cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

On New Years Day we did a turkey with all of the sides

20230101_165753.jpg

@Mellmars1185 ,

This looks so delicious!  Classic!

@Mellmars1185  Oh my gosh this looks so good - it's making me super hungry! 🤤

Yummy yummy yummy! That is a great looking feast @Mellmars1185 I'm to hungry to be in this thread right now, that looks sooo good!

@Mellmars1185That looks irresistible!  And a good idea!

Thank you @Ispend2much6 . They made for great leftovers too. I am a big fan of turkey sandwiches. I like mine with mayo, turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. 

@Mellmars1185  Yum!  We really like turkey salad sandwiches with cranberry sauce- that's almost a twin to your delicious sounding sandwich.

I had been craving Chicken Piccata, so I made some! It was delicious, if I do say so myself. And my husband doesn’t really like it (he’s nuts!) so I had it to myself, and got to eat it for several days of leftovers! So lemony, buttery and salty! 1st Pic in progress and 2nd is the finished product!
CBA82DAB-9F19-47B2-B820-A0DDE187BC16.jpeg0A322AE4-C5A2-40F8-8E1E-0568B9F56931.jpeg

@sister13 ,

This is so beautiful, even before you put it all together!  I love seeing the lemon slices floating in butter!  

Thank you! It did turn out nicely! @tsavorite 

@sister13 This looks amazing. I have never tried chicken piccata before. I also need more ideas to use capers! Congratulations on your Boss III ranking btw!! 🥳🎉

Yes, any vehicle for butter and capers has to be good! It’s really simple but impactful and flavorful I think!! @Mellmars1185 

Oh and THANKS! That took an eternity to get from Boss. II to III!

@sister13  Oh my gosh, YUM! That looks soooo good! .... even better that you get it all to yourself! 😋

Thank you! I hadn’t made it so long, I’ll have to make it again soon! @Shosh85 

@sister13  Yum!!!  I have trouble getting the right amount of lemon juice in this. lol  I should try it again.

I probably add more than normal, but I think the real trick is balancing it with tons of butter! I also do a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan (then let it cook off a bit), though I’m not sure that’s traditional.  I also like to let the lemon slices cook in a bit and get soft. @Ispend2much6 

@sister13   Sounds like a plan!  Maybe wine is a good addition if my lemons aren't very tart.

@sister13 that looks fabulous 👌 👏 yummy! And I guess all the more for you 🤩 enjoy it girl!

Haha thanks! @CynthieLu 

@sister13 You’re proving yourself to be fantastic in the kitchen, this looks outstanding! Your husband is missing out but who can complain when that means more for you?! 

Thanks! He has really sensitive nose and palette, and he doesn’t like too much lime or lemon. I could make a version for him that’s less lemony (or he sometimes has the plain pan fried chicken without sauce) but he had some other leftovers so he was happy! @bakeamuffin 

10,864 Replies
testing