cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6 There are plenty of leftovers!!

Cooking for one is sometimes fun!

• Grilled cheese with jalapeños gifted from my neighbour
  • Homemade tomato soup with tomatoes gifted from neighbour

1000005009.jpg

1000005008.jpg

@Mellmars1185 Mmmmmm niiiice!!!!  Were they growing them?   I grew two habanero plants and it is INSANE how many peppers I have right now!  Do people freeze dry them or freeze them?  I absolutely cannot eat so many fresh ones.   

@heartsmyface Thank you! From personal experience we froze some peppers we grew last year. We thawed them and made a hot sauce from them. I agree - unless you are batch cooking, it is difficult to use them all.

@Mellmars1185  My plan was salsa but making hot sauce sounds like a very good idea!  Yeah they’re headed for the freezer.  I don’t need crisp texture for what I want them for. 

@Mellmars1185 one of my favorite combinations,  grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Yum

@CorgiMommy It was definitely comfort food 🍅🥣

You made some delicious items with your gifted veggies @Mellmars1185 Wow! Your meal looks auh-mazing!! 😍

@CynthieLu Thank you soo much. I feel very lucky to have such a generous neighbor. I have some more tomatoes. I am thinking or making a tomato sauce which I have not done before.

Boy does that look delicious @Mellmars1185 . Smart use of those fresh tomatoes too! 

@Sunnysmom Thank you. We are going to have it for dinner tonight also 😁. I am excited for my fiancée to try it.

We may need your recipe @Mellmars1185 ! 🥰 I have some leftovers from our little plants and I’m game to try! 😋

@Sunnysmom I am happy to share! I will send it to you.

Thank you so so much @Mellmars1185 ! 😘

Ohhhh, classic comfort food! Love this @Mellmars1185. Grilled cheese with jalepenos ~ I've never thought of including jalepeno (not sure why) but that looks delish!

@itsfi Thank you! It only occured to me because I didn't want to be wasteful. I am glad I tried it 😊💚

Oooh I like this twist @Mellmars1185 . I’ll make that for the hubby next time 😘

@blackkitty2014 I hope he likes it! It was a game changer for me 😁

@Mellmars1185 that soup looks amazing!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you. It was my first time making a tomato soup. It was easy and tasty 😊

Gluten-free mochi waffles with the last of the farmers' market berries and a side of maple syrup.

Mochi Waffles.jpg

10,864 Replies
testing