cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Honey walnut shrimp - could’ve used a little more sauce but it was my first time making it so I wasn’t sure how much to make/use. It was still pretty good, not too sweet and the candied walnuts provided the perfect crunch. 

968F34BF-7EA8-4F35-AC67-943398EF785D.jpeg

@AznAngelLiz 🤤 seriously 

Thanks @lmaster It was pretty good for my first try

I would have never thought to combine those two together. Thank you for the idea! @AznAngelLiz 

@JoSometimes Oh you don't have a Panda Express up there? It's a copycat recipe of one of their famous dishes.

There are only a handful of locations in Canada @AznAngelLiz. I know it’s much more popular where you are. I just checked and saw that there is a location close to work. I might check it out in the future. 

Yum!

@AznAngelLiz That sounds and looks absolutely delicious!

@Mellmars1185 Thanks! It was not too sweet, which is why I don't particularly like the Panda Express version.

Can you give me an easy version of your recipe please @AznAngelLiz 😋

I'll DM you the recipe @blackkitty2014 

Thx you so so much @AznAngelLiz 🌹

Roasted veggies and couscous with with chicken breasts. I squeezed some lemon on top 🍋

20230417_190643.jpg

Mmm… I like couscous as a rice alternative. It pairs well with almost anything and so easy to make. It also reminds me of an old cartoon from when I was a kid. 

that looks delicious, enjoy

It even LOOKS pretty, @Mellmars1185.

@CookieGirl1 Why thank you 😊

Ooooh my gosh I have used those plates! @Mellmars1185 small world! *mind blown* my In-laws have them 😄

That is a yummy fresh and healthy looking dinner 🍽  enjoy! 💗

@CynthieLu Thanks! Rhe plates belonged to my fiancée before we got together. I thinkbthey were his parents old plates. I want to get new plates and have them all match...but i haven't had any issues with the ones i have. I don't love them but i dont mind them either lol

I know what you mean,  I have had quite few inherited dishes 😉

Recently we did get a simple all white dish set. Heavily influenced by my sister who felt our old plates from the 70's had to go lol

A1B3B848-0015-40A3-BA2F-DE5DA88D3642.jpeg

Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pizza)! It actually has very little in connection with pizza other than the shape. It’s basically a savoury cabbage pancake with whatever protein toppings and sauce on top. I went with enoki mushrooms, leeks,  marinated beef, and bacon. It’s a bit tedious to make but they’re always a hit whenever guests come over. 

10,864 Replies
testing