cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@lylysa Mmm comfort food and thunderstorms. That looks and so absolutely delicious. 

Went out to pick berries 😍 we got sooo many we will be eating them for weeks 😅

20230726_170610.jpg

20230726_173849.jpg

But they are sooo delicious fresh 😁

Mmmm, fresh blueberries! One of my favorite fruits @CynthieLu

@CynthieLu ,

Your blueberries look beautiful!  Wonderful harvest!  I would freeze most of them them, also.

@CynthieLu Ohhhh, those look SO yummy!!!!  I love blueberries (but I like to eat them frozen).

Yum. We freeze them too @CookieGirl1 🙂💙  

You have so many @CynthieLu! The last time I took my girls to pick blueberries, we came home with barely anything. My kids ate them all as we walked between bushes picking them! Good thing it was a flat rate 😅

We ate sooo many along the way 😅 @JoSometimes 

@CynthieLu @These pix make me so happy! Great memories.

Fond memories are so special @Ispend2much6 💖 

It was a fun time and the bushes were so full. I used to go picking them wild with my grandparents, up north they have sooo many good places for blueberries. 😄

@CynthieLu let us know what you are going to make with all those berries

Right now it's snacks and they freeze pretty ok, but I'm thinking muffins, @CorgiMommy and compote 😃

@CynthieLu The blueberries look so fresh and delicious 🫐. There is nothing like fresh produce.

Yes to that,  fresh produce is the most tasty and it lasts soo much longer 🙂 @Mellmars1185 

I heard that keeping strawberries in a sealed glass container helps them last up to two weeks. I don't know if that works for blueberries also? @CynthieLu 

When they are fresh picked by hand I find blueberries can last up 3 weeks or more in the fridge. (It's important none are squishy or going bad, after you wash them just make sure they are 100% dry before you package them.)  I use sealed tupperware.  Dry berries do much better and I sperate the ones to can tell need to eaten first @Mellmars1185 

Strawberries don't stay as long but yeah just make sure they are dry and take out them ones getting ripe to fast so they don't spoil the others 😉

I made rainbow trout and some fresh local corn

20230731_185221.jpg

20230731_185231.jpg

Delicious @Mellmars1185. I love fish!

Two of my favorite things to eat, @Mellmars1185 ! Yum!

@Mellmars1185 yum.  I haven't had trout since I was a kid!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you!

10,864 Replies
testing