cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Perfect comfort food, @AznAngelLiz.

@AznAngelLiz ,

Yum!  That looks so good! 

Oh, wow!!! @AznAngelLiz 

@AznAngelLiz That looks amazing and flavourful.

Wow that looks so good @AznAngelLiz !!! 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Yum! @AznAngelLiz 

So over the next few weeks I am challenging myself to build recipes around the obscene number of obscure condiments taking up real estate in the fridge.  No one needs twenty types of jam/ preserves or nine kinds of mustard (but I want to try everything always)

Tonight I am starting with researching recipes for using up pear chutney.  The internet MUST have ideas for me besides the obvious toast and jam or using it as a brie topper.  Glazed chicken perhaps?  

I'm thinking as a glaze but what did you decide on @heartsmyface ?

Nice challenge! I almost bought some tapenade at the store yesterday and then told myself NO, NOT  YOU EAT SOME OF WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE! I’m obsessed with various bruschetta mixes and pestos! @heartsmyface 

Pear and pork match really well, and if you sprinkle a little blue cheese on top it is even better @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface All great ideas! I think a marinade and a brie topper is a great idea. Are you having a cheese tray soon? Do you think it would be a nice addition to a home made salad dressing?

Today I prepared a chicken and vegetables soup using chicken broth that I prepared by boiling the whole roasted chicken leftovers. It was delicious!

173F98F6-8FF6-47F5-98D9-08090F053044.jpeg8D2C4E8D-4A7D-4256-A542-8D9C4D704A00.jpeg

So delicious! I love making homemade soup and freeze some! @Saradestin

That’s exactly what I have done @sister13 😄. As I hate cooking so much, I always cook more so I can freeze and have an extra meal to use later on. 

@Saradestin That looks absolutely delicious. 

Thank you so much @AznAngelLiz ! It was delicious 

@Saradestin My mouth is watering. That looks so delicious, hearty and healthy.

It looked and tasted so good! I was really pleased with the results @Mellmars1185 ! 

@Saradestin  Fresh chicken soup (day 3) is one of my favourites!!!   is there anything more comforting  (besides a bowl of Chili) ?  I think not. 

I agree with you @heartsmyface ! Specially in winter! It warms you up from within.

@Saradestin ,

Your chicken soup looks homemade delicious!  The very best kind!

10,864 Replies
testing