cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Sunnysmom Thank you! Everyone said they were good! 

These look soooo good @Samtian! 😋 I want a cupcake now, those cupcakes!! 🧁 Maybe not the best idea for breakfast but they look delicious! Hope your mom had a great Mother’s Day. So thoughtful of you to make them for her. And to share with your coworkers! 

@itsfi Breakfast of champions right there! Trust me I know 😄 thank you!

IMG_2602.jpeg

For Mother’s Day, we celebrated with some Goi Cuon or Vietnamese salad rolls. It’s rice vermicelli, fresh vegetables, and protein in a rice paper wrapper served with a peanut sauce on the side. Please excuse my non-existent wrapping skills. My mom is amazing at this, but sadly it’s not hereditary…

I usually see it with lettuce and shrimp, but I’ve also seen it with grilled beef. You could also do shredded chicken. For veggies, lettuce is most common, but I had one last corn on the cob for the day before, so I cut the kernels off and added them too. And for a few I also added some cucumber. I even made one experimental one with kimchi because I ran out of lettuce. The sauce is 2 parts hoisen sauce to 1 part peanut butter. It’s easier to soften the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds, then mix in the hoisen sauce. If peanuts aren’t your thing, you can omit them. If you like heat, you can also add some sriracha to the mix. 

@JoSometimes I just ate dinner and this is making me hungry. Thank you for the sauce recipe!

@Mellmars1185 My pleasure. I’m happy to share! And sorry to make you hungry again!

Oh wow! Look at the delicious meal you made. @JoSometimes These are soo tasty looking. Oh and that and that sauce sounds yummy. I bet this was gobled right up 🙂💗 

There were three leftover and only because we were too full to keep eating @CynthieLu! 🤤

@JoSometimes  I love these!  You have just inspired me to try to make them.

I’d love to hear how they turn out @Ispend2much6!

@JoSometimes uhm, I see corn. THATS GENIUS!!!!!

Thanks @jaaayp! I had one cob left and didn’t want it to go to waste.

🌽 = 👍, 🍤 = 👍, so 🌽 + 🍤 = 😋!

Yum @JoSometimes! I love shrimp rolls; yours look great! 👍🏼 You did a fab job of wrapping the rolls - you didn’t skimp on yummy ingredients and wrapped them neatly and tightly without them bursting! That’s awesome! 

@itsfi There were a few ripped ones testers that were promptly tasted tested. 😅

lol @JoSometimes! Gotta do the quality control - love it! Whenever I walk into the kitchen and someone is cooking, I always ask if there are any broken pieces I can "help with" 🤣 or ones not quite the way someone wanted it. Just trying to help, right?!

@itsfi EXACTLY! I usually hang out near the kitchen or food table during gatherings for this reason. To “help”

@JoSometimes Looks interesting! I'd eat it lol. 

They’re delicious and fresh tasting. You can find them in the appetizer section of just about every Vietnamese restaurant @Samtian 

@JoSometimes 😞 we don't have those here lol. 

@JoSometimes @it looks pretty good to me 😘

Thank you @blackkitty2014! Even if they weren’t up to par looks-wise, they were still delicious!

10,864 Replies
testing