cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Saradestin  I thought so!!!  and it’s not from the date it’s opened.  It’s from the date it’s harvested.  And it takes on average three months for quality oils to arrive here and reach store shelves so they last about nine months.  

also, 70% of the worlds olive oil on store shelves isn’t actually olive oil but dyed ‘mystery oils’. There’s no way the olive trees in the whole world could support just the ‘olive oil’ on grocery shelves in the US alone. It’s a huge mafia controlled industry.  

You are right @heartsmyface , we have so many olive trees in Spain, and other Mediterranean countries do as well, but the level of olive oil (and the olives as well) consumption in the Mediterranean countries is extremely high (we never use butter, always olive oil) But now that you say it... maybe that’s what we think! We may be using something else! 😅

@Saradestin  if you take a shot glass and warm the bottom with the heat from your hand while using the other hand to cover the top and rotate it swirling the oil for about two minutes and then take a sip misting it through your teeth almost breathing it in, you should be able to taste the actual olive attributes (some apple peely, some tomato leafy, some peachy, some taste grassy) If it has a lingering Pepperiness going down the back of your throat that’s the biophenols (good antioxidants).  
I would think that if you’re used to fresh olives you’d KNOW if an oil wasn’t from those fresh fruits.  It’s much easier to scam people who aren’t  aware what a fresh olive is supposed to taste like.

the average bottle of olive oil here doesn’t even say which kind of olive it is derived from or a harvest date.   

Thank you for sharing all these knowledge you have @heartsmyface ! It is really fascinating! 😃

My son has three cooking projects to complete before he heads back to school:  buffalo wings, sushi, and Levain copycat chocolate chip cookies.

Chicken wings.  Marinated overnight in buttermilk and dredged in flour, garlic powder, and cajun spice.  It needs some salt, but wow, the chicken is tender and the breading is crunchy!  Sauced in a bottle of Anchor Inn sauce, half a bottle of Frank's, and 1/2 stick butter.

frying wings.jpgfried wings.jpg

sauced wings.jpg

@Ispend2much6 Looks excellent. Sounds like a tasty batter and sauce!

@Mellmars1185  They did turn out well.  The problem  with things turning out well the first time is, it's hard to replicate. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Hehe did you take notes?

We followed a recipe, but I'll have to try to remember to fry them at level 6, not 8. @Mellmars1185 

Yummy! @Ispend2much6 Those wings look tasty 😍 

@CynthieLu  Thank you!  They disappeared quickly.  And showed up on my scale the next morning.

@Ispend2much6 ,

This looks and sounds so delicious!

@tsavorite  It was!  I think we figured out a good recipe.

And me having fruit for dinner... 😖 This looks delicious @Ispend2much6! 🤤🤤🤤

@Saradestin  I'd take your fruit; it probably is the freshest fruit around!

It was very good @Ispend2much6 , specially the mango, that was so tasty and sweet and I was not expecting it because they were looking so green! I hope the rest are as sweet as this one was!

@Ispend2much6  If you get tired of eating all his cooking send him this way!  

@heartsmyface  We all feel so fat right now, this on the heels of Christmas cookies!

@Ispend2much6 love the "to-do" list 😁

And to think it's his own ideas @CookieGirl1 !

I am also do the things as you do most of the time for my meals...

10,864 Replies
testing