cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@itsfi ,

I like the creamy texture or consistency of the Costco Kirkland Vanilla Ice Cream better.  Humboldt does a good job.  You are right, you will need room in the freezer, even if you just get the Vanilla Ice Cream.  I think it's 2 half gallons.  The price is much better per oz. than Hagen Daz, though.  So, It's economical.

Costco doesn’t do “small” very well @tsavorite. 😝 

@itsfi ,

While you are at Costco, if you like mint chocolate chip, they usually have Yasso Frozen Yogurt Bars.  They are only 100 calories.

Or, Hagen Daz Bars are on Sale....

Hahaha @tsavorite, definitely going to have to make space in the freezer now before heading out to Costco. 😆 

@itsfi I love anything strawberry or anything mango. If it’s marbled or has real bits of fruit, even better! What about you?

Oooh, strawberry and mango @JoSometimes? Delicious! 😋 I completely agree - fruit bits in ice cream or sorbet is the best! Sooo good! 

My favorite? Oh goodness. So many. But I’m always partial to tin roof sundae - it was my favorite as a kid and it’s just nostalgic for me. I can always do salted caramel too! It’s probably easier to name ice cream flavors I don’t enjoy. 🤣 

Mmm… that’s a classic combination @itsfi! I used to hate peanuts as a kid, but I understand their presence in desserts now. I appreciate their salty crunch contrasting something really sweet. Banana splits and super kid ice cream were my childhood favourites.

What is this Super Kid ice cream of which you speak @JoSometimes?! I’m intrigued. 🤔

IMG_4982.jpeg

It was from a chocolate shop called Laura Secord and was blueberry, strawberry, and banana all swirled together. Laura Secord used to be a staple in Canadian malls when I was a kid but they’ve scaled back quite. Whenever I see one, I stop and get a scoop. 😁🫐🍓🍌

I love, love, looooove Laura Secord sucre a la crème @JoSometimes. So decadently delicious! 🥰 I remember seeing a Laura Secord store with ice cream. I knew we should have gone inside!! Next time!! 

That Super Kid ice cream looks delish! 

@JoSometimes Yes!!! This is one of my all time favourite ice creams. I actually went and got a scoop this summer. Oh the nostalgia. My aunt that used to buy it for me when I was a kid refused to try it because she said it looks like playdoh lol. The chocolate makes it extra special.

@itsfi @tsavorite I’m so sorry! I misread the comments and inserted myself directly into your conversation! Please carry on! 🥺🙏

@JoSometimes ,

Interrupt anytime!  😊

Nothing to apologize for @JoSometimes! Insert yourself right on in here! 😃 @tsavorite and I will most certainly carry on, with you and anyone who wants to share their fave ice cream flavor or chat about other’s favorite. The more the merrier. 

@itsfi , @JoSometimes ,

Absolutely!

Ice cream is great any time @itsfi!

Right @JoSometimes?!! I love ice cream so I can’t complain. 🍨 I feel like this hit a few food groups as well; I got my fruit, grains, dairy … 🤣 

Making cupcakes with the cute littles in my life. 

PXL_20230930_144640399.jpg

PXL_20230930_150833661.jpg

PXL_20230930_150837833.jpg

The icing is home made with just melted chocolate and the bottoms are from a box, they are confetti cake. 😁 🎊

We were making spooky cupcakes and tried too make them into spiders 🤎🧡🖤

@CynthieLu ,

The cupcakes look like works of art.  Melted chocolate toppings!  😊

@CynthieLu @How cute 

@CynthieLu. How cute and fun! I really want some of that icing!

10,864 Replies
testing