cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

The description thou @Mellmars1185 it sounds very scrumptious. 🤩

@CynthieLu Thank you. I decided I need to eat more veggies after indulging over the holidays.

Friends, this is what five pounds of sloppy joes looks like.  If you lived here and saw the massive amounts of filling my skinny guys put on their sandwiches, you would understand. 😂

This is my favorite of my experimental recipes I've tried: one can of Aldi Sloppy Joe sauce, two jars of chili sauce, one bottle of smokey bbq sauce, one half cup of brown sugar, two onions, two red peppers, and a few glugs of Cholula sauce.

And fancy toasted buns!And fancy toasted buns!

@Ispend2much6 ,   

Sloppy Joes are a real favorite at our house, too!  Not 5 lbs., though!

The meat freezes well! @tsavorite 

This is such a classic and so yummy @Ispend2much6 🙂 we ate these so much growing up.  It's a family pleasing meal and so tasty. Yum!

@CynthieLu  Definitely family food!  Growing up we didn't have this much, but lots of spaghetti and sloppy joe-type sandwiches made with ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and cheese- basically pizza burgers.

Can I come over @Ispend2much6 😂🤣? I’m hungry just looking at the pictures 👍

@blackkitty2014  Sure- we have plenty! I'll even toast some buns for you and make more potatoes. 💕

@Ispend2much6 Looks and sounds delicious! You are right - we do have similar taste in food. My fiance makes this and it is SO good. And a fancy bun just makes it perfect 🥰. I know your family loved this one!

@Mellmars1185  How does your fiance make his?  I also roasted yellow potatoes with olive oil and spicy seasoned salt.  I'm ashamed to say I had 1- 1/2 sandwiches!

@Ispend2much6 I am not sure of the exact recipe but i know he slow cooks onions in butter. The sauce he makes consists of some ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, Worcester sauce, a bit of garlic and i think a bit of vinegar? Sometimes he will added green peppers since i like veggies in my meals. He has gotten really good at it over the years. I wish i knew his recipe...however this is one of the meals he cooks so I like that he makes it. Sometimes we eat 1 and a half each also 😋

Sounds perfect!  My MIL used to make the best sloppy joes when my husband and I were dating.  I have never been able to duplicate it, even though I have the recipe.  That was years ago, and I wonder if, somehow, the ground beef was different.  That might sound weird, but that's the only variable I can think of.

@Ispend2much6  Oh yum! I love a good sloppy joe! This mixture of ingredients sounds so good! 😋

@Shosh85   It took me until just before my kids are ready to leave home to figure this recipe out. lol  It'll still make good care packages, whichever one/s live close by.

I love Thai Express's Pad Sew Eew sooo I tried to make a version of it at home last night.

I definitely got the sauce was wrong 😅 it wasn't terrible but not amazing like thiers. I'll try again sometime. After I look at a ton of recipes to see how I can make a yummy sauce 🥰

MTXX_MH20230105081653158.jpg

Yummy @CynthieLu 👍

Thank you @blackkitty2014 😀

@CynthieLu Looks and sounds yummy. I really enjoy noodles with veggies and a yummy Asian style sauce. 

I love it too🥰 those dishes are so flavourful and yummy, hopefully I can get a bit closer to the taste 😆

But oooh @Mellmars1185 look what I found while I was getting groceries 🤩

MTXX_MH20230105193518333.jpg

I need to look this up @CynthieLu @Mellmars1185 Edit: I found it at a local store 😘

10,864 Replies
testing