cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@CorgiMommy  Thank you!  It's a dangerous, "picking" food.  Can't stop picking at it. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 And a yummy maple dessert?? Staaawp I'm so jelly😉

How do you make this one? Sugar maple squares sound real good to me 👌

@CynthieLu   Lol.  I used maple marshmallows from Trader Joe's.  That's the only difference between that and the regular Rice Krispy treats recipe.  And I added extra salt.  But, I had to use 6 bags of those marshmallows, at $2.99 apiece.  There has to be a better way!

Did a little research.  These marshmallows didn't melt well because they are a vegan formulation and don't contain corn syrup or eggs.  The TJ's ones contain maple syrup, so I wonder if taking a recipe for marshmallows and subbing some or all of the corn syrup with maple syrup would work?  And, maple flavoring, which these also have.

There is actually a brand of maple marshmallows available in Canada!  It's the President's Choice brand.

Oooh oookay @Ispend2much6 Thank you!

I have tried the maple syrup marshmallows by PC, both me and my kiddo did not enjoy them. I think I could use Maple Syrup in recipe with regular marshmallows and get similiar results? Maybe add it to the melted butter and melt the marshmallows in that?? Hum...

Yeah, honestly the Pres Choice ones were pretty awful 😅 at least in our house 🏠💗

@CynthieLu   Oops I wasn't clear.  Maple syrup instead of corn syrup would only work if you used it to make marshmallows from scratch. Homemade marshmallows are actually much softer than commercial ones and melt easily. 

But I do wonder if you could use maple syrup when you melt the marshmallows.  I have seen recipes making these with marshmallow fluff too, and the syrup would combine easily with that.

I think we have some experimenting to do!

Lunch- Trader Joe’s pumpkin gnocchi with browned butter sage sauce.

C8A495F0-8EC5-48D9-860D-B8793BCCF965.jpeg

Trader Joe’s has some great prepackaged foods @Ispend2much6, especially their pastas. 😋 

If we had a TJ's here, this is definitely something I would try. @Ispend2much6 this looks soooo fantastic. Gnocchi is so yummy!

@CynthieLu   Have you ever made gnocchi from scratch?  There are a lot of recipes available for this (I've only made regular ones.)

The strangest thing about making gnocchi for me is: if the dough has a hard time staying together, it needs more flour.  I've ruined many batches by adding more water!

@Ispend2much6 This..... looks amazing!  Must add to my Trader Joe's list!

@missjeanie   It's a seasonal, refrigerated item so I hope you can make a TJ's run soon!

@Ispend2much6 me too!!! hopefully before Christmas... but I'll still curate a list of TJ loves I want to try!  Never know for next year!

Mmm sounds tasty @Ispend2much6 . I haven't had brown butter sage since last year. Now I am craving it. I used to put it on pasta from a local farmers market.

@Mellmars1185   That's a great idea!  My son is home for a few days so I will probably be on here a lot lately.

@Ispend2much6 I had that too a few nights ago.  Not bad

I’m glad you enjoyed it! This was the first time we’ve had it and liked it a lot. @CorgiMommy 

Oh my stars @Ispend2much6 their sweet potato gnocchi is one of my very fav things in life!! Is this better?! 😍

@Sunnysmom  I like that one too but this is even better! I followed the directions and only boiled the gnocchi 2-3minutes and it turned out well.

Matzoh ball soup. 

C01E89E0-82FD-4B44-BC8A-1DD2AAB0477A.jpeg

I love matzoh ball soup; it’s one of my favorite comfort foods @Ispend2much6! 🥣 

@itsfi  It's easy to love any dumpling. 🙂

10,864 Replies
testing