cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@itsfi  Oh my gosh I LOVE capers!  This looks so flavourful!   Also, I’ve missed you! 🥹

Same, @heartsmyface, saaaaame!!! Have missed you tons! 🤗 Will be on the lookout for you next week! 

Okay, capers. What do you use them on? I've been delving into them, beyond pairing them with lox. I saw a halibut and capers recipe that I want to try one of these days. 

Oh my goodness you forgot to invite me over @itsfi 😂🤣 Look soooo 👍 good

Awww, you're too kind @blackkitty2014; thank you! You have an open invitation! I definitely want to try the pasta with their sauce now. Oh, I want to try all their offerings now. 😀 Wouldn't be a good idea to do that too often though, so it'll be a nice treat for another time.

@itsfi This dish looks beautiful. I have never tried salt cod before. I remember when I used to work at the grocery store it would sell very quickly. I need to try it soon. I hope you had some time to relax and enjoy 😊

Thank you @Mellmars1185! I had dinner while catching up on an episode of Only Murders in the Building and then did some work after. It was a nice break. If you try salt cod, please let me know how you like it and how you prepared it. 

That's so good looking! @itsfi 🤩 I hope you can get your hands on thier sauce. I really admire you going for it and tackling the recipe. It looks and sounds delicious 😊

I'm really interested in trying out their sauce and seeing or trying to figure out what they put in theirs, to see how it compares @CynthieLu; thank you - I was so curious about the sauce. I'm thinking I missed some spices in mine and I'm sure their tuna was of higher quality than what I used. Stay tuned; it'll be a question of when, not if, I get my hands on their sauce. Question though, is whether I try another pasta or see if I can another pack of the salt cod ravioli - I was told they only have it available if there was extra from the batch they made for in person dining the night before. It's the food version of limited edition. 😂 

@itsfi  How scrumptious! I love salt cod. We soak it, bread, and pan fry it at Christmas and it has such a buttery flavor and texture.

@Ispend2much6, I've only had salt cod one other time, in a Portuguese stew, so I was intrigued to see it in pasta. It was delicious. 

Lunch today. I had sautéed mushrooms and spinach and packed them with roasted peppers in wax paper bags to have ready to increase my veggie consumption. I can’t eat raw veggies, except for a few, sobI’m thinking this will be a tremendous help.

50E01C51-0FF5-4C03-8C89-B9CA1103CE7C.jpeg

@Ispend2much6  Mmmm, eggs and veggies make the best meals!  Ouh yeah I don’t like raw veggies as much as cooked so I steam up a bunch of cauliflower, brocoli and carrots to throw in everything throughout the week.  They also make a gray meal just by melting cheese on top;)    

@heartsmyface @Great idea to steam!

@Ispend2much6 ,

That meal looks delicious.  I like to find something to help eggs look this good.

@tsavorite  Eggs are the little black dress of protein.😊

@Ispend2much6 ,

So true!  We should treat chickens much better, out of gratitude!

Yummy! Eggs are soo good, you can add some many different things too make them tasty. 😊 Your dish looks scrumptious! @Ispend2much6 great idea to increase your veggie consumption too. 🍽

@Ispend2much6 This meal looks healthy and delicious!

@Mellmars1185   Thanks!   Soft boiled or fried egg on an avocado with veggies is also good; got that idea courtesy of @heartsmyface .

@Ispend2much6  Mmmmmm, one of my favourite things to eat:). 

There was a fair in town, we picked up an Oreo themed Funnel Cake for my kiddo ( and me 😋) to share. You only live once. 🩷 Yum!!

PXL_20230915_202752582.jpg

10,864 Replies
testing