cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@JoSometimes i’m so sorry! i have no idea, my dad cooked it! but if you want, i can ask him and get back to u?

@StellaAdeline No need to worry! I hope it was as delicious as it sounds!

@StellaAdeline Sounds delicious and healthy!

@Mellmars1185 yep! 

I tried a new dump cake recipe

One jar Bonne Maman blueberry preserves (any brand of preserves that are loosecwould be good,.)

1/3 cup sugar

6-8 cups blueberries

Mix these and place in 9x13 pan.

Sprinkle  box of cake mix on top ( yellow, white, or lemon)

Thinly slice 1.5 sticks butter on top of mixture, sprinle top with cinnamon, and bake at 350 for 50-65 minutes.

Recipe from The Kitchn.

20230702_221431.jpg

@Ispend2much6 ,

Thank you for including the Recipe!

@tsavorite. You're welcome!

Ooh I might need to try this @Ispend2much6 🌹

@blackkitty2014 It's soo easy! The original recipe called for mixing cans of blueberry pie fillling with the fresh berries. 

@Ispend2much6 Looks tasty!! Your family must love when you bake 💞

@Mellmars1185  Thanks!  They do, and I am trying to not be too prolific about it.  This is our last summer with everyone living in the same house, so I'm cooking everyone's favorites (and trying to do a little cooking instruction also.)

@Ispend2much6 Aw really?! That is wonderful. I know you will miss cooking for everyone. Ah life is so fluid. You are a great Mom 🥰

@Mellmars1185. You too! I'm trying not to be too sentimental and putting a damper on things.

@Ispend2much6 We grow with them. Thank you 

@Ispend2much6 I had to look up what a dump cake was. 😅

It looks delicious though! I see half the pan is already gone so it must have been. I love blueberries in baked goods. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🫐

@JoSometimes   It's kind of an ugly name for such a tasty dish. 🙂  Thanks!  It made a  very large amount, enough for breakfasts and dessert the next day.

Last night I was craving Pho. I forgot to take a picture. Luckily I have some for leftovers today gor my lunch!

20230626_115537.jpg

@Mellmars1185! I love a good bowl of pho. My parents used to take my sister and I on Sundays and in high school, I’d go for a bowl with my friends and we’d challenge each other to see who could make the broth as red as possible using sriracha. Sometimes, I’ll make a bowl at home. It doesn’t take much to make the broth. 

If you like spice, try sate if they have any. If you’re in the mood for something lighter, vermicelli bowls are delicious. And Bahn Mi sandwiches make for a great to-go lunch option. You can’t go wrong with Vietnamese food. It’s no wonder McDonalds isn’t popular in Vietnam when they have better tasting and healthier options like this!

@JoSometimes Thank you for the suggestions ! Yes i love all of the fresh flavours. I made my broth a little too spicy yesterday. It cleared me up. I loved it.

@Mellmars1185 I love Pho, enjoy 

@CorgiMommy Thank you! Have you ordered anything else besides Pho from a Vietnamese restaurant? Looking to try out some more dishes.

10,864 Replies
testing