cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

You are so kind, thank you @blackkitty2014 ! 😊

Ooh kaaay I'm so hungry over here, your bagels look scrumptious! 🍞 🧅 Everything seasoning is sooo tasty 🤤

thank you!! @CynthieLu I went so long not trying it, now to make up for lost time! 😂 🥯

@bakeamuffin They are beautiful!

Thank you @Ispend2much6 ! 😄 I was really happy with how fluffy they turned out. I’ve never been to New York but this is how big I imagine the NYC bagels to be 😂 

@bakeamuffin how fun, I have never tried making bagels.

@CorgiMommy They are a fun one to bake! A nice change from doing loafs ☺️

@bakeamuffin Whoa, those look amazing!  It's been a minute since I made bagels but they never looked that good 😅

@CookieGirl1 Aren't they such a nice treat?!

I used the bagel recipe from the site sallys baking addiction, I hope that helps! 

@bakeamuffin I've used a lot of recipes from that site and they're nearly always really good.

I love delicata squash but don’t love cutting it.

I experimented with baking by cutting into halves, wrapping in foil, and baking at 350. It worked!

One batch was cooked only until soft so it has a milder flavor. The second batch was cooked longer and has a caramelized flavor and is sooo good!

9EC6BF58-7A5C-45F9-B896-F2604876849F.jpeg

Squash on right was cooked longer.

@Ispend2much6 I also hate trying to cut raw squash so I've gotten into the habit of microwaving it until it's soft enough to cut and then I bake it as needed to get that "caramelized" effect.  Maybe it's cheating but it's a LOT easier.

@CookieGirl1. I never thought of using the microwave- thanks! Definitely not cheating!

I have an extra wide veggie peeler that I bought specifically for peeling butternut squash. The squash is much easier to peel then and surprisingly so.

Are you roasting and salting your squash seeds? They're easier to eat and digest than pumpkin seeds.

@Ispend2much6 I've used the microwave trick for butternut, spaghetti, and acorn squash and it's worked perfectly for those.  I actually do spaghetti squash entirely in the microwave.  As for the seeds, I actually don't really love squash seeds, sadly.

Mmmm… carmelized squash! Yum! @Ispend2much6 

Yum, @ispend2much , I love squash!

@CookieGirl1  There’s so much to love about fall!

Squash is soo underrated @Ispend2much6 caramelized is my favorite way you eat it too.👌 That tasted fantastic I bet. 😊 Yuuuumm. Have you ever tried this method, you start by cutting it in half, then standing them in a pan with about an inch of water and then baking them? I think the way your doing it looks less messy and more delicious thou 😜

@CynthieLu  I think I tried something similar with butternut squash. I cut the ends off and steamed it in an Instant Pot. 

That was clever @Ispend2much6 ! 

@bakeamuffin  I was desperate!

10,864 Replies
testing