cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Sunnysmom, I enjoy their consistency. Are you familiar with them?

Nope not at all! They sound like something I would love tho! Gonna look them up! 

@missaa8 @I have. 

@SportyGirly125, do you get them in small batches, too?

@missaa8 @My Mom gets them from the Asian grocery store. They come in packs. 

@SportyGirly125, I would imagine the Asian marts are even less expensive than the regular stores.

@missaa8 @They are definitely cheaper. Not as clean as American grocery stores but I grew up going to Asian grocery stores. My husband got use to them. 

@SportyGirly125, they are charming areas.

@missaa8  these look amazing do you make them or is there somewhere you buy them?! I’ve never heard of these sounds delicious!

@missaa8  Sweet potato noodles are one of my pantry staples because I make a big batch of japchae at least once a month. Is this your first time using sweet potato noodles?

@WinglessOne, this is my first time seeing them at a non-asian grocery store...for less than $2!

@missaa8  That’s a good deal! They’re hard to find where I am unless I visit an Asian grocery store. I think I’ve seen them in only one non-Asian grocery… it was one of those “upscale” boutique markets. I don’t recall how much they charged for them, but the price was too crazy for me to buy from them when I knew I could just go to an Asian grocery or order online. 😂

Oh wait, Cost Plus World Market also used to sell sweet potato noodles; not sure if they still do. I haven’t been in that store since The Before Times. 

@WinglessOne, 100g one serving size for this brand:

1707447777878715841125849443778.jpg

@peculiarzmakeup, it's my first time trying these. I highly recommend!

@missaa8 

amazing! Thanks for sharing it looks so tasty!

@peculiarzmakeup, you're more than welcome to share 'what's on your plate' with this community, as well.

@missaa8 
thank you, I did yesterday, it’s really cool to see everyone’s unique tastes 😊

@peculiarzmakeup, I agree.

@WinglessOne, The Before Times is literally Iconic.

@missaa8 I have not tried them before. They look tasty.Is the sauce made from sweet potato?

@Mellmars1185, I boiled the noodles in a quick, homemade red chili sauce and leftover beef bouillon broth.

10,829 Replies
testing