cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Always good to be prepared, @JoSometimes.

Fudge Brownie Cookies courtesy of Insanely Good Recipes.

Thus is a one-bowl, melted butter, spoon only recipe (no mixer needed.)

C271A3A5-4B3C-4FAE-AC09-417B9319DE27.jpeg

@Ispend2much6 These cookies look super tasty. The chocolate chips are placed so thoughtfully on top 🍪❤️

@Mellmars1185  Thank you!

@Ispend2much6 Oooookaaaaay! They look ooey-gooey and delicious! 😋 

@JoSometimes  Indeed they are!  Your kids would probably like making these.  With sprinkles on top, of course. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 They absolutely would! (After we deal with some cavities… 😅)

Oh no! Well, that’s what fillings are for, so you can keep eating sugar. @JoSometimes 

@Ispend2much6 🤣🤣🤣

I mean the Dentist's need jobs to, lol.

@CynthieLu @Exactly! It’s our duty to keep the entire economy afloat, all of it.

My mouth is seriously watering over here @Ispend2much6 😍 Your cupcakes look sinfully delicious. 

@CynthieLu  They're even easier than cupcakes, they're cookies!  And, they are even better the second day- still chewy. 🙂

Omg I'm laughing at myself 🤣 @Ispend2much6 I thought I was looking at the tops of cupcakes. They clearly are cookies. 😅😅

Still chewy on day two? Oooh gosh I would love to try these. 🤩

@Ispend2much6 Those look amazing and delicious 

@SportyGirly125   Thanks!  They are soo good.

IMG_6843.jpeg

For some reason, every time I enjoy a day out in girl-mode, I wind up eating sushi. I do like that everything’s bite-sized and I can eat it pretty neatly without messing up my lippie too much.

On the left is spicy salmon with cream cheese and on the right is sweet potato. I hadn’t eaten at all until late in the afternoon, hence the giant appetite. 

@JoSometimes There is nothing better than satisfying a sushi craving. My favourite is when I don't have to share it 😅

@Mellmars1185 Agreed! 😁

Whats your favourite kind of sushi?🍣 

@JoSometimes Ohhh hard question.. I love them all. Im not a big fan of sashimi. I get a bento box from my local sushi restaurant, and it comes with salad, miso soup, spicy salmon rolls, California rolls, and Dynamite rolls. It is just the perfect amount for me to have (with some leftovers). How about yourself?

@Mellmars1185 There is this spicy shrimp salad roll I found at a restaurant an hour and half away from my home town that I miss so much. I’ve also been enjoying aburrí sushi, which is when they torch it. I love sushi and I’ll eat pretty much anything!

Sounds like you had a sweet day out adventuring the mall.  @JoSometimes. That's such a wise and tasty meal. No fuss. 😉

10,829 Replies
testing