cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@CookieGirl1 Thank you so much!

@Mellmars1185 Mmmm those chickpeas look good!!  When ever I feel a salad is missing something I add pumpkin seeds ;). Nuts are also a nice option, but I think it looks delicious as is! 

@heartsmyface Thank you! I was pleased with how they turned out. Just a littke bit of olive oil and seasoning ☺️

@Mellmars1185 Oooh, this looks delicious all on it's own! ❤️ Since you were missing a crunch, I think an addition of cucumbers sounds fantastic with the tahini dressing mixed in!

@QueenMarceline Thank you 😊🙏

Mmmm, this looks good @Mellmars1185! Something missing? Are you thinking a flavor missing or needing another ingredient or something more substantive to the salad?

@itsfi I believe I was missing a little bit of crunchy texture and a tiny bit of flavour. I am thinking some nuts, cucumbers and possibly some carrot ribbons woulr be a nice added touch?

@Mellmars1185  Ouh yeah or some shredded cabbage!  

Oooh, those additions sound yummy @Mellmars1185! For a kick, maybe some red chili flakes or a drizzle of chili oil. 

@itsfi YES 🔥🌶 🔥

@Mellmars1185 I love your response to at @itsfi’s suggestion of a little heat! We can all be food friends. 🌶🔥

@JoSometimes @Mellmars1185 @itsfi   just a little heat for me.  I like the heat to come as flavour and not pain. 

@heartsmyface @Mellmars1185 @itsfi

In my old age, I agree with @heartsmyface. I like flavour, not pain. Back in high school though, we used to have contests to see who could make their pho broth the red-est. 🥵🌶

@JoSometimes I am sure we could definitely agree on menu items 😋 @itsfi 

@Mellmars1185 @JoSometimes, and the best part, besides the company, of course, we can learn and discover from one another (among other things) all the different hot sauces we love! 🌶🔥 

@Mellmars1185 looks yummy 

@CorgiMommy Thank you! It was my first time trying this recipe.

@Mellmars1185  Where do you get your salad recipes?  I rarely follow recipes for salads but then I end up in food ruts.  

I found this one on google @heartsmyface. I searched kale salad and was one of the first salads to pop up. I also have some cook books. I will come back and name a few that have some good salad recipes. Sometimes when I make a salad I wing and pull inspiration from my past salads and hse what is in my fridge.

The rain started coming down late this afternoon. Decided it would be a good idea to make some soup. Creamy Roasted Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Soup, to be exact. 

Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup.jpeg

Followed the recipe for "Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup" from cookieandkate (dot) com, but added some butternut squash and used tapioca flour to thicken it a little bit. 

@itsfi ,

That soup looks so perfect for a cool and rainy afternoon!  Soup is one of the best things about Autumn and Winter!

10,864 Replies
testing