cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I mostly add granola, @CynthieLu 🥣 after boiling the oats in milk, blackstrap molasses, sugar and a dash of vanilla 😋 budget friendly weightloss never tasted so fantastic 💖 

What’s for breakfast ? 
A yogurt bowl or smoothie bowl with apples, tangerines , bananas, strawberries and maybe some kiwi!! How about a splash of honey ? 🥣🍓🍎🍦

@gremsnpusheen Sounds delicious! I can see myself adding some chia seeds and coconut to the top of it 😋. Great breakfast idea. 

@gremsnpusheen sounds yummy.  Thank you for not posting a picture as I would be drooling LOL

Hahaha 😝 you’re welcome 😇 happens to me too much..

Honey 🍯  + yogurt is a yummy mix 🙂 That is a good breakfast! 👌 😊 @gremsnpusheen 

I love adding things to my granola bowls 🥣.  Like peanut butter, seeds and granola. Do you add anything else to yours?

A must do for me is basil or spinach.I know it’s weird but I love it 😍

This is the first time trying these- muscadine grapes. Very unusual- lots of flesh, a bit smoky, and a true grape flavor (like grape juice.)

Does anyone have a specific use for these that can make the most of their unique qualities? Thanks!

E7E3B7BE-07D3-45C7-9912-56E17F932A39.jpeg

@Ispend2much6  In Florida (and probably some other states), you can buy red, white, rosé, sparkling, and port-style (and other dessert style) wines made with muscadine grapes. I still have a few bottles from one of the wineries down there… hopefully one of them is the dessert wine, so I can find out if it’s changed much after a few years of storage. I imagine those grapes would be wonderful in a savory dish. 

@WinglessOne   You have a good idea there. Smoky seems a good match for savory in this case.

I am tempted to buy some more and make a pint of jelly.

@Ispend2much6 There is a grape association for those, here are a few recipes ncmuscadinegrape dot org/recipes/

@Samtian @Thank you how helpful!

@Ispend2much6 😮😮😮

Oooh interesting @Ispend2much6 I have never seen those before. 🤔

I can't imagine the flavour of these but I am curious to see if any of the suggestions are a hit. Let us know of you can 🍇 

@CynthieLu  I will.  I've been so lazy; I have a lot of garden produce rotting...

Interesting find @Ispend2much6! Maybe with some cream cheese and prosciutto? I feel like the creaminess of the cheese would tame the smokiness and the salt and sweet would go nicely together. 

@JoSometimes  Hmmm...I have all of those items- thanks!

@Ispend2much6 If you do end up trying it, let me know how goes. Even if it was terrible, let me know! It’ll help me sharpen my flavour profile skills.

@Ispend2much6 Interesting! I have never heard of these.

@Mellmars1185   I wonder if they would make a good salsa.  Do you happen to have any favorite fruit salsa recipes?

@Ispend2much6 That is an excellent idea. I do make a mango salsa. I add jalepeno, onion, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper to the mango. I bet you can make a great salsa with the grapes 🍇

10,829 Replies
testing