What's on your plate?

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

That's me with the Smashbox Primer Water! LOL!

He gives me the vapors.....gotta calm myself!  Smiley Very Happy

Aww that would be awesome to have a direct person to get them from.  I have seen them around town but I never have cash or am in a hurry so I don't stop.

Haha!  

Yeah, the cash part always gets me too!

My friend's daughter used to hustle cookies like crazy. Since it's not as often folks carry singles around and they were $4 a box, she'd be like "Hey, 5 boxes for $20!" and that worked SOOOOO well since folks carried $5s, $10s, or $20 bills with them and it was easier than trying to break something for change. 

Hate that!

Haha!  Wow good strategy!!

[ Edited ]

Cauli crust (homemade)smoked pepperoni pizza. Or, as mr. Husband calls it - stinky pizza! ( Because I sometimes ( like, today! ) make it with cheddar and provolone, and that stinks to him. Pfffft. )

cauli crust pizza.jpg

It may be stinky, but it's also YUMMMMMEHHHHH!

Tabouleh. I've been craving it, so I finally broke down and made it. Most satisfying healthy food I've had in a long time. 

image.jpeg

<3 tabbouleh

I haven't had tabouleh in the longest time! Love all the color!

Thanks! I got the recipe by googling "tabouleh recipes", and choosing the one from the "lebaneserecipes" website. The  Burghul-parsley ratio ended up not to my liking, so I added more Burghul and it was perfect. I'd post the link, but it's an outside site. 

This looks amazing! I love tabouleh!

Omg I love tabouleh!!!!!!!!!!!  

The Boy has decided to learn how to cook and to make us dinner on Sundays, he has now made exactly TWO meals in his entire life. I'm ridiculously proud of him.

1 - Turkey bitki, salad, and roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts.

image.jpeg

2 - Steak with whiskey cream sauce, mushrooms, baked potato, and a salad.

image.jpeg

Looks like you taught him well.  Looks delicious!

Way to go boy!

Yum! He did well!

Looks fabulous; he did well! 

[ Edited ]

Made this peanut butter cheesecake for my honey bunch recently. In my new toy - instant pot! ( Obsessed with that thing right now! ) Easy peasy and delish! I've never made a cheesecake before getting that thing, but now I'm slowly but surely becoming an expert ( not really, but you know... ) Smiley Wink This is my second cheesecake ever, and I'm so proud of it, but excuse it being a bit "rough around the edges".

peanut2.jpg

peanut butter2.jpg

OMG this looks delicious!!!

That looks delicious!

OMGGGGGGG!!!! Everything about that screams delicious!!!!

Recipe??

It looks wonderful, so kudos for it being just cheesecake attempt #2, because it's stellar! I bet it tasted even better too! Your honey is super lucky!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments