube.)

I remember that one!!!!!! Everyone talked about that one for days!

Anonymous Insider

O.o omg I will look it up tomorrow. I feel like it would be a bad idea it is only six hours until my bedtime. LOL I know I will dream of earwigs...

Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • upload_7602801869890266912.jpg
  • tumblr_inline_nbho4tHc571qlt0ws.gif
  • tumblr_inline_n971efVftZ1qazf3y.gif
  • tumblr_inline_mygtczQ1mA1r3zat8.gif
  • C9766483-9DF9-486F-8E72-871312018EBF.jpeg
  • 8197131D-90C7-41B9-A6C9-9FCD9C8E8A55.jpeg
  • 1603295177159.jpg
  • EEFD7E60-016E-4FF5-953B-82FEBE52F781.jpeg
  • luna road.jpg
  • luna basil 1.jpg
  • luna basil 2.jpg
  • IMG_20210607_092612030.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00-37-05 Beware the joro spider Scientists say the giant, but harmless, arachnid is spreading.png
  • Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 00-35-18 Beware the joro spider Scientists say the giant, but harmless, arachnid is spreading.png
testing