arielaaaaaaaa

What's the one beauty item you tend to accumulate a lot of?

It can be Lipsticks or blush, maybe eye shadows? Everyone has a different makeup or skin care item they have a lot of, so what's yours?

For me, in the Makeup category i tend to buy a lot of Lipsticks! I have around 20 different ones. 

In Skincare i tend to buy a lot of face mask. I love putting on a face mask! So relaxing! I have around 8 different ones to help with my skincare concerns!

So what do you like to have a variety of?

mxcx

Re: What's the one beauty item you tend to accumulate a lot of?

Oh god, mascaras! I have about thirty tubes in my makeup drawers right now.. 

For skincare, I never mean to have a lot of these, but I always seem to hoard toners. I mean, do I REALLY need the same toner whose only difference is what percentage of an active ingredient in is there? Why yes.. yes I do. I must purchase both since there's such a HUGE difference between 3% and 4%. :smileytongue: 

arielaaaaaaaa

Lol! How funny! I now hoard a lot more of Skin care. I have way too many thing but as long as they don't expire how a while its okay right? Lol what's your favorite toner? i have only tried two, Boscia clear complexion tonic, and Murad Clarifying toner. 

mxcx

That's how I justify it to myself. :smileytongue: 

I'm still on the quest to find my holy grail toner, but lately I've been really liking Mario Badescu's Grapefruit Glycolic Toner with 4% glycolic acid. It stings a bit (especially after extractions) and I use it only at nighttime, but I definitely do see a difference with the frequency of breakouts. (: During the daytime I've been using the SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, but.. the price tag on that one makes me cringe. I like it, but it's not fantastic, and I don't think it's worth the price because it doesn't really have any de-clogging effects or clarifying effects on breakouts as far as I can tell. 

How did you like the two toners you've tried before? I've tried the Murad one in hopes that it would help clear up my breakouts, but it just dried my skin out horribly and led to flaking, especially around my eyes and mouth. ): I had to use three moisturizers, one on top of another, for a month before the flaking stopped. :'(

If I remember correctly, you said you have dry skin right? Have you ever tried the Shiseido Eudermine Revitalizing Essence for hydration? 

http://www.sephora.com/eudermine-revitalizing-essence-P173653?skuId=153726

It's super pricey, but it's the most hydrating toner I've ever come across. It doesn't really do much else though, just makes your skin more hydrated and supple, but it does feel very nice. The White Lucent toner also in the Shiseido line is less hydrating but has brightening effects for dark spots leftover from acne and whatnot, but I'm not sure how it is on dry skin.. it didn't make me more oily and I have super oily skin, so it might not be enough hydration for you. ):

arielaaaaaaaa

With the Boscia one i don't really see a huge difference. But I use it in the morning just so I can finish it off. And I really like the Murad. I did have extremely dry skin and now it's normalized somewhat. Probably thanks to origins drink up mask and overnight mask. But I didn't find the Murad drying on my skin at all. I notice less breakouts, and I love the tingly feel. Lol. I just checked out the Shiseido revitalizing one you said but I'm looking for more clarifying results with a toner. But you got me interested in the white Lucent one. I will check that out! Dark spots are a huge concern for me right now! I've seen the kit and thought about it but didn't know anyone who had tried it! 

i find it so weird the Murad dried your face out so much, that's really odd. Origins is seriously my life saver. My skin isn't dry anymore at all thanks to the Drink up mask and intensive mask. 

mxcx

I'm so glad the Murad one worked out for you! And if I ever have super dry, flakey skin due to product trial I'll definitely look into the Origins mask. :smileywink:

I like the White Lucent line, but keep in mind that it works pretty slowlyyyy, so you'll definitely have to keep using the products for months before you'll see a difference. I guess they formulate it that way to make it good for sensitive skin too, but it's a little frustrating because then it's hard to tell if it's the actual product working or your skin just sloughing off the melanin on its own..

I have super dark pigmentation from acne, and I've had good (faster) results from using a glycolic toner. I think chemical exfoliation outstrips manual by far, so you should give it a try! If you want to find out more about chemical exfoliation and pigmentation, I've recently started watching this really great channel by Neal Schultz on Youtube. He's been a dermatologist for decades and specializes in treating acne and aging; search him up on Youtube!

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh i will definitely look into that! I do use Chemical Exfoliators, i have seen a difference! But my scars are really bad, and every new pimple leaves a mark unfortunately. They have gotten better but i'm always looking for the next best thing! Thanks for the suggestions! 

kimchikween

Nail polish and eye liners are my playground..I tend to stick to a particular shade of lipstick because of my skin/lip tone

1930sbella

Oh yeah, and nail polish! How could I forget that? I have about 60 -70 different shades of nail polish.

mkupgk

Everything lol

1930sbella

Haha, good question! Lip products ( chap stick, lip gloss, lip stick, lip stain.....) and lots of eyeliner!

NikkiShops

Eyeshadow palettes and lip products!  They are my weakness!

I've been getting into skincare recently so now I'm noticing I'm starting to accumulate a lot of cleansers and exfoliators!  Some are mini's though, to be fair.

I regret nothing!  Lol :smileyhappy:

poshified

Eyeshadows. Palettes. Eyeshadow palettes. :smileyhappy:

DST57

Argh, me too...meeeee too :-)

malday

Definitely lipstick. I have more than 20 shades, half are red or berry variations and I have officially run out of room to store them :smileysad: I used to hoard lipgloss before I really got into lipstick so now I have a bunch of really old lipgloss floating around too haha. Since you're also a lipstick hoarder, do you have any storage tips? I keep mine in a small square basket with the labels facing up so I know what's what but my basket is full!

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I don't have any great storage tips unfortunately. I keep them in a Sephora box, and keep around 5 different ones that i switch occasionally in a makeup organizer on my bathroom sink. 

malday

(0) Hearts

Looks like I'll have to just find a bigger basket then haha.

Littlemermaid81

Definitely lip products. I wear them everyday unlike eyemakup but buy them constantly. I love everything from glosses to stains to lipstick and must have 50 total! Just brought the buxom mini set (love so far but now seems OUS and eagerly awaiting my order of 2 Marc Jacobs glosses and my first YSL volupte shine (I have many ysl glosses and stains though :smileywink:

arielaaaaaaaa

Ah i'm so going to get a Marc Jacobs Gloss! I hate Lip glosses but i must have one! 

WhereYouStand

Eyeliner...but for some reason I don't use eyeliner as much as I use eye shadow and mascara

maltipoo66

I also tend to collect a lot of lip products-mostly natural lipsticks and glosses, and red lipsticks and glosses.  But for some reason I fall in love with every rosy pink blush I see....I've had to restrain myself many times (I have to use up my YSL creme de blush #2 before I get anything else).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 94 replies
  • 155 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • kenny
    • islandqt
    • prosopon
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex
    • arielaaaaaaaa