cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185  We really are twins!

@Ispend2much6 looks totally yummy

@Ispend2much6 pizza has got to be it's own food group LOL

@CorgiMommy. The most important food group.

@CorgiMommy  Thank you! Even bad pizza tastes pretty good.🍕

@Ispend2much6 there's something SO yummy about a homemade hot pizza on a cold night.

@CookieGirl1  Or any night.😊

@Ispend2much6 good point 😋

@Ispend2much6 @Wow 😮 

@SportyGirly125 @CynthieLu  It's from the website Natasha's Kitchen. The dough is really easy to handle.

Woah you did great @Ispend2much6 👍. I need to look it up. I like Natasha. She’s so bubbly 🥰

@blackkitty2014  I haven't seen her videos; sounds like I need to- thanks!

Omg it looks fantastic! 🍕 Send me a slice please! 😉 @Ispend2much6 

I had the equivalent of two of these for my family for the past two weeks. For the four of us.  We have 8 Oreos and a dozen mini Christmas trees left.

That's reasonable, right? 

Ispend2much6_0-1703908091444.jpeg

These look SO tasty, @Ispend2much6,!! 

Those look delicious! @Ispend2much6 

@makeitup305  thanks!  I'm so tired of food. lol

@Ispend2much6 LOL! I've been pretty bad, too. I need some fresh veggies and lean chicken to balance me out. 

@makeitup305  For two months before Thanksgiving, I totally kicked the sugar habit and went extremely low carb, no wheat.  My starches were oats and brown rice cakes.  After three weeks of absolutely feeling miserable, I started to feel really good, lost 15 pounds easily, lots of water weight lost, and didn't crave sugar anymore.  In fact, if I tasted it, I couldn't finish it because it tasted gross.

Thankgiving did me in, and I felt so awful putting carbs back in!  I'm a carb-addict.  My body is getting used to having carbs, but I still feel awful.  Lesson learned.

@Ispend2much6 I feel you. I started tracking food in September and working out and managed to lose 20 lbs and gain some muscle but I've been really bad the last couple of weeks and going back to bad habits. I never cut carbs completely but eating so many snacks and not getting enough protein/greens has definitely messed me up. I'm trying to get back into it this week and next week before the year really kicks in. 

@makeitup305  Good plan!  I'll join you, starting Tuesday.

10,829 Replies
testing