cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@JoSometimes Thanks! More for tacos this week I guess. I think it would be yummy with some sort of fish tacos. It will have more flavour too from sitting for a few days.

Okie we have lots of Nectarines at the moment so nectarine salsa 😘 We are growing Serrano and tomatoes too but they’re not ready yet. Only Nectarines and lemon are from our backyard 😘

IMG_9685.jpeg
Put our nectarine 🍑 picture here just because we have pretty fruit this year 😂🤣

IMG_9679.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 @It looks so yummy. 

Your so kind to share your recipe on the comments @blackkitty2014, Thank you!

This dish looks delish. 🧡 I think it's so awesome you can grow them in your backyard! 😃

Thx you @CynthieLu @SportyGirly125 🌹♥️

I've never had nectarine salsa before, @blackkitty2014, but it sounds INCREDIBLE.  I love nectarines and peaches and I'm so jealous that you have homegrown fresh ones!  I'm coming over 😉.

Yay @CookieGirl1 . It’s pretty good. My husband said he likes it more than mango salsa. For me it’s a tie. I love everything with mango in it. Try to convince my husband to grow one but he said the soil here is not suitable for mango. Boo 👻 😘

@blackkitty2014 Your salsa looks and sounds delicious! There is nothing quite like seasonal produce. I made a mango salsa yesterday.

Should I say you inspired me to make this nectarine salsa @Mellmars1185 🌹😘♥️

@blackkitty2014 That would be the ultimate compliment! 🥰

@blackkitty2014 Wow! I’d never have thought to put nectarines in salsa. Would you mind sharing the recipe? And I love that it came from your backyard!

@JoSometimes Here it is: 2 nectarines, 1 tomato, a third of yellow onion, couple teaspoons of lime/lemon juice. About half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper and spinkle a little bit of sugar. Depend on what you like, I would amp up by putting more lemon juice or sugar or salt or Serrano pepper. I purposely choose the nectarine a bit hard do they don’t turn mushy when chop and that was it. I made a portion half of what I had in the picture there and my husband devoured it within couple min. That was my 2nd batch. Hope you like it.

Thank you @blackkitty2014! Nectarine season is end of July to beginning of September for us here. I’ll give it a try when I can get my hands on some! 😊

@blackkitty2014 ,

Your nectarine and your nectarine Salsa are beautiful!  I'm amazed that your Nectarines are ripe!

Thx you @tsavorite 🌹

Thank you for giving us your recipe, @blackkitty2014 !

@blackkitty2014 that salad looks good.  And your nectarines look yummy

Thx you @CorgiMommy 🌹

Sushi night

IMG_0020.jpeg

Yesss, love a good sushi night, @SportyGirly125

This looks great @SportyGirly125. Sushi is sooo good! 🙂

10,829 Replies