cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@blackkitty2014. It seems as though the recipe calls for crazy amounts of salt and oregano but it's perfect.

This looks liked healthier version of lasagna @Ispend2much6 and so delicious too. I love lasagna but need to try healthier version of it 😘

@Ispend2much6 This looks ooey-gooey and delicious!

Too bad the veggies are nearing their end. There’s always next year!

@JoSometimes @It was darn good!😂

@Ispend2much6 Look and sounds delicious. There is something sad about the garden coming to an end. However, fall is my favourite season. Did you use up all of your garden produce?

@Mellmars1185  I love fall too!  This year I ended up throwing away a lot of eggplant.  They're still going strong though so I can be more organized and use them.  I only make two dishes with the eggplant, both Italian recipes and full of tomato sauce, so I probably should branch out and try something new.

@Ispend2much6 Babaganoush sounds really easy. I have yet to make it. It seems pretty easy 😊 🍆

Marinated chicken thighs and corn

1000004834.jpg

My neighbour was kind enough to give us some herbs and veggies from her garden. I used them to make a marinade for the chicken and made the chicken in the air fryer. We made the corn in the oven. It cooks nice that way in the husk. Unfortunately, this batch of corn was not the greatest. 

Recipe for marinade in spoiler:

Spoiler
Two different kinds of thyme
Celery
Oregano
Rosemary 
Hot peppers
Green Onion
I put in a little olive oil to help blend it all together
1000004806.jpg

**EDIT - I forgot to mention I drizzled some local honey on the spicy chicken thighs and it balanced out nicely 

This looks so tasty @Mellmars1185! 😋 Mmmm, honey over the chicken adds such a delicious touch and is great way to balance and complement the spicy! 🍯 🌶️ 

@itsfi Thank you! You are right. Why did I wait this long to try it out? 🍯🌶

@Mellmars1185, there was a lunch spot I’d go to occasionally for work lunches that served a delicious fried chicken and they had as an add on, an option to have truffles honey drizzled table side over the fried chicken. 😍

@Mellmars1185 I love that this meal was made with plenty of locally grown ingredients. It sounds delicious!

@JoSometimes Thank you very much!!

@Mellmars1185 @It looked like you had grilled the chicken! I’m going to have to try to that!

@Ispend2much6 Thank you! It passed the taste test from my family.

Breakfast:

• Overnight Oats & Decaf Coffee

Lunch:

• Chicken Biryani w/Chickpeas

Dinner:

• Hotdogs & Pineapple 🍍😋 

@missaa8 Sounds like an amazing day of food!

Detox meals, @JoSometimes 🍽

@missaa8 Everything sounds delicious. I love hotdogs in the summer time.

They're considered a delicacy in some places, @Mellmars1185 🌭

Tell me more about your Overnight Oats @missaa8. What do you add to yours? I love how creative and simple a dish it can be 😄

10,829 Replies
testing