cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6 It’s one of the hardest parts of getting omurice right and one of the rare times where I succeeded.

I have two friends who went to culinary school and both told me that eggs are one of the hardest things to learn. 

@JoSometimes That sounds really cool! I'm gonna have to look it up on Youtube. 

@Samtian It’s so fun watching it unzip itself into the rice. And they do this with chopsticks! 🤯

@JoSometimes It was pretty cool to watch! Happens so fast lol.

Mmm @JoSometimes sounds delicious. I want to make this and add avacodo in between the egg and rice. Lately I have been putting them on everything. I have not tried tonkatsu sauce yet. Is it more sweet or savory?

@Mellmars1185 Avacado is an amazing idea! I have a hard time getting through a bag of them though. They all ripen at the same time and some end up overripe and wasted. Tonkatsu sauce has a hint of sweetness but definitely means more towards the savoury side. I would say it’s like a mild barbecue sauce without the tartness.

@Samtian The real question is: why not? 😉

@JoSometimes @Mellmars1185 Yuckycados are an abomination and belong in the dirt whence they came from. 

@Samtian @Mellmars1185 I had no idea avocados were so controversial! 😆

@JoSometimes Hahaha! There are 2 teams, Team Yuckycado and Team AvocaDO. 

@Samtian @JoSometimes Lol @ Yuckycado. What about Yummycado? My son calls them ava-ka-dos lol

@JoSometimes I hear you with the avacodos. I put mine in the fridge and it helps them last longer. Sometimes I will buy the Caribbean avacodos from a local grocery store. They are much bigger and i think I get about 3 times the amount of the smaller ones. The sauce sounds tasty.

@Mellmars1185 😐🤢🥑 why though? lol.

Because it’s an avocaDO @Samtian! 🥑 Hahaha! 🤣 

@Samtian Not a fan? Somehow I got my whole family to love them. I cut them very thin.

Unstuffed cabbage casserole with mashed potatoes. This is my husband’s plate. I hope there are leftovers so I don’t have to cook tomorrow.

47B5EFC7-B683-4063-A070-614CEE4ECC02.jpeg

Your mashed potatoes look picture perfect @Ispend2much6; beautifully whipped and decadently buttery. 

I can just imagine how delicious your meal was @Ispend2much6. Your husband's plate looks fantastic. 😊 Especially with the cold nights and cooler weather we've been having, this looks perfect! 

@CynthieLu  Thanks! My only regret is that I didn’t have half and half for the potatoes.

@Ispend2much6 Hmm this sounds interesting!

It’s pretty good @Samtian 

@Ispend2much6 Unstuffed? Did you just toss all the usual ingredients in a pan and bake? I love cabbage rolls but anything rolled is so tedious to make! This would be a total time saver! All the flavour with less prep!

10,864 Replies
testing