cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

That looks scrumptious @JoSometimes and so golden! 

@CynthieLu I had half of one leftover, so I scooped some ice cream into it! 😋

Yuuuum!! @JoSometimes 🍨

Aww, that was sweet of you to get your wife a waffle maker @JoSometimes.  Looks like you get the benefit of having it as well 😋.

@CookieGirl1 Ironically, I’m the one the does most of the cooking. 😂

@JoSometimes that looks delicious! Have you tried Liege waffles? they're the ones that have pearl sugar in them. They're more time intensive to make but so good!

I’ve never heard of that before but it sounds amazing @makeitup305!

@JoSometimes you have to make kind of a brioche dough and then incorporate the pearl sugar. Usually you have just one since they are quite rich and sweet but they're so good! I can sometimes find them frozen at more fancy grocery stores and occasionally individually wrapped at Costco but either frozen or freshly made is way better.

@makeitup305 I just looked up a basic brioche dough recipe. Looks like it calls for a bit of patience with the yeast involved but they must be absolutely fluffy and delicious.

My lunch today was picked up on the go. A total comfort food of mine is Pad Sew Ew. I love this so much. 🤩

I have tried to make this at home but nothing tastes as good as this little take out spot. 

1000011647.jpg

Ooh! Yum

@CynthieLu Mmm that looks good!

I can confirm it was 😉 @Samtian 

@CynthieLu This looks so delicious. I have not tried this dish. I know I would enjoy it. The thick noodles look yummy.

Its so good @Mellmars1185 I usually get it with beef but that day I think I was feeling adventurous and got battered chicken. 😄

Ooohhhh that looks great @CynthieLu! I love the thick rice noodles in that. 

What was your at home recipe like?

I have a weakness for delicious noodles 🍜 @JoSometimes.

My at home recipe didn't taste nearly as good as this one. I'll be honest here, it wasn't even close. 😅 But the tough thing is, I love this one so much I rarely explore the rest of the menu. It's hard to branch out from a favorite. But the conundrum is, I like to try new things. 

I made a green goddess salad this week. It kept getting better everyday as it sat in the dressing.

20240111_105530.jpg

Your salad 🥗 looks amazing @Mellmars1185   and I am enjoying a lean cuisine meal of lemon shrimp 🍤 with veggies and brown rice.

@Mellmars1185 Oooo avocados making everything more delicious!

@JoSometimes Thank you. To me they take everything to the next level 💚

10,864 Replies
testing