cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Yuuum @Mellmars1185! Simple food with big flavour!

@JoSometimes You know it! We season our wings with Montreal Chicken Spice. I find I enjoy them just like that but I enjoy having some variety with hot sauce 🔥

@Mellmars1185 @Love avocado toast with chili flakes and honey. Looks yummy. Is it regular honey or hot honey?

@SportyGirly125 Thank you. It is regular honey. I want to buy hot honey...or make some. I think will enjoy the meal more that way 🔥🍯

I have never tried honey on my avocado toast before @Mellmars1185 I'm intrigued by this 🍯

@CynthieLu @It’s so good. We have a local place that serves it with chili flakes and honey. When my husband and I make it at home we make it with Mike’s hot honey. 

Hot honey sounds so yummy for this @SportyGirly125 😍

@CynthieLu It was my first time trying. I think I prefer it without the honey 🍯

I hit "pause" on salad for a meal the other night and went with gluten free pumpkin ravioli from Trader Joe's, with a dusting of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Simple and simply delicious. 😋 I thought about drizzling some extra virgin olive oil over it, and I think it would have tasted great with it, but it was oh so good without as well. Dinner also included balsamic vinaigrette glazed brussel sprouts as a side dish, but I forgot to take a photo. Leftovers were part of lunch the next day.

GF Pumpkin Ravioli 2.jpg

For those who wanted something meatier, I made a meat ragu and added that, along with freshly grated parmesan cheese, atop the pumpkin ravioli. btw, they thought the pasta being gluten free was good. I may grab the non-gf one for them to try and compare with the gluten free version the next time they're here.

GF Pumpkin Ravioli 3.jpg

GF Pumpkin Ravioli 1.jpg

This looks perfectly scrumptious!  😍🧡 If I lived where there was a TJ's I would definitely run out right now and get some. @itsfi Yum!

@itsfi The ravioli look and sound delicious. Fresh pasta is such a treat. Brussel sprouts sound like a delicious side for this meal.

@Mellmars1185, it makes for a quick, easy and tasty dinner. 👍🏼 

@itsfi   Sometimes simple is the best.  I hope TJ's pumpkin gnocchi freeze well because I want to stock up.

Yes, keeping it simple works well in this house @Ispend2much6. 😆 

Finally some greens! Inspired by @itsfi. I have been craving vegetables since returning from Sephoria. 

1000005604.jpg

Salad Ingredients

Spinach

Apples (Silken)

Old cheddar cubes

Avacodo

Cucumber

Roasted Walnuts

Dressing

Balsamic vinegar

olive oil

Salt

Pomegranate molasses

Dijon

Protein

Baton Rouge Chicken Burger (probably not the healthiest)

Looks pretty darn delicious @Mellmars1185 😊💕

@CynthieLu Thank you. I must say I was impressed! I winged it and it turned out ☺️

@Mellmars1185 and it even LOOKS pretty!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you! ✔️✔️

@Mellmars1185   I would pay a lot of money for a salad like that!

@Ispend2much6 Thank you sooo much. I really love salads but I don't eat them as much as I want because not everyone in my household loves salad as much as I do. Next time I will make extra for you 😉

10,713 Replies
testing