cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185! It was really delicious. I’ve seen some places serve the sesame sauce on the side and you can dip your food in it. If you ever make yourself some and can’t find sesame sauce, I read tahini can work too since it’s also sesame-based. 

@JoSometimes Dang that sounds and looks good!

Thanks @Samtian! It ended up being really delicious. I made a little too much though and had it for a second meal the following day. 

@JoSometimes what you cannot do 😘 you’re so gifted my friend. Korean hotpot sounds really good right now. I need to hunt down some fish balls. Those can be super handy to throw in any kind of seafood soup too 

Thank you @blackkitty2014! I always loved cooking and took classes in high school. I could never cut it in culinary arts though. Too much pressure!

Fish balls are kinda tricky to find at the grocery store. Sometimes I find them beside the fresh fish and other times its in the frozen section. It depends on where I decide to shop. They’re pretty handy to toss into soups or pan fry them in sauce and serve over rice or noodles. I hope you’re able to find some!

@JoSometimes I wish I took cooking classes while I was in school or college. It’s a superb skill to have. Both my parents are great cooks so I didn’t want to learn. Until I had my own family and the pandemic hit, I got frustrated with overpriced subpar food then I started to learn 😂🤣 I’m still calling my mom every so often for some recipes 🤣😂

I would be sooo interested in a broth recipe @JoSometimes  I wish I could make that simply by feel 😍 it looks sooo good!

There's nothing like a comforting family meal that was *bonus* easy to prepare and execute. 🙃

Jelly over here!

@CynthieLu It was a big pot of chicken broth with maybe a couple teaspoons of each sauce I listed. Chinese sauces tend to be pretty salty, so they’re best used in moderation. Taste and add more as you see fit!

Paella, it is a Memorial Day Weekend tradition.  I am not really sure why.

FB_IMG_1685152476199.jpg

@CorgiMommy ,

I'm really envious here!  I have never had Paella, and I have wanted to try it forever!

@CorgiMommy Mmm. I have not tried paella before. It looks wonderful!

@Mellmars1185 if you love seafood you should try it.  Thanks

Sounds like a worthwhile tradition, @CorgiMommy!

Sooooo when are you having us over for dinner? 😉 @CorgiMommy 

I loooove paella! All the yummy crispiness at the bottom and the seafood on top! This looks sooooo delicious @CorgiMommy!

@JoSometimes I agree the crispy rice is the best part,  thanks

@CorgiMommy Whoo that is beautiful!

@Samtian , thank you, I have been making paella for over 25 years

@CorgiMommy Nice! I've only heard of it before, never seen it in person. 

Whatever the reason for this beautiful tradition, keep at it @CorgiMommy! The seafood looks amazingly fresh and delicious! My mouth is watering. 😋

@itsfi thanks, it is surprising that we can get such fresh seafood in  Colorado 

10,713 Replies
testing