cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Shosh85 That sounds like a great combination. I will try that next ☺️

I love your collection of hot sauces 😋 I've got a bit of envy over here lol @Mellmars1185 do you watch Hot Ones? If not you should you tube an episode, this is serious hot ones vibes 🤩 🔥 

@CynthieLu This is totally inspired by Hot Ones lol we love hot sauce at my house! Do you like hot sauce?

Thats awesome, I thought so but I wasn't sure lol the show is great eh? 😁

I really love spicy @Mellmars1185 I like hot but flavorful 🙂 I think I could handle up to The Bomb, but that one and after looks sooo painful 😅

@CynthieLu That sauce seems so scary. I don't know if I even want to try! A lot of the sauces in my line up are from the show. The spiciest one is Fiya!Fiya!. It makes my tongue tingle. 👅🔥

Oooooh cool! I'm jelly! @Mellmars1185  I haven't tried anything from the show 🤩 I have 3 heatonist sauces, but they're all Keith's from The Tri-Guys. Yummy but not that spicy. It's that where you got yours? If I was to get one, what would you reccomend? 🔥 

@CynthieLu I order mine from Amazon. You can also find the Heartbeat sauces at Indigo or Superstore. I really like the Heartbeat ones. There are so many flavours and made in small batches in Ontario. My recommendations are the two hot sauces pictured below. The first one is super tasty and has a sweet heat. The second is more spicy and has a really nice pepper flavour 🌶

Spoiler
 Screenshot_20221218-143821_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221218-143916_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Whaaaat, at Indigo? Noo way! Lol. I'm looking next time I'm there 🤩

Uugh I have principle problems with Amazon,I order direct from the companies when I can.  And in general I have rough experiences with them lol so, where was the top one from? 

@Mellmars1185 I love your endorsements, I'm going to try to get them 😍

@CynthieLu  I totally understand. I purchased the top one from Amazon. However you can purchase it directly from the companies website 😊

Oh man … looks good and plenty choices of hot sauces @Mellmars1185. 👍👌🤩

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! We use them from mild to hot while watching a popular show with hot wings and sauces 

Made some Christmas cookies and tried piping icing for the first time, with varying degrees of success. They still taste pretty good, though!

20221216_015610.jpg

@makeitup305They are beautiful!  Good job!

@makeitup305 ,

Nice Christmas variety and your cookies show a definite decorative flair!  I'll bet they are delicious! 

@makeitup305 I'm impressed!  Mine always coming out looking like a five-year-old did them 🤣.

@CookieGirl1 my kitchen definitely looked like a 5 year old was given free rein by the time I was done 😅

@makeitup305  Oh my gosh, these look amazing and so delicious! Especially love the Santa ones! Great job! 😍

@Shosh85 thank you! I think Santa turned out the best, followed by 1 or 2 Rudolphs.

@makeitup305, oooh, cookies!! These look delicious! 🤤 Your piping work looks good! 

Thanks @itsfi ! I need a bit of practice but that just means more cookies so win-win!

@makeitup305, absolutely! Practice makes perfect! Don’t feel you need to stop after Christmas either! 😆 

10,829 Replies
testing