cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@CynthieLu @It was delicious 

@SportyGirly125 Mmmm one of my favorite meals!  Salmon and greens!  

@heartsmyface @It’s my favorite combo with it. Second with couscous.  

@CorgiMommy Thank you 

That looks delicious, so many beautiful flavors paired together. I hope they enjoyed it as well as you ❤️🫶 @SportyGirly125 

@peculiarzmakeup Thank you. I tried. 

@SportyGirly125 This looks ans sounda delicious. I can't get enough cilantro and lime. I love how fresh they taste!

@Mellmars1185 It was a perfect quick lunch. I

needed something I could eat fast because I had the kiddos with me.  

I'm meal prepping for the rest of the week and decided to finish up the leftovers from St. Patrick's Day lunch while things are simmering on the stove - gluten free pasta with fava bean pesto sauce, topped with burrata and chili oil. There was a corned beef dish too, but there were no leftovers of that. 

3.2024 St Patty’s Day Lunch.jpg

Recipe for the fava bean pesto sauce from the A Small Kitchen in Genoa blog - asmallkitcheningenoa(dot)com

I have never eaten anything like this dish. @itsfi This looks fantastic. 🤩 Fava beans as a sauce I can't picture but it looks good! 

@CynthieLu, here's what it look like before I add it into pasta.

Fava bean pesto.jpg

I tend to keep it this consistency or even more of a paste if I can. Then, if I want to make it into a dip for veggies or with bread, or on a crostini, I would add more olive oil and top and maybe fold in some sun dried tomatoes and sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top. It can also be used for pizza sauce or as a sauce over grilled meats, like a steak, in which case, I probably would put this in a food processor and add more olive oil, to smoothe out the texture a little more. 

Reading that made me soooo hungry. The delicious thought of this with crustini and sun-dried tomatoes. Yum!  * I adore those ,so flavourful 🤤*  I say yes to everything you're describing as ideas. @itsfi 

Awww, you're so supportive; thank you @CynthieLu! I used to cook a lot and then ... not so much. It's nice to have my kitchen back and I've been finding different ways to make use of all the new gadgets ... and to figure out which other toys I need want to pick up. 

@itsfi This is making my mouth water and giving me meal inspiration. How was it??

Awww, you're very kind to say that @Mellmars1185. It was pretty good - on its own, it needed something extra so I went with the burrata and chili oil, which added a nice texture and flavor to it. I think it would taste even better with something like proscuitto or pancetta or bacon - something with saltiness to it. Or even grilled shrimp and maybe the zest of a lemon. I did add some sauteed leeks to it one night, seasoned with basil, parsley and oregano for a little extra. If you try it or do something similar, let me know. 

@itsfi  Oh this looks delicious 😋. And a beautiful presentation that shows it off.   Thanks for the recipe location!  My husband said he will be up to trying it 💚

Yaay! You'll have to let me know how it turns out @Cissy63. If you and your husband prefer to include a protein, it goes well with grilled shrimp or salmon or pancetta or proscuitto or chicken. Any protein really. 

Wow this looks delicious! I hope you enjoyed, beautiful presentation and looks super tasty! @itsfi 💚

Awww, thank you @peculiarzmakeup. They had fava beans at the farmers' market so I picked up a bunch and then thought "what am I going to make with all these?" lol. I probably should have thought about that before ubying them. It worked out though.

It certainly did you made something so creatively beautiful 💚 @itsfi 

10,829 Replies
testing