cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@bakeamuffin ,

Is it really Christmas without Gingerbread?  I think not!

@tsavorite You have a point, it is a Christmas staple! 

Awww, @bakeamuffin, they're so cute!

Thank you @CookieGirl1 ! ☺️

So cute! @bakeamuffin I used to make gingerbread houses from scratch. Fresh indented is so delish!

Oh I love that @sister13 ! Did you measure yourself or did you find a kits to do that? 

I used a Martha Stewart template and cut the pieces out of cardboard (I think I still have them somewhere!) Then you just cut around the template - I want to say I baked first, then cut to get crisper edges. 

Looks like this, seems to be called Swedish Gingerbread House, you can probably Google it! @bakeamuffin 

sister13_0-1672193451026.jpeg

@sister13 ,

This is a very handsome house!

@bakeamuffin Looks wonderful! I have never made gingerbread before. I am sure they were very tasty !

@Mellmars1185 , thank you they were! Soft and scrumptious 😊

@bakeamuffin  How adorable!! 

@Ispend2much6 Thank you!

@bakeamuffin 😍😋

Christmas cookies left out for...us!  I've been baking non-stop for about a week; next year I think I need to start in November if I'm giving these as gifts.

Peppermint white chocolate Jo Jo's, a couple of slivers of M&M blondies, Scottish shortbread, brown sugar shortbread, lemon biscotti (the ones not pretty enough to give away, but hey, they still taste good,) thumbprints, and Polish Almond Butter cookies.

cookies on a plate.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I remember doing this for other people at Christmas, I miss it! Making a regular batch of cookies of 5-6 different types, then making plates that have a few of each to give. I never expected them in return and it was always a surprise when a neighbor gave my family a plate of cookies. Good memories, thank you 💕🎄

@eshoe   Cookies are like love; you can never have too much/many. 💕  I'm glad you have a great memory!

Wow, yum! I usually just make chocolate chip and oatmeal butterscotch. @Ispend2much6 

@sister13  I love butterscotch oatmeal! 

@Ispend2much6 Your baking looks so scrumptious! I lovvvee shortbread!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you!  Me too!  I'm so glad that the Land O' Lakes European-Style Butter went on sale bogo!

Yum, @Ispend2much6, you HAVE been busy!!!

10,713 Replies
testing