cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Oh, kalamata olives filled with hot peppers, you say @Mellmars1185?! Where have I been? Going to look that up.

I am a fan of all sorts of olives as well; I'd say Castelvetrano olives are my favorites - pitted or unpitted; if it's pitted though, I can eat more in one sitting.  Oh wait, is that not how to go about it?! 😊 I do love the Castevetrano. Also a big fan of kalamata olives in a red pasta sauce ... mmmm.  Oh, the olives in a dirty vodka martini are fine by me as well! 🍸

@itsfi Ohh those sound great! There is also a green olive stuffed with a pepper paste. I usually get the specialty olives at the deli so sometimes they carry different olives. I just discovered a dirty martini recently and I have been obsessed! I think I was living under a rock 🪨🍸

lol @Mellmars1185! Not under a rock. We have our signature drinks we gravitate towards and sometimes it's hard to deviate from them; not that we don't want to try other drinks, but it's also nice to just have something familiar; or to try how a new place makes our go to drink. Do you like your martini with gin?

@itsfi I tried a fancy gin martini at a restaurant and I didn't like it a while back. I like a dirty vodka martini and vodka is my liquor of choice. I recently went to a holiday party and people were ordering them, so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. Which kind do you prefer?

@Mellmars1185, between vodka and gin for martini's, I prefer vodka. 🍸It (vodka) was my first hard liquor of choice. I still like vodka but my default is whiskey / bourbon. I do love me a good old fashioned; or just a whiskey neat. 🥃 

I approve this message 😉❤️ lol. @itsfi 

Lol @CynthieLu. I very much appreciate that; thank you. It’s far from mastered; so yes, I’ll take it upon myself to try making it again another time. 😆 😋 

I love your tribute to us Canadians @itsfi! How was your poutine?

@JoSometimes, I wondered how to celebrate it (other than shopping 🛍️, which I, errrr, might have also done 😬), and one of my most enjoyable moments when I was in Canada was making everyone try poutine … not just once but several times during our stay and in different places. 😋 

The poutine was alright; it’s the second time I’ve made it. This was better than the first, but it felt like the gravy was missing a bit of the tang I remembered. The cheese curds were nice and melty, stretchy, and had that crunch to it. I debated whether to top it with some smoked meat. 

@itsfi Everywhere I go, the chef has their own secret gravy recipe. It’s never the same. Hopefully you find a recipe that you like!

And smoked meat on top… 😋

@JoSometimes, that makes sense to have a secret sauce. I’m happy to keep trying (and eating) until I find a sauce I love, and when I do, I’ll just keep working on it to perfect it. If that means eating a lot of poutine, so be it. 

lol, I had poutine with smoked meat in BC a few years back and it was amazing! One of my best meals during the entire trip. That trip  consisted of delicious meals the entire time. 😋 

@itsfi If you ever have the chance, Montreal is where it’s at. I’ve only been once in my life but I miss the food so much!

I made fried baccala for dinner.  It turned out well, but it's always an adventure because the texture of dried salted cod is so different from fresh fish. 

20231225_173843_HDR.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I bet this was delicious. Fun fact! My family was talking about the fish our neighbors used to make and my Mom was calling it baklava 🤣

I’ve never had dried salted cod but that still looks delicious @Ispend2much6! 😋

Thanks! @JoSometimes  It requires 24hrs of soaking bit it’s worth it.

@Ispend2much6 ohhhh yum 😋

@lmaster  Thank you!!!  It was tasty because salted cod is, salty, and doesn't really taste like fish. 🙂

Right now I am going to eat a baked potato with bacon and barbecue chicken 😋 

@winniethepoohs Mmm that sounds tasty. I am getting hungry now.

That's a good meal @winniethepoohs. 🤩 

Yum!

10,864 Replies
testing