cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

This has been a bit of a tough week and I needed kitchen therapy.  Cinnamon rolls, anyone?

20221229_174427.jpg

@CookieGirl1 ,

Glorious Cinnamon Buns!  They look so good!

@CookieGirl1  Hope things are better for you 🙂.... but, oh yum! This is the kind of therapy I need right now! 😋🤤

Yummy Cinni Buns! And enough to share 😉( @Mellmars1185 I'd take one with a ️ too) I hope your week got better @CookieGirl1 💖 and that you got to enjoy your yummy baking 

Cinnamon buns are the food equivalency to a hug 🤎 I’m sorry it’s a tough go for you, I hope this week will be better and bring you a flood of joy and easiness @CookieGirl1 

Sorry it’s been a rough week! Sending hugs! Glad you are giving yourself the good stuff, those look incredible! @CookieGirl1 

@sister13 @bakeamuffin @CynthieLu thanks, y'all, so far this week is definitely going more smoothly.  And the cinnamon buns disappeared, lol.

Oh @CookieGirl1 @this is such a teaser. Perfect with a cup of coffee 👍👌

@CookieGirl1  They are beautiful!  Yes, I would love some!  I hear you on a tough week.  I hope it gets better, for both of us.

@Ispend2much6 agreed!

@CookieGirl1 I'll take one please ☺️. I would love to eat it with a coffee ️ . They look excellent. I hope you felt better after making and hopefully eating one !

I've been on a baking and cooking bonanza, even though there's just 2 of us here.

Yesterday, I made cheesecake-filled red velvet cookies and white chocolate chip funfetti cookies. The white chocolate were especially delicious. I also used the leftover sauce from our Christmas Eve meal (we went to an Indian restaurant) and marinated the chicken in yogurt and spices to use up the rest of the delicious sauce. For dinner, I made ribeye steaks with garlic mashed potatoes and a caesar salad, which I didn't take pictures of.

IMG-20221225-WA0014.jpeg

IMG-20221225-WA0022.jpeg

Today I made cookies with white chocolate chips and cookie butter. They are so delicious! I overbaked them a bit so they're crunchy instead of chewy (still yummy, though) but I still have half the dough left for round 2. I also did a whole chicken with the left over mashed potatoes and another salad. I dry rubbed it last night and left it open in the fridge to dry out the skin. It's the best way to cook chicken IMO. When you bake it in the over it leaves the skin super crispy but the insides so juicy. All that was left was a piece that will probably be gone by morning. It doesn't look like much in the picture but trust me, it's on of the best things I've learned from a cook book.

35a015fb-1209-4413-be89-3f6bfa2b3272.jpgIMG-2289.jpg

@makeitup305 @Everything looks soo good 😘🥰👌

Oh my gosh, @makeitup305, you've been busy!

@CookieGirl1 it's definitely kept me entertained on my week off!

@makeitup305  Sometimes you just have to bake!  Everything looks soo good!

@Ispend2much6 yes exactly! 

Wonderful meals and desserts! I have been doing a lot of cooking too!

I have been doing a dry rub on our thanksgiving Turkey the last few years and get unending compliments- it turns out so juicy and delicious and people can’t believe it compared to past experiences with dried out Turkey. 

I also add a parsley-lemon-onion-butter rub under the skin before cooking, which also helps! @makeitup305 

@sister13 that rub sounds delicious! I usually just rub with salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil just in case I want to add a sauce or use it for a salad. Since it was only 2 of us for Thanksgiving, I made a chicken instead of a turkey and added a bundle of sage, thyme and rosemary and it was perfect. 

They sounds great - often simplest is best!! @makeitup305 

@makeitup305 Looks excellent! Sometimes we can be so productive when we get the urge to cook. 

10,864 Replies
testing